[Official] WINE info thread

Does anyone else have crashes since today?
Yesterday I played PoE just fine, today I get a crash from just standing in Sarn Encampment. Tried to type /hideout as soon as I could, but I was a bit too slow.
Possibly it's file corruption on my side, but before I redownload I wanted to know if anyone else is having issues.
Wine 1.7.51.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
i have some issues with frequent high ping/freezes then after maybe around 10-20 sec it works fine using wine version 1.7.53

when i run the debugger i get an infinit spam of this
Spoiler
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makexloc (0x33e5d4 63 0x122722a0 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makewloc (0x33e5d4 63 0x122722a0 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makeushloc (0x33e5d4 63 0x122722a0 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33e5dc 63 ) semi-stub

Last edited by Eroyinga on Oct 20, 2015, 9:35:45 AM
Strange. Only happens in Sarn and Forest. In Sarn by just moving, in Forest Encampment by talking to an NPC. I can move no trouble if I can make it to my HO, haven't had the chance to test talking to a master, yet.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Crashes in first town for me, but only in flashbackhc league. Seems to be fine in standard. wine-staging 1.7.52 and wine 1.7.44.
Hm... works now, using MATE instead of XFCE. Also disabled my filters, but upon reactivating it still worked, so I don't think that was the cause for the crashes. :/
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Using MATE instead of XFCE doesn't fix anything for me. Game is still crashig in Sarn and Forest - only in flashback. Standard League works fine.
Last edited by Tragamortos on Oct 20, 2015, 3:46:19 PM
I'm seeing the same problem - always crashes after a few seconds in A2 forest camp.
Hmmm... went to A1 and back to A2 after quest. Didn't crash in A2 camp this time.
Last edited by CookieTough2 on Oct 20, 2015, 5:00:38 PM
This happened before during the Act 4 Beta a few days before it went live. I have a feeling I know what it's related to and will find out for sure.
We're working on this and should have it fixed soon. Sorry about that!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Same thing here, running POE on custom built wine 1.7.26 (build it myself from source specifically for PoE, it worked perfectly for at least 6 month or more, no artifacts, excellent fps, no problems whatsoever)

Since the last patch game started to crash every time I try to talk no any npc in forest encampment and sometimes in act4 as well.
I was sure it's on my side, so i spent a day tinkering with wine (to no success)

After serious testing I can only say that it looks like something has been broken in the game itself with the last patch. Too bad I spent about 10 hours tinkering wine to come to this conclusion :))))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info