[Official] WINE info thread

I'm not sure about riched20, but if I remember correctly, usp10 used to fix a problem where certain text like item descriptions had weird symbols at the start or end of some lines. For example, "Evasion rating: 230[]" (with "[]" as a single character), that sort of stuff. It wasn't breaking anything, it was just annoying.

It's possible that installing usp10 isn't needed anymore because the problem stopped appearing, I don't know. If you don't see that stuff without usp10, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Linux Mint 17.3 64-bit , KDE Edition, PoE with Steam, 64 bit wine environment.

Success for me, more details here

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/138054/page/6#p12757603

(maybe I should have posted it here? let me know)
Hi!

I'm using Ubuntu Mate. POE client runs very good on my not so high end toaster.
But i have an issue: When I decide to windows tab switch ( for exsample I want to run Chromium while client running), PoE client continues to run in background and play music. Is it relate with the client or Ubuntu itself?

BTW why under Linux PoE updates much faster than Windows on the same machine? You can literally see the loading bar running like a rocket, while under Win8 (yeah I know it's 8) update a really really slow.
Would some kind soul be able to list the top level files and folders that PoE installs please?

I ran the the net installer from my home directory '~/' and it installed everything there!
How did you guys install PoE? What winetricks did you use?
I used the guide from the wiki, but use the newest wine.
It is running okayish, but not close to the Windows performance.

@Pandoran, the background sound can be deactivated in the sound options ;)

"
Blaiz0r wrote:
Would some kind soul be able to list the top level files and folders that PoE installs please?

I ran the the net installer from my home directory '~/' and it installed everything there!

avutil-ttv-51.dll libx264-128.dll steam_api.dll
Client.exe logs swresample-ttv-0.dll
_CommonRedist ogg.dll twitchsdk_32_release.dll
Content.ggpk OpenAL32.dll vorbis.dll
CrashUpload.exe PackCheck.exe vorbisfile.dll
HashCache.dat PathOfExile.exe wrap_oal.dll
libmfxsw32.dll Redist
libmp3lame-ttv.dll ShaderCache
Hi,

I installed the game with the wiki guide, I have AMD HD 7870 graphics cards and using fglrx-updates drivers. When I opened the game, I can login to gateaways, I see the UI but there is no graphics in the game all black. I entered to new character/class screen, when I click to nothing (black screen) I can choose between classes, I can see it on UI but graphics are total black. Any idea about it?

Edit : GLSL Support should be enabled. Problem fixed.
Critical Update, PoE 2.2 Ascendancy

Just thought you all should know that the GGG team was kind enough to provide me with Alpha access in order to have the Wine guide on the wiki ready to go for launch day. I was able to do extensive testing in order to ensure the game is running well under Wine. There have been substantial changes in the 2.2 Ascendancy client. Here is a link once again.
2.1.2d Patch

Call from 0x7b83b2fc to unimplemented function api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll._initialize_onexit_table, aborting
"
CookieTough2 wrote:
2.1.2d Patch

Call from 0x7b83b2fc to unimplemented function api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll._initialize_onexit_table, aborting

You need the latest winetricks to get around that. Here's the bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39437.

Once you update winetricks, force a reinstall of vcrun2015, like so:
"
winetricks --force -q vcrun2015

With that fix, I was able to get a little farther. The launcher runs and starts an error box saying:

"

We failed to install the redistributable package required for Path of Exile to run. You need to accept the box that appears when Windows asks for permission to run VC_redist.x86.exe.

On a possibly related note, I was unable to install riched20 via winetricks:

"

Downloading http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE to /home/brho/.cache/winetricks/win2ksp4
--2016-02-29 22:53:38-- http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE
Resolving download.microsoft.com... 104.97.125.119, 2001:428:4405:19d::e59, 2001:428:4405:1a1::e59
Connecting to download.microsoft.com|104.97.125.119|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2016-02-29 22:53:38 ERROR 404: Not Found.

However, I riched30 is available, and it has a dll named riched20, so it might be a suitable replacement.
The redist thing is from the patcher, it can likely be ignored assuming you have the required dlls. The riched thing can be bypassed by grabbing the file elsewhere and sticking it in the cache.

IIRC there is a switch to make it just run the game and not check for anything.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 29, 2016, 11:16:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info