[Official] WINE info thread

I have done every step like in your tutorial and guess what, it works!

installed riched20

Looks better, I had no idea it was broken! Thanks julus.
Last edited by ionface on Feb 18, 2013, 12:28:31 AM
Oddly enough, I tried following the step by step and it worked!!

I think one thing I did differently before (besides usp10) was I ran the setup.msi when I re-created my prefix, rather than just copying the files over. So perhaps there is something in the setup of the DirectX stuff with the msi that causes issues.

When I did NOT run the setup, and just copied the files as the walkthrough suggested, it is now working perfectly (I also didn't install usp10).

I installed usp10 again using the winetricks to see if it would have any affect on the font issue and it had no effect. I also installed riched20 because I like the fixed launcher... also had no effect on the fonts.

So to sum up my experience... I followed the guide step by step then installed usp10 and riched20 and have no font issues. Only thing I can see that I did differently this time vs other times is I did not install PoE through the msi setup, but rather copied it as the walkthrough suggests, leading me to believe it is the dxsetup or something with the msi setup causing the problem.
Am I the only one that had his virtual drive installation broken due to installing riched20?
Strange, i updated to wine 1.5.24 and still got the freezes :/
"
n0rg wrote:
Strange, i updated to wine 1.5.24 and still got the freezes :/
possibly they are related to something else?
Well I tried 1.5.6 and didn't get the freezes (at least for the time i was playing).
I also have a friend who has the same system (Gentoo, Nvidia Binary) and also complains about the freezes.
What commit was the fix in 1.5.24?
Or do I need to run the winetricks vcrun,d9,usp10 stuff again?
Oh for everyone with the text glitch problem, try updating your microcode if you haven't, my problem went away after I did a CPU and BIOS upgrade. I use an Intel i7 processor and microcode-ctl which loads the microcode at boot. I use the latest microcode.dat, 20120606-​v2 from 10/1/2012.
Last edited by ionface on Feb 18, 2013, 5:38:53 AM
"
ionface wrote:
Oh for everyone with the text glitch problem, try updating your microcode if you haven't, my problem went away after I did a CPU and BIOS upgrade. I use an Intel i7 processor and microcode-ctl which loads the microcode at boot. I use the latest microcode.dat, 20120606-​v2 from 10/1/2012.

Little bit overkill, when only thing needed, is NOT to install the game, but copy it... (setup.msi corrupts the fonts)
"
n0rg wrote:
Well I tried 1.5.6 and didn't get the freezes (at least for the time i was playing).
I also have a friend who has the same system (Gentoo, Nvidia Binary) and also complains about the freezes.
What commit was the fix in 1.5.24?
Or do I need to run the winetricks vcrun,d9,usp10 stuff again?

commits
237ed21737de24fb7f0a508eb87b3c7937164258
c8b5a16f0c2177746d6d4358f319f5e1e0f93234

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info