Frustration beacuse of no map drops

"
meloo55 wrote:
i wouldnt say its luck i have played 2 times passed lvl 80 and gotten them both in the 76-78 map pool from starting at the lvl 66 maps at start of leagues

are u rolling high quality or low ones with pack size / magic monsters?

hehe, sry man, dont mean to insult but that was funny :)
"
dealer13 wrote:

i told you, you want this to continue pm me. im not talking about your quality of life (feminists and homos think their life is great too),

lol

Dealer, you are not a normal person and should look for help :)

"
meloo55 wrote:
i wouldnt say its luck i have played 2 times passed lvl 80 and gotten them both in the 76-78 map pool from starting at the lvl 66 maps at start of leagues

are u rolling high quality or low ones with pack size / magic monsters?

I've gotten to 76-78 maps too. In fact, pretty much every 76-78 map (maps spawned from unique maps would be the exception ) must be able to trace their ancestry back to a 66 because it's not like non-66 maps tend to spawn outside of maps.

The point is that trying to sustain high maps is still far too much of an RNG-grind with too much variance. If you get unlucky you're suddenly out of high maps. If you're in the mid 90s you don't want to be doing anything but the highest level of maps because those are the only ones that give any bit of xp.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
dealer13 wrote:

i told you, you want this to continue pm me. im not talking about your quality of life (feminists and homos think their life is great too),

lol

Dealer, you are not a normal person and should look for help :)

ok.

"
UnderOmerta wrote:
The point is that trying to sustain high maps is still far too much of an RNG-grind with too much variance. If you get unlucky you're suddenly out of high maps. If you're in the mid 90s you don't want to be doing anything but the highest level of maps because those are the only ones that give any bit of xp.

its rng yes. but rng means that you will eventualy start running out of maps however, at the same time you will get extremely lucky i.e. getting 6 77 maps in necropolis like it once happened to me when i was still researching things and ran it with +62iiq only. eventualy your map pool will start growing and the unfortunate moments wont hurt you much because you will have a solid backup

"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
dealer13 wrote:

its rng yes. but rng means that you will eventualy start running out of maps however, at the same time you will get extremely lucky i.e. getting 6 77 maps in necropolis like it once happened to me when i was still researching things and ran it with +62iiq only. eventualy your map pool will start growing and the unfortunate moments wont hurt you much because you will have a solid backup

Sadly, the odds of gaining more maps are far less, than the odds to gain nothing (when it comes to level 75+ maps), so, unless you're extremely lucky all the time, your highlevel map pool will shrink over long periods, if you run only highlevel maps. And usually, it shrinks rapidly.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Sadly, the odds of gaining more maps are far less, than the odds to gain nothing (when it comes to level 75+ maps), so, unless you're extremely lucky all the time, your highlevel map pool will shrink over long periods, if you run only highlevel maps. And usually, it shrinks rapidly.

idk, been doing only 77-78 ones for the last two weeks and their quantity in my stash is growing, not shrinking. and yes there were moments when i did 5-7 78s with 100+iiq in a row and wasnt getting a single map not even 66s.
though i bought like 5 77s when i was just starting because i was experimenting a lot and because of that i was losing maps rapidly because of bad mod combos. it paid of 200fold in the end though

"
dealer13 wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

idk, been doing only 77-78 ones for the last two weeks and their quantity in my stash is growing, not shrinking. and yes there were moments when i did 5-7 78s with 100+iiq in a row and wasnt getting a single map not even 66s.
though i bought like 5 77s when i was just starting because i was experimenting a lot and because of that i was losing maps rapidly because of bad mod combos. it paid of 200fold in the end though

If this was the case for everyone, those maps would have cost off several chaos orbs, not several exalteds. They're worth exalteds ONLY because they drop so rarely!
And that's why we need to spend so much currency to reroll them - just because their droprates are so bad (=price is so high), that it's worth spending many chaos orbs to improve your odds a bit.
Over long enough period, you start to lose map pool, one map after one.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 24, 2014, 9:41:48 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

If this was the case for everyone, those maps would have cost off several chaos orbs, not several exalteds. They're worth exalteds ONLY because they drop so rarely!
And that's why we need to spend so much currency to reroll them - just because their droprates are so bad (=price is so high), that it's worth spending many chaos orbs to improve your odds a bit.
Over long enough period, you start to lose map pool, one map after one.

i have leveled probly like 7 maybe 9 chars since ob and the only times when i was losing map pool is when their drop rates were really abysmal back in those days. the odds of getting 75+ maps novadays is just extremely high compared to actual nonsense that it was back then

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
which is getting 6 maps +2 lvl in one map....

i said i got extremely lucky then and it was the only moment when this happened to me ever. read what is written and not what you want
Last edited by dealer13 on Apr 24, 2014, 9:54:53 AM
"
dealer13 wrote:

I have played this game for a long time, maps 95% of the time, so many many many maps, with so many people and i never ever got in one map 6 maps +2 lvl, nor did any of my friends, any of the people i know, nor there was 1 video recorded of something like that.....

So i ll be extremely generous here and not call you a liar, which i think you are, lol, i ll just say that this kind of miracle maybe happens once in 1,000,000,000 maps played....

But anyway, i am grateful that you discovered us your secret of sustaining map pool lvl 75+, which is getting 6 maps +2 lvl in one map....

If it wouldnt be to much of a hassle for you, could you write a guide pls so rest of us noobs with few thousands of hours in mapping could catch a break?

Ty in advance
"
dealer13 wrote:

i have leveled probly like 7 maybe 9 chars since ob and the only times when i was losing map pool is when their drop rates were really abysmal back in those days. the odds of getting 75+ maps novadays is just extremely high compared to actual nonsense that it was back then

So you erased all your other characters?

Why if i may ask?

Also map drop rates were not changed from open beta afaik, there were only 2 changes ,removing maze mod and increasing chance for map drop closer to lvl what you are doing, so you wouldnt get lvl 66 map in lvl 78 map, but even that wasnt that big of a deal.
Last edited by BoondockSaint on Apr 24, 2014, 9:57:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info