[Official] WINE info thread

Thanks for your reply.
My GPU is a 1070, 375.66

I did install all the libraries, no luck. still same error as before. I even tried them one by one not to miss the one which did the trick.
I do get a sound of something falling before it crashes.

The spoiler below was fixed by simply restarting my computer. *sigh*

Spoiler
Just updated the game to the latest patch, and of course, now it won't launch. >.<

Here's the console output:

Spoiler
"
dave@dave-P6xxRx:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile$ wine PathOfExile.exe
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.8 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init The GLSL shader backend has been disabled. You get to keep all the pieces if it breaks.
fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)
fixme:heap:GetPhysicallyInstalledSystemMemory stub: 0x32fd18
fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!
fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0xf72e282c, 0x149d70, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, (nil), 0x00000000
fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0xf72e282c
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 0 0x32fdb0 4 stub
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x3a3e9a8 (nil)): stub
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x59ee9a8 (nil)): stub
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 812
Current serial number in output stream: 813

Any tips?
Last edited by kneeki on Jun 3, 2017, 10:14:48 PM
Has anyone tried playing the game with a GCN 1.0 card lately?
Nobody else has tried the beta in Wine yet?

I installed the beta into a fresh 64-bit Wine prefix, using Wine 2.9, and when I start it up, I get an error dialog saying "Failed to create WIC Factory". When I dismiss it, I get a series of errors of the form:

"X": Reference count for loaded resource X is Y

...where X and Y are "FONTDFPHeiMedium-B5-POE&Art/2DArt/Fonts/DFPT_B5_POE.ttf" and 66, or "FONTSimsun&" and 1, or "FONTMinglu&" and 1, or "FONTGulim&" and 1, etc. and then it crashes.

Apparently "WIC" may be the "Windows Imaging Component", but installing "windowscodecs" with winetricks didn't help.

FAKE EDIT: I ran winecfg and bumped the reported Windows version from Server 2008 to 7, and then after all the crashing I got a new dialog, offering Direct3D 9 instead of Direct3D 11.

I accepted the offer, and then it booted up neatly. Unfortunately, with "post-processing" enabled, the character-selection screen was almost entirely blue, but when I turned that off, it looked fine, and I can turn it back on when I'm in the game and it still looks good.

REAL EDIT: I tried the registry change ("MaxVersionGL") and installing DirectX 11 related things with winetricks, but no dice; Direct3D9Ex is still the best working option.
Last edited by Thristian on Jun 8, 2017, 4:20:59 AM
also in beta here,

same errors when trying to boot into DX11, DX9 is working.
OK, I take it back.

DirectX 9 and 9Ex kind of work... for a zone or two. For example, I got from the Shipwreck Graveyard to the cave with the Allflame, but returning to Shipwreck Graveyard hung at the loading screen. I had to Alt-F4 and restart the game to continue. Then I got all the way through Cavern of Anger and Cavern of Wrath to Merveil's Cavern, but hung at the loading screen for Southern Forest. Restart, played through Southern Forest and got to Forest Encampment, hung at the loading screen for The Old Fields.

I feel sure I would have noticed this regular two-zone-then-hang pattern when I first got the game working a few days ago, but who knows.
I'm trying to get POE working but am encountering a "shader model 3 must be supported" error.

I'm using PoL and have tried various wine versions without success.

(K)Ubuntu 17.04, RX480 Mesa

Any help is appreciated!
"
Since installing POE on my new rig I haven't been able to get audio working. On Arch linux, tried using both ALSA and Pulseaudio - the in-game Sound tab shows the "Device" as "NoSound Driver". Anybody have any idea on how to get this working? Running on PlayonLinux using Wine 1.9.24 with the riched20 and vcrun winetricks modifications.

So I eventually solved this problem, and want to document the solution here in case anybody else encounters it. There are two big problems for audio on Arch that I found:

1. If you're using PulseAudio, POE can throw an error that looks like this:

"ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:*:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave"

You'll find this error in your PlayOnLinux log, and it will make your client unable to play sounds. The solution is to install the pulseaudio-alsa package on Arch, which will allow your client to communicate directly to ALSA. This is documented here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio#ALSA

2. POE can show this error message on the Sound Options screen:

"Failed to initialise sound driver"

At least on my setup this was solved by using the -swa (software audio) flag when launching POE. As a side note, it only worked after relaunching a couple times for some reason.
"
Thristian wrote:
OK, I take it back.

DirectX 9 and 9Ex kind of work... for a zone or two. For example, I got from the Shipwreck Graveyard to the cave with the Allflame, but returning to Shipwreck Graveyard hung at the loading screen. I had to Alt-F4 and restart the game to continue. Then I got all the way through Cavern of Anger and Cavern of Wrath to Merveil's Cavern, but hung at the loading screen for Southern Forest. Restart, played through Southern Forest and got to Forest Encampment, hung at the loading screen for The Old Fields.

I feel sure I would have noticed this regular two-zone-then-hang pattern when I first got the game working a few days ago, but who knows.

I have the same problem in 3.0 beta, the games tends to freeze on loading screens. No idea what to do about that so far. I hope it gets better when 3.0 is released, because at the moment it's unplayable

Update:
I still had the --noasync flag on, after I removed it the problem didn't occur anymore.

Summary:
PoE 3.0 (no startup flags)
wine-2.12 (Staging) with Gallium Nine enabled (with an AMG GPU)

Seems to be very stable right now

Last edited by ara_ on Jul 23, 2017, 8:47:47 AM
Does anyone know how to stop PoE installing a load of files in the root of my Home directory?

I get bink...dll files in there Client.exe etc.

I definitely don't install it there, I have a wineprefix setup and the installer points there.

I'm using Wine staging.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info