Any1 else think micro-transactions vs content is unbalanced

"
RagnarokX wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

I think you overestimate your experience with coding.
But still, if it's that easy to do those things, then it must also be very simple to create MTX's. Kind of invalidates your argument either way :-/

No, i dont. I code myself. Everything we see but the Apex is an ALTERATION of what is there. Its nothing new but Atziri and the corruption mechanic.

And you prove you dont know a thing about this. Modelling, wrapping and skinning stuff in 3d IS time-intensive. I know that because i do that, too (i tried tbh). It might be different here due to the scale of the model, but in general, its very difficult.

Surely you know that even changing existing models and stats is time consuming and often requires a tremendous amount of troubleshooting. Portraying it as an easy change is disingenuous at best...

Of course it's not as time consuming as creating something brand new.
Aren't most of the MTX's just making changes to already existing models/effects though?
Last edited by majesw on Apr 23, 2014, 2:38:27 PM
"
1Z3R0 wrote:
I notice that everyday it seems a new micro is coming out soon and i understand GGG has to get paid but when it gets this crazy like 100 micro to 1 content addition.

what ever happened to act 4? to busy making new micro-transactions?

u add corrupted zone but make it nearly impossible for endgame players to farm them.

u add new gems but dont fix the old shit ones that are already in the game.

i really dont know how the direction of this game turned around in such a bad way.

I find your lack of perspective disturbing.
Noblesse oblige
Agreed with this topic.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
I actually don't agree here, I think the majority of their content is focused on keeping the game balanced and running well, with the addition of items being added quite frequently. There is plenty more they could do for Micros, for example more armour auras, heaps of different skill skins, armour skins too etc.

It almost bugs me a little that they are quite slow to bring out armour auras and skins, there are plenty of skills I use that don't have a different look from the ones you could buy. I believe we are just too used to the rate at which they release content, now try and compare that with other games of the same genre.

Such other games can take months if not much longer. It's easy to be biased if you can't see what happens behind the scenes.
#NeverGoing90
"
"
1Z3R0 wrote:
"
Oh no, called me a fanboy.

There goes the laughter again.

lol your best char is like lvl 60 and you have a supporter pack worth more them most ppls cars if thats not fan boy i dont know what is

Your ignorance as to my extensive criticism of the game and GGG is excusable.

Amusing, but excusable.

Your failure at basic math? Not so much.

Cya.

lol dam dude you must be fun at parties.. oh wait do you even socialize?
agreed man GGG subpar content

mountains of mtx to choose from

clearly money hungry
Ya, because content is quicker to make than mtx. New content is released every 4 months. And even in between. It's laughable that someone could even think there's not enough new content.
Yeah, Gold, Exalted, Champion supporter Needs to defend his Money Investment, thats totally fine. Now, being objective about it ? A totally different matter.
Being objective about it, the rate of MTX versus the rate of new stuff in the game leans more toward "even" or "content." Adding a whole new fight into the game takes a hell of a lot more effort, for one. The number of gems created in that time frame rivals most MTX. Slurms doesn't care about his money investment; most people who support GGG just feel like they deserved the money, rather than needing whatever bullshit we could get with our coins.
The catch is... players would rather see current content being worked on rather than getting new stuff which is sub-par in 80%+ cases.

GGG keeps implementing new stuff, which often gets changed in a week or couple of weeks.

New skills being added while more than half of them suck big time, just no...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info