Vaal Discipline

Awesome skill, by far one of the best Vaal gem
-
I would like to see Vaal Discipline get fixed and probably other Vaal skills. I would like to see Vaal skills be uninterruptable.
Right now, you do lose Souls if you try to use your Vaal skill and get stunned out of it. It is probably under specific circumstances, but I have tested and am able to reproduce this. If you let a bunch of Zombies surround you and hit you, in my case they will stun me because I am CI. Try to spam the Q(that is my Vaal Discipline key) key. It will use up the Souls, but not activate Vaal Discipline. This is bad, because I intend to use this for my emergency safety switch. Which, I have noticed several times failed to work for me causing me to almost die.
Post nerf leveling the skill gem doesn't do anything anymore it just adds AoE to it. It should probably give some bonus like duration or something.
Removing the energy shield bonus was the WORST OF ALL things that GGG made when nerfed this gem!

This gem doesn't serve to NOTHING anymore.

Protecting Shield Recharge when taking damage means nothing at this point of the game!

So, I suggest ... Remove this gem from game.
"
LordTreufeldt wrote:
Protecting Shield Recharge when taking damage means nothing at this point of the game!

It means you recover base 20% of your ES per second, modified by ES Recharge Rate (you can pretty easily jack it up to 50% per second). That's still rather strong.

That said, I wouldn't mind a small ES bonus, even just a quarter of its former glory. That would still be a pretty chunky bit of ES.
In current state not worth leveling.
Old one got me from 100es/9000 max es to 13k es at once. New one doesn't heal me anymore, therefore useless when competing with other skills. If the new one healed me instantly and added 1 (one) es point, I'd be still using this.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
This skill gem does not presently seem worth using, at least unless your character is heavily invested into making it last longer. The loss of the Es bonus is too much, especially since it's pointless to level it since it gains only area like any other aura. It probably needs to grant additional duration and also increased energy shield regeneration rate when it is activated, or even some flat percentage energy shield regen.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Last edited by Avereth12 on May 21, 2017, 3:44:38 AM

Are that gloves good to use on my Guardian? I dont know what means that blight is debuffing enemies so i have hope that wouldnt be applied on my curses.
This skill needs some kind of benefit for leveling.

The most appropriate is probably ES Recharge Rate to fit with the theme of this skill. It doesn't have to be a significant boost, just enough to make it worthwhile to level this skill.

The other appropriate option is more duration, maybe 0.1 seconds per level, making lvl 20 +2 seconds. Heck, even 0.05 seconds per level would be better than nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info