Any1 else think micro-transactions vs content is unbalanced

I don't think there are enough MTX

they really need some more variety, armor dyes anyone?

honestly the game has enough content, I'd be happier if they just started working on PoE 2 or whatever and just made occasional balance updates

Act 3 is too long in my opinion as it is...
S L O W E R
probably my bad because im one of those QQer crying about not enough Microsactions.
Blame me. dont balme ggg
"
tinko92 wrote:
The catch is... players would rather see current content being worked on rather than getting new stuff which is sub-par in 80%+ cases.

GGG keeps implementing new stuff, which often gets changed in a week or couple of weeks.

New skills being added while more than half of them suck big time, just no...

More than half? List them. If not, you're a liar.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

More than half? List them. If not, you're a liar.

By suck, I mean that they suck compared to the other skills. Overall doesn't matter, there are handful of skills that suck overall.
There are also handful of skills that are better than any others, and all those others suck compared to them.
Or, if you want to nitpick, I'll reform suck into clearly worse than some or clearly less efficient than some.

And that is precisely the reason why 90%+ of the high level characters using those handful of better skills, such as: LA, SA, Reave, Cyclone, Double Strike, Power Siphon and Spectral Throw. (might have missed some, Flameblast since the new leagues?)
Nevertheless, less than 10 skills are being used in top levels doing top content.

But that's it, others actually suck compared to them, sure, you may use them for the likings, but you're gimping yourself intentionally, and I don't care about that.

Which means, if top guys are doing top content with those skills, using those skills in 70+ levels is also going to be more efficient.

Examples:
You may use EA, and you're doing fine, but if you'd use LA, you'd be doing a lot better.
You may use Heavy Strike, but Double Strike is better, because Knockback is lowering efficiency by a lot, not to mention desync caused by it.
etc.

See now, there are a lot of skills, but handful is actually the best regarding efficiency, and therefore, better, but less fun if you prefer some other worse skill. And that's also irrelevant.
"
RagnarokX wrote:
Yeah, Gold, Exalted, Champion supporter Needs to defend his Money Investment, thats totally fine. Now, being objective about it ? A totally different matter.

anything lower than those doesnt count :( ?
im so mad.
Last edited by Tom1989 on Apr 25, 2014, 10:24:52 AM
"
Tom1989 wrote:
"
RagnarokX wrote:
Yeah, Gold, Exalted, Champion supporter Needs to defend his Money Investment, thats totally fine. Now, being objective about it ? A totally different matter.

anything lower than those doesnt count :( ?
im so mad.

I guess my lowly bronze support means NOTHING

I cry evertim
S L O W E R
"
RagnarokX wrote:

I actually wish there were more mtx.
"
tinko92 wrote:
The catch is... players would rather see current content being worked on rather than getting new stuff which is sub-par in 80%+ cases.

GGG keeps implementing new stuff, which often gets changed in a week or couple of weeks.

New skills being added while more than half of them suck big time, just no...

This is a fine concern and something you could make a thread about. However, microtransactions are completely separate from development - less microtransactions would not mean more content.

"
RagnarokX wrote:

Oh please. I've given money to games before that I later regretted. If PoE starts sucking I'll be the first to say so.
"
Bunnu wrote:

This is a fine concern and something you could make a thread about. However, microtransactions are completely separate from development - less microtransactions would not mean more content.

I agree, and that's why I haven't even mentioned microtransactions, but the game content, such as skills, items, etc.
Wow, this thread is still going. Let's break it down:

Total since 1.1.0 (including 1.1.0):
13 MTX items (though 1 is a reward and not available in the shop)
vs
131+ non MTX items:
60+ Bosses
26 Areas
20 Unique Items
20 Vaal Skill Gems
5 New Mechanics (Strongboxes, Checkpoints, Corrupted Zones, Vaal Orb, Sarn Arena)
2 Exiles
1 Monster
1 Skill Gem
1 Support Gem

If we remove 1.1.0 content:
9 MTX items (though 1 is a reward and not available in the shop)
vs
17 non MTX items:
7 Unique Items
3 Vaal Skill Gems
2 Bosses
2 Exiles
1 New Mechanic (Checkpoints)
1 Skill Gem
1 Support Gem

Clearly in favor of MTX content over actual game content. /sarcasm

The above lists also do not contain things like improved/new animations (ground slam, zombie death), added 3D art for uniques (and alternate art for race rewards), etc. If you think that MTX content is too high, then you either have blinders on or have yet to grasp the basics of counting. In case of the second, the Pointer Sisters can help with that.
Last edited by CycloneJack on Apr 25, 2014, 1:54:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info