[Official] WINE info thread

"
Drakier wrote:
I have no idea if the d3dx11 stuff is needed at all, or if it was just the d3dx9_43 that did it.

I'll install d3dx9_43 and see if it makes any subjective difference over the next few days.

I tried the -nosound switch and it did not help.

Again, I'm on ATI so Nvidia fixes sadly won't work for us ATI users most of the time.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:
I have no idea if the d3dx11 stuff is needed at all, or if it was just the d3dx9_43 that did it.

I'll install d3dx9_43 and see if it makes any subjective difference over the next few days.

Whether it helped a little remains to be seen, but I installed d3dx9_43 and I'm still stuttering on new spell assets loading. Just FYI.

Guess I could try DX11..... why, I'm not sure though. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 18, 2013, 6:55:53 PM
nvm
Last edited by varemenos on Feb 19, 2013, 12:36:19 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
n0rg wrote:
Strange, i updated to wine 1.5.24 and still got the freezes :/

Did you remember to re-apply the openal fix?

1.5.24 only fixes the memory leak.

you're right, i had to re-apply the openal fix :/
now i need to get sound working again
Thanks for the great step-by-step guide, Sovyn! I followed all steps but I get an error while trying to run the game. It says:

"
[02/19/13 02:16:34] - Running wine-1.5.24 Client.exe (Working directory : /home/bennyplayboy/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Path_of_Exile/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile)
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"WLDAP32.dll": libldap_r-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:import_dll Loading library WLDAP32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\Client.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\Client.exe" failed, status c0000135

Any help would be really appreciated.
"
BennyPlayboy wrote:
Thanks for the great step-by-step guide, Sovyn! I followed all steps but I get an error while trying to run the game. It says:

"
[02/19/13 02:16:34] - Running wine-1.5.24 Client.exe (Working directory : /home/bennyplayboy/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Path_of_Exile/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile)
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"WLDAP32.dll": libldap_r-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:import_dll Loading library WLDAP32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\Client.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Grinding Gear Games\\Path of Exile\\Client.exe" failed, status c0000135

Any help would be really appreciated.

I'm not sure which distro you are using (next time include that in a support request so people can help more easily)

do you have libldap-2.4-2:i386 installed?
The sound with the openal fix (override openal) helps with the freezes but now the sound is stuttering a little bit and sounds not perfect. Any idea how i can fix this, too?

And i found out that i can get the font issue when i'm installing more then:

winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010 usp10

I tried winetricks d3dcompiler_43 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_42 dotnet20 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010 and i got the font corruption. I didn't tried much more but maybe this helps some of you here
Last edited by n0rg on Feb 19, 2013, 1:49:37 PM
"
n0rg wrote:

I tried winetricks d3dcompiler_43 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_42 dotnet20 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010 and i got the font corruption. I didn't tried much more but maybe this helps some of you here

So what you're saying is... I should run winetricks --gui and just check every box and let it install absolutely everything... then attempt to narrow down what is causing the problem? *grins*

I'm just teasing. I wonder if there is something with the d3dx9_42 that is different. A prior post said that the setup.msi installs the d3dx9_42 and some other stuff based on the overrides list.. I didn't install d3dx9_42, but instead used 43 and I do not have the font issue. It would be interesting to see if installing _42 and removing _43 causes the font issue to come back.

I really need to make a backup of my prefix and just keep re-copying it after trying more stuff to see if I can narrow down both the font issue as well as the performance issue. I still don't think my performance was quite were it used to be, but it's certainly better than it was.
"
Drakier wrote:

I now can confirm that neither d3dx11_43 nor d3dx9_43 improve performance on ATI / AMD cards.
I did some tests and it's either d3dcompiler_43 or d3dx9_42 that's causing the font bug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info