[Official] WINE info thread

Hi.

I installed this game on my Macbook air today via Wine.

However, Im lagging like hell when spells are casted. Any fix? Dropping to freeze mode most of the time.

Im happy for any help!
So how is 2.6.0 going for everyone? I'm thinking of trying again on Linux.

Any new configs I should be doing before I try again?
Hey there guys, is anyone of you aware of a solution for the d3DERR_NOT_AVAILABLE problem?

I get this error when I try to start the game, though I can go through the log in and the character select.
I am on Fedora 25, and I am using POL, Wine version 1.7.55.

Thanks in advice
"
im_bored wrote:
I've got a pretty decent rig, but I was still getting that stuttering that seemed to be linked to asset loading like the other folks.

the flag --noasync pretty much fixed that. That's the only flag I'm running, no -gc 1 or -gc 100 so maybe it'll help someone else.

My rig is pretty overpowered for POE though, I never had any other FPS drops:
* i5-4690k
* 780ti

--- got the idea from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nfcgl/psa_how_to_turn_off_the_background_loading/

I tried --noasync yesterday and after a while, my toon's texture was randomly missing. Only the effect around him was visible (http://hpics.li/8bc6e7a).

I'm now trying with 'nice wine PathOfExile.exe -gc 100'. Next test will be setarch -3 wine...

Using wine 2.3 (GIT snapshots)

Performance is really good, but what kills the game for me is (video?) memory leak... I can basically change only few zones and than game crashes on me. If I keep farming Dried Lake, I can last much longer.

Anybody else having such symptoms?

Antergos + mesa-git + wine-gallium 2.3-1 + RX480 + 4.9-4.10 kernel
I play PoE on Archlinux with a Radeon R9 390x.
The game runs alright with bad frame drops when I engage big packs.
The main problem I have though is that after a while (usually 30 min-1 hour) I get texture glitches and missing letters in item tooltips and the help text on loading screens.
If I then continue playing for more than ~2 zones, the game crashes.

The stacktrace usually contains some d3d9.so - I assume the GPU/graphics driver is at fault.
I had the same problems with a different GPU of the same model, so I don't think its faulty.

I tried:
- the GGG client version and the steam version
- several Wine versions (no very old ones, mostly 2.2-staging and 2.3-staging)
- with and without -gc 100
- with and without --noasync

Does anyone have any ideas what I could try else?

@Ixxxo: seems like we have similar problems
"
ara_ wrote:
The main problem I have though is that after a while (usually 30 min-1 hour) I get texture glitches and missing letters in item tooltips and the help text on loading screens.
If I then continue playing for more than ~2 zones, the game crashes.

@Ixxxo: seems like we have similar problems

This is very same symptom (missing letters and glitching textures), it's just much faster in my case... with gc -100 I can last up to 20 mins usually, now trying withoug 'gc' at all and performance is same but time_to_crash is now longer (up to 1h, but it really is about how many zones you load into memory, not how long you play in my case).
"
ixxxo wrote:
Performance is really good, but what kills the game for me is (video?) memory leak... I can basically change only few zones and than game crashes on me. If I keep farming Dried Lake, I can last much longer.

Anybody else having such symptoms?

Antergos + mesa-git + wine-gallium 2.3-1 + RX480 + 4.9-4.10 kernel

I got the same problem. After about 8 zones the game is a stutter fest.

I suspect it is the same/similar leak you are experiencing.
"
BitterBiped wrote:

I got the same problem. After about 8 zones the game is a stutter fest.

I suspect it is the same/similar leak you are experiencing.

The worst thing is that soon after the graphic bugs start appearing, the game crashes.
So even if I could deal with unreadable item names and a glitched minimap, I have to restart the game all the time.
Since installing POE on my new rig I haven't been able to get audio working. On Arch linux, tried using both ALSA and Pulseaudio - the in-game Sound tab shows the "Device" as "NoSound Driver". Anybody have any idea on how to get this working? Running on PlayonLinux using Wine 1.9.24 with the riched20 and vcrun winetricks modifications.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info