[Official] WINE info thread

"
Chances09 wrote:
I can get into game now, but whenever I load into Highgate my game crashes and I see this:

No problem here, tested Highgate extensively.
"
vitaminmoo wrote:
Sovyn - I followed your guide on Fedora 23, which worked (other than I used my old msi installer instead of downloading the new exe installer), and the game now runs. Unfortunately, sound does not work.

Got the Openal libraries? Luckily the game is perfectly playable without sound. I never have the sound on anyway (tho it does work).
"
I'm on Arch linux and unable to install Visual 2015 C++.

There's a script out there to jimmy the vcrun2015 but my guide on the wiki works perfectly. Try it if you can't make your way work. Tip: have to use an amd64 version wine now (1.9.4 tested) along with the latest winetricks on a fresh prefix before doing anything else to it.
I tried the guide but the installer keeps on complaining. I tried copy-install and fresh install same result.

I am also on ArchLinux 64 with a fresh 1.9.4 Wine version.

EDIT:

Looked at the Logfiles and could see it is also the missig libpng and lib32-libpng that caused the error, even when the error message spoke about missing vcrun
Last edited by ramirezterrix2 on Mar 2, 2016, 1:39:52 PM
"
I'm on Arch linux and unable to install Visual 2015 C++.

Running

winetricks vcrun2015

results in the following error message:
Spoiler
Executing w_do_call vcrun2015
Executing load_vcrun2015
Using native,builtin override for following DLLs: atl140 msvcp140 msvcr140 vcomp140
Executing winetricks_early_wine regedit C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
Executing wine vc_redist.x86.exe
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\users\\chris\\Temp\\{74d0e5db-b326-4dae-a6b2-445b9de1836e}\\", 00000000): stub
err:wincodecs:PngDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng12.so.0
fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
------------------------------------------------------
Note: command 'wine vc_redist.x86.exe' returned status 5. Aborting.
------------------------------------------------------

I'm using Wine version 1.9.4 with the most recent winetricks (20160219).
Attempting to run the .exe installer results in wine crashing. If anyone can post a link to the old .msi installer I'd be grateful, I wiped my old wine directory to get this patch working.

install (in arch not in playonlinux shell) both:
lib32-libpng12
and
libpng12

and you should be ok, after this i had no problem with installing vcrun15, im downloading the game now, will report later if the client works...

here You have "old" installer:
http://expirebox.com/download/90fb12427747574ff780d06886d542ed.html

EDIT:
ok its working for me on arch linux now,
but i had to do one more thing,
in regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> DllOverrides
i changed all *api-ms-win* to native,builtin

Last edited by HeniekHardkor on Mar 2, 2016, 8:42:42 AM
Hey Sovyn and other linux users,

I've got the game client running up until the login screen, but I'm running into issues after that. The login screen is black (no rain/poe logo, though the login button/information is there), there isn't any audio, any subsequent screens are black (like character selection, although I can see my characters but not the background), and it crashes whenever I try to zone into town, giving the following error message: http://i.imgur.com/9WNbTXT.jpg ("Unable to create Vertex shader. 003C73B94 Request audio format unsupported").

I've managed to get past the vc_redist issues by uninstalling and reinstalling according to your instructions on the wiki. My wine version is 1.9.4 (staging). My winecfg looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/NfQBK5y.jpg. The command using to run the game (in the properties of the Path of Exile icon) is /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "Path of Exile" %F

I tried changing the properties to usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "Path of Exile" --nosound %F (trying to run with nosound), but I still got the same error (I think thats how to run it with nosound, but I might not have done the nosound command correctly).

Anyone got any ideas/potential solutions? Tempted to wait for the patch later today/tomorrow before additional troubleshooting, but I have a feeling that it won't fix this particular problem.
Last edited by CabooseDog on Mar 2, 2016, 11:48:12 AM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Hey Sovyn and other linux users ...

My wine config->

*api-ms-win-crt-heap|1-1-0 (native, builtin)
*api-ms-win-crt-locale-|1-1-0 (native, builtin)
*api-ms-win-crt-math-|1-1-0.dll (native, builtin)
*api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0 (native, builtin)
*api-ms-win-crt-stdio-|1-1-0 (native, builtin)
*atl140 (native, builtin)
*msvcp140 (native, builtin)
*msvcr140 (native, builtin)
*riched20 (native, builtin)
*ucrtbase (native, builtin)
*usp10 (native, builtin)
*vcomp140 (native, builtin)
*vcruntime140 (native, builtin
openal32 (native)

Emulate virtual deskop on
GLSL Support disabled

Everything else default (other than vid memory specified)
<-

Did you run it fine before the update? Also, ATI or Nvidia? Try altering Offscreen rendering mode to Backbuffer, and putting GLSL support *on*. (see if that, either by themselves or together, makes a diff)

I also note that you have the vc*100 etc. installed so might want to try solely with the 2015 install, and nothing else.
The way you run it with --nosound is also correct, so it should be launching without sound.

I'd also try running it once with mmdevapi override set to Disabled, just to see if it makes any difference.
Last edited by Zethyri on Mar 2, 2016, 12:55:58 PM
Jesus Christ It actually worked. Thanks Sovyn for your detailed guide, keep up the good work!
Last edited by hungrymole on Mar 2, 2016, 2:53:07 PM
Sorry guys the install instructions don't work from the wiki anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/0Xiy7id.png

Winetricks does complain about

"
Note: command 'wine vc_redist.x86.exe /q' returned status 5. Aborting.

when running

"
winetricks -q vcrun2015 riched20 usp10

They had to go and fuck it all up, I got the game running but my FPS tanks to near 0 when ever there is movement on the screen, before the last patch I was happyly playing with 60+ fps

Any advice guys? I'm not installing windows just to play this game.

Edit, forgot to share informations on versions

Winetricks - 20160219
Wine - 1.9.4
PoL - 4.2.11-dev
Kernerl - 4.4.1-Arch
nvidia - 361.28-1
Last edited by Xiamen_ on Mar 2, 2016, 2:49:29 PM
"
Xiamen_ wrote:
Sorry guys the install instructions don't work from the wiki anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/0Xiy7id.png

Winetricks does complain about

"
Note: command 'wine vc_redist.x86.exe /q' returned status 5. Aborting.

when running

"
winetricks -q vcrun2015 riched20 usp10

They had to go and fuck it all up, I got the game running but my FPS tanks to near 0 when ever there is movement on the screen, before the last patch I was happyly playing with 60+ fps

Any advice guys? I'm not installing windows just to play this game.

Edit, forgot to share informations on versions

Winetricks - 20160219
Wine - 1.9.4
PoL - 4.2.11-dev
Kernerl - 4.4.1-Arch
nvidia - 361.28-1

Show me all logs from installing vcrun15 not only last line.
And i already wrote some instructions for this problem few posts earlier.
Last edited by HeniekHardkor on Mar 2, 2016, 3:08:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info