Substantial 1.1.3 Info Posted

I like the mouse window lock feature, now I can leaf up-to the edge of my screen.
Wow... Build of the Week/Year has returned! Glad to see your alright..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
If you're fixing atziri bugs maybe you should restore characters too, honestly, putting content like that in the game that is half broken and then trying to run a serious competition around it, then just pretending it's all good when people lose lvl 90+ characters to a bug that you should of had alpha players test.

Seems familiar.

Yeah it does. Except here chris will see it. And it's still a valid point even if i didn't get fucked by it too. They shouldn't be running competitions around content that is broken, and that is over now but even so it's characters that are at least 85+ and well geared, not restoring characters to those deaths is even worse, especially when so few people are even doing the fight. The atziri bugs are on the same level as the carrion queen bullshit.

I honestly find it quite stupid, that you are have to defend yourself from "death by desync" - this is just new level of game being broken. It is like dying from desync is your fault.
Desync has grown on us for far too long I suppose. : - D Also, being one shoot with 10k HP and no statuses... lol.

Also again: Stop with the wings bullshit. Dark world - no people running around with wings on their backs.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 28, 2014, 8:38:39 AM
\o
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Build of the Week huh? More like build of the month.
"
Perq wrote:
Also again: Stop with the wings bullshit. Dark world - no people running around with wings on their backs.

Yeah, and let's also stop with the steam punk bullshit. We don't need any fancy clockwork elevators or such. Dark and gritty world! Let's also stop the fantasy magic bullshit. We don't need any shields or weapons with flashy runes/glows or such. Darker and grittier world! And finally, let's stop the maps bullshit. We don't need any fluffy dream/parallel dimensions or such. Darkest and grittiest world ever!!!

/s

Seriously, what do we really know about the seraph? Absolutely nothing, aside that they seem to like glowing feathers. Perhaps they are or serve the "Master" Doryani awoke. Perhaps they exist in the reality outside this "illusion" of a world. Perhaps they are connected to the Rapture Device and the Cataclysm. Who knows, we might even be fighting seraph in Act 4, and find out that they pulled a Matrix and keep humanity enslaved in an illusionary world to harvest them, and Dominus got this shit figured out and tried to do something against it.

Who are you to say that the seraph don't fit into PoE, aside from an ordinary player that has absolutely no idea what GGG has in mind for the game in the years to come (like pretty much everyone else)?

And for the record, there are ways glowing and/or feathery wings would fit into PoE's art style.
Spoiler

On a tangential rant: the connotation of "fairy tale" with "child like" or "light hearted" is stupid. Anyone ever read the original (not disney-fied) version of Grimm's Fairy Tales? Or the tales from Hans Christian Andersen? There's some seriously fucked up dark shit going on in those stories (including, but not limited to: rape, murder, torture, and dismemberment). In their original versions, most of them are definitively not suited for children without supervision.
Build of the 3 Month? Yay

and where is maaaa lightning ball?

and stop this girl-wings. We want cruel and scary looking things... all this seraph stuff... what's next? Glowing Elf ears effect?
Last edited by MoldyFruit on Apr 28, 2014, 12:10:30 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Substantially making me say... let's see ya at 1.1.4 ...
the new unique items better be well-made this time, been a shit long time since we had well designed uniques

well.. the last really good designed unique is:

powerful, build opening, augmenting

sadly after that all we got were insta-RMT (mjolnr) or insta-vendor (with crazy-weird-but-without-known-use variant)
Please make any purchasable effect (like these wings) with lots of flashy/bright colors RIDICULOUSLY expensive so that we won't see a flood of them all over the place.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
On an unrelated note, it's quite likely that Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 3 will be posted tomorrow.

"Hi, I'm Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games and next patch we will nerf this build into the ground"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info