[Official] WINE info thread

"
Dan1lo wrote:
These experimental patches put us in a point where we're actually playing smoother than people on Windows.

I have no doubt, but I don't have the hardware to test and document it.

I would not say it's better (have not played on Windows for years tho), but seeing streamers playing the game it looks like the performance is 99% similar.
"
sirdond wrote:
"
Dan1lo wrote:
These experimental patches put us in a point where we're actually playing smoother than people on Windows.

I would not say it's better (have not played on Windows for years tho), but seeing streamers playing the game it looks like the performance is 99% similar.

Judging from FastAF videos (on youtube), notice how the FPS has dips and there's a bunch of (terrain) texture popping. From what we've seen, these effects are highly mitigated. Anyways, I'm happy we all can be happy :D
"
Dan1lo wrote:
"
sirdond wrote:
"
Dan1lo wrote:

Judging from FastAF videos (on youtube), notice how the FPS has dips and there's a bunch of (terrain) texture popping. From what we've seen, these effects are highly mitigated. Anyways, I'm happy we all can be happy :D

Yeah, I'm not complaining either :)
Let's hope performance stays like this for a really long time!
Its actually like playing a totally different game now.

Proton experimental with radv is butter smooth now!

Now only wine-tkg has to implement the right patches from the valve branch. Anyone figured out why exactly the experimental branch of proton does so much better than anything else? I dont have enough development knowledge but the 3 winevulkan patches from Jan 18, 2021 in the proton experimental branch look like they might be it?
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Last edited by kalktresor on Feb 15, 2021, 10:02:19 AM
Late to test, but Proton Glorious Eggroll version 6.1-GE-2 has brought the magic to non-steam.
"
Late to test, but Proton Glorious Eggroll version 6.1-GE-2 has brought the magic to non-steam.

Just tried and, OMG! It's better than my windows, it's really better. I can't believe.

With proton 5 I got like 2fps when opening a ritual, but with proton 6 it's more than 40fps when the screen is really full.

If not for the macros and path of building I was thinking in switch to game in my linux.
"
alcaitiff wrote:
"

Just tried and, OMG! It's better than my windows, it's really better. I can't believe.

With proton 5 I got like 2fps when opening a ritual, but with proton 6 it's more than 40fps when the screen is really full.

If not for the macros and path of building I was thinking in switch to game in my linux.

PoB also works for a very long time now.
I don't use macros, so can't comment about that.
Oh thank god someone bumped this. I'd been having trouble since the start of the league, and using proton experimental instead of my local wine install helped massively.

I'm curious what PoE is doing so horribly wrong.
Украина в моём сердце
"
alcaitiff wrote:
"

I have managed to use PoB using Lutris. Add the exe as a game, and run it from the launcher.
For me proton-ge-custom-bin-6.4_GE_1-1-x86_64 on arch brings back the old stutter, longer loading times and fps dips. Be aware before you upgrade.

radv (aco) running on a rx580 + 3800x runs still smooth as silk on proton-ge-custom-bin-6.1_GE_2-1
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info