Multistrike vs Minion Damage

So it's important to use faster attacks together with multistrike if we decide to use multistrike? Is this a correct assumption.
"
Hercanic wrote:

Hm? I don't understand why you're comparing them that way. Your third stage just flips what you did in the second stage, so of course they'd come out proportional. When you add Multistrike, it doubles whatever you've got.

Multistrike without IAS deals 200, compared to 600 with IAS. 600/200 = 3 times the damage.

1 = Baseline
2 = MS
3 = IAS
6 = IAS + MS

A MORE multiplier benefits from INCREASE and additional MORE multipliers.

CASE A: Is IAS irrelevant to a MORE multipler?

100 damage
1.0 attack speed

--------------
Example M (for Multiply!)
--------------
100% MORE attack speed from Multistrike
200% INCREASED attack speed from Example

~~ vs. ~~

--------------
Example L (for Lonely!)
--------------
300% MORE attack speed from Vaal Multistrike, introduced in Patch 6.6.6
0% INCREASED attack speed because we be poor

~~ vs. ~~

--------------
Example I (for Increase!)
--------------
0% MORE attack speed, because, f*ck Multistrike!
100% INCREASED attack speed from Vaal Haste aura, introduced in Patch 1.3.3.7
200% INCREASED attack speed from Being Awesome passive

~~ PREDICTION ~~
Example M will beat Example L and I. Example L and I will be the same.

~~ LET'S CALCULATE! ~~

6.0 Example M attack speed = 1 * 2 * 3
4.0 Example L attack speed = 1 * 4
4.0 Example I attack speed = 1 * (1 + 1 + 2)

600 Example M DPS = 100 * 6
400 Example L DPS = 100 * 4
400 Example I DPS = 100 * 4

~~ VERDICT ~~
Example M wins by 50%. If you drop IAS down to 100% instead of 200%, Example M only wins by 33% (4 vs 3). If you raise it by another 100% (300% total), Example M wins by 60% (8 vs 5). Add another 100% (10 vs 6) and Example M wins by 66%. So as IAS increases, the disparity becomes greater, since Example M is doubling whatever we add (+2 vs +1).

IAS is relevant to a MORE multiplier. It is other IAS that are irrelevant to IAS, because they are additive.

cuz I'm trying to show ias and ms aren't some magically synergy that exponentially increase each others' effectiveness (which is what saying they need to be used together implies). no matter what your base aps or ias are, 100% more is always double dps, whether you had 0 ias or 5000

all your calculations here show is your last line, that more is never subject to diminishing returns, whereas increased are subject to linear returns. except we're not comparing 300% more + 0% ias and 100% more + 200% ias...you're changing 2 numbers here when one of them (ms) is a constant. we're comparing 100% more with x% ias

your calculations would've been relevant for something like IIR and IIQ, where both values can be variable

"
kompaniet wrote:
So it's important to use faster attacks together with multistrike if we decide to use multistrike? Is this a correct assumption.

no. that's some dumb rumor. ms is always good, regardless of ias. FA is better the less ias you have, due to linear returns of increased modifiers

actually lemme edit my calculation post to make it clearer...

oh actually nevermind, I remember how the rumor started now. .........I think I was the one who started it actually...or at least perpetuated it

for melees, you don't want ms without high ias because of the repeat 2 times locking you in place. using ms without high ias is how tons of noobs back in the day constantly QQed about dom being impossible for melee, cuz of course, they're stuck in a longass multistrike attack animation, and can't get away from touch of god in time

it was never meant to imply that ms would somehow lose out on dps if it was used without high ias, only that mobility is important for survival. and standing there with a 3 second long double strike when vaal/dom can slam dunk you at any moment is a really bad idea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info