Please do not release Seraph Wings MTX in their current state

just look at them, Mu online wings from a game which was released in 2003 (aRPG diablo style) and the game was more colourfull, something between diablo3 and poe
please do not add wings which actually look like some kind of diablo3 pony graphics thang

Thanks
Last edited by _Raszo_ on Apr 28, 2014, 4:37:58 PM
"
I agree with this 100%. Not only are they gawdy, its not very fair to people that bought the high-level supporter packs with less elaborate back attachments.

I'll buy them in a heartbeat. I'm a sucker for angelic looking armor / accessories.
i agree way too over the top
I love them, would buy over 9000. Screw the haters, same hate the razer footprints got.
Agree with OP.

I really love that POE is a dark and gritty ARPG, but I think the 'sparkly' MTX and skill effects are too cartoony and bright.

Case in point, the new cold damage effect. With a fast attack speed and any cold damage, the screen is just filled with pulsing white balls.

I'd love to see more MTX in the style of the Horns, or dark weapon effects.. they look cool and are gothic and gritty.

Cheerio.
Kia Kaha!
Another thread rife with the faulty "if you don't like it then don't buy it!" argument.

If you don't like it and you don't buy it, they still break your immersion and reduce your enjoyment because you can't disable seeing them.

This hasn't been a serious problem until recently because GGG hasn't dumped on their own atmosphere until recently. I'll leave the tinfoil-hatting as to why GGG is dumping on their own atmosphere to others.

If GGG added a way to disable other's MTXs (even as a paid option), this would not be an issue and they could release all the lowbrow MTXs they wanted.
"
pneuma wrote:
Another thread rife with the faulty "if you don't like it then don't buy it!" argument.

If you don't like it and you don't buy it, they still break your immersion and reduce your enjoyment because you can't disable seeing them.

Ahaha, but you can! Play solo. Or don't play at all.

Spoiler
Hehe
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Apr 28, 2014, 7:01:07 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
This hasn't been a serious problem until recently because GGG hasn't dumped on their own atmosphere until recently.

Are you playing a different game than the rest of us?
"
Baelturath wrote:
What is this "subtle Wraeclast atmosphere" you're talking about?

Perhaps some glowing steampunk clockworks?
Perhaps some Star Trek style shield bubbles?
Perhaps some Ghost Rider knockoffs?
Perhaps some Rhoa babies with tin wings?
Perhaps some exploding lightsabers?

Even without microtransactions the game is "bright and cartoony" - just go to Docks until you find a magic/rare voidbearer, visit any sewer for a magic/rare Undying Grappler, or take a trip to the caverns in Act 1 for Amarissa and Ambrosia. And let's not talk about how "bright and cartoony" pretty much all aura effects, Kaom's Heart and Aegis Aurora look, mkay?
Agree with OP, too much, too bright, such things should be supporter pack stuff.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
Play solo.

Fails due to towns.

"
DestroTheGod wrote:
Or don't play at all.

Well... there's always that, but hopefully GGG doesn't enjoy segmenting their population over something should be an option.

---

"
Baelturath wrote:
Are you playing a different game than the rest of us?

Well, probably yes. I still reminisce about 2011 PoE, not what it's become. That was before steamwork portals, star trek shield bubbles, ghost rider faces, rhoas with tin wings, and exploding weapon glow.

To be honest, of those, only the Eternal Weapon Effect is over-the-top. The portal effect matches the eternal lab (another known portal generator), the shield bubbles definitely fit the atmosphere, the ghost rider skull is no more magic than the player has access to in RF, and rhoas with tin wings is the most accurate to the game of any of those. Rhoas exist and lots of little pieces of metal armor and weapons exist.

Said simply, it's not what people expected from the art team.
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 28, 2014, 7:36:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info