[Official] WINE info thread

"
out of curiosity, is anyone here able to ctrl+click to purchase from vendors?

I think this is not possible even on windows systems.
Last edited by Psycho7765 on Feb 12, 2013, 1:20:11 PM
"
Psycho7765 wrote:
"
out of curiosity, is anyone here able to ctrl+click to purchase from vendors?

I think this is not possible even on windows systems.

I can CTRL+Click to sell, but cannot CTRL+Click to purchase. I was hoping that would be changed soon since buying a lot of a specific item is a pain with the click, drag, click stuff, and not being able to stack the purchased items.

I had to purchase a bunch of Portal scrolls last night, and had to fill my inventory with 1 scroll at a time, then stack them 1 scroll at a time. Very annoying. I also started by trying to drag a scroll from the vendor and place it on the stack I already had of 10, and it refused obviously, so I had to drag it again to an open inventory space.
I stand corrected. relevant petition to add this functionality has been signed.
"
discomfitor wrote:
I stand corrected. relevant petition to add this functionality has been signed.

oooh.. where's that?!
I've been thinking about the boss lag some more..

It can't be an issue with loading assets, since if you or your team have the exact same spells and have been using them before finding the boss, the assets should be loaded.

Furthermore, if it were an asset loading issue, then you would see lag the first time you saw or used any spells.

I think that it's a verbose logging issue. It would make sense to have more aggressive logging on mini/bosses to help tune those fights.

Strangely, the logging itself is causing deaths, which will completely screw with tuning. =p
"
spiralofhope wrote:
I've been thinking about the boss lag some more..

It can't be an issue with loading assets, since if you or your team have the exact same spells and have been using them before finding the boss, the assets should be loaded.

Furthermore, if it were an asset loading issue, then you would see lag the first time you saw or used any spells.

I think that it's a verbose logging issue. It would make sense to have more aggressive logging on mini/bosses to help tune those fights.

Strangely, the logging itself is causing deaths, which will completely screw with tuning. =p

It still can be assets... Don't forget, that assets may get discarded from memory, as they are not used for longer time.
"
julus wrote:
"
spiralofhope wrote:
It can't be an issue with loading assets...

It still can be assets... Don't forget, that assets may get discarded from memory, as they are not used for longer time.

You have a point.

I checked the Common Technical Problems thread and it says:

"

We're still working on preloading some effects, so you should cast skills like Summon Skeletons that have load-intensive effects before you enter combat. All monster effects will be preloaded in future.

If you have regular framerate spikes, every 2 seconds, then you’ll need to updated your graphics card drivers and adjust your driver settings.

"
haplo602 wrote:
"
Purple__Haze wrote:
Okay, doesn't work for me:

AMD A8-3850 (4 cores @ 2.9 GHz) with Radeon HD 6550D graphics
8GB RAM, 4TB HD
Kubuntu 12.10 x86_64
Wine 1.4

osmesa is installed

d3dx9_43(native)
openal32(native, builtin)

On clicking "Play" the client dies with:

Exception
Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not available.

I have read this thread in its entirety, suggestions?

fglrx ? because APUs don't work with OSS drivers afaik (might be wrong).

I had the AMD supplied Catalyst drivers installed not the OSS ones, but adding fglrx worked! Thank you.
"
spiralofhope wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
spiralofhope wrote:
It can't be an issue with loading assets...

You have a point.

I checked the Common Technical Problems thread and it says:

"

We're still working on preloading some effects, so you should cast skills like Summon Skeletons that have load-intensive effects before you enter combat. All monster effects will be preloaded in future.

If you have regular framerate spikes, every 2 seconds, then you’ll need to updated your graphics card drivers and adjust your driver settings.

That's a factor, but if Windows users experienced the lag we are they would be yelling bloody murder. So, there is something else at play combined with that. Possibly some efficiency is lost in the graphics driver and/or Wine.
"
Sovyn wrote:
That's a factor, but if Windows users experienced the lag we are they would be yelling bloody murder. So, there is something else at play combined with that. Possibly some efficiency is lost in the graphics driver and/or Wine.

I wonder if it is specifically an ATI issue or something. I get no problems with lag like that. I'm using the nvidia drivers distributed through my debian sid updates. I also frequently have high FPS ranging in the 110-130 range in many cases where in town it's around 70.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info