[Official] WINE info thread

"
eNTi wrote:
"
Dracones wrote:
Can also confirm that CSMT is crashing right after the character select. I've been playing wine-staging with POE off and on fine, noticed CSMT was off and turned it on to up the performance. Crashes in the same place every time until I turned it off.

Can't really comment on the performance of staging vs the specific wine build. But the game itself isn't very graphics intensive as long as the shadows are off.

the game loses a lot of its fidelity without shadows though... anyone got the game to work properly with shadows on?

also... anyone know how to set the texture quality above medium? the option is greyed out for me.

YOu cant do it on 32bit client version.
so i've good news. i think ggg fixed some things. first and foremost the game works for me on 1.7.47-staging with CSMT activated on 64bit, so i've been able to set textures to high. also, i don't have any issues with shadows on any longer. so the game works perfectly atm.
Last edited by eNTi on Jul 15, 2015, 1:09:28 PM
"
eNTi wrote:
so i've good news. i think ggg fixed some things. first and foremost the game works for me on 1.7.47-staging with CSMT activated on 64bit, so i've been able to set textures to high. also, i don't have any issues with shadows on any longer. so the game works perfectly atm.

Are You playing through PlayOnLinux? If yes, how did you get 1.7.47 stag 64bit? i cant see that version :/
"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
"
eNTi wrote:

Are You playing through PlayOnLinux? If yes, how did you get 1.7.47 stag 64bit? i cant see that version :/

i've installed it normally and created a new WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_poe.

now this game seriously confuses me. after a restart the CSMT extension no longer works. the old error is back as are some serious frame drops.

update: shadow bug is back as well... i really wonder what i did before to make it all work :(.

edit:
https://bugs.wine-staging.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453
https://bugs.wine-staging.com/show_bug.cgi?id=454
Last edited by eNTi on Jul 16, 2015, 6:13:52 AM
For anyone having the crash issue when loading instances out of the starting town with wine staging, on my machine the latest wine (staging) version with no such bug is 1.7.44.

If you don't want to mess with your system's base wine just install PlayOnLinux to download their pre-compiled packages (1.7.44-staging 32-bit), and then just use it without PoL (which is ugly and bla bla).
Has anyone got it working only using the PlayOnLinux GUI to control configuration settings? If so how?

I've been playing in a virtual machine and occasionally trying things mentioned here but I guess I need to actually learn to use wine directly if i don't want to keep using the VM :(
"
Has anyone got it working only using the PlayOnLinux GUI to control configuration settings? If so how?

I followed Sovyn's guide on the wiki after a fresh install on Linux Mint and it seems to be working pretty flawlessly. The one thing I did differently was his step 6:

"
Step 6) Next, go to the Miscellaneous tab. Click "Open a shell."

My PlayOnLinux didn't want to launch the shell, so in the Configure Wine screen I went to the library tab and added them manually by typing usp10 and clicking add and the same with riched20.

Additionally prior to game launch: Under Configure Wine I went to the Graphics tab and enabled Emulate Virtual Desktop, Automatically capture mouse, and changed the resolution to the game's resolution that you use in his step 8. Not sure if this step actually "fixes" anything, but I did it so I'm including it.

PC Specs
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Cinnamon Version 2.6.13
CPU: i7-3770K 3.50GHz quad core
Ram: 8GB ddr3
GPU: GeForce GTX 670
ok guys anyone know how to fix this i am using ubuntu 1.04 vivid and am running a amd r7 260x gpu with a amd 6300fx processor and 8 gb of ram using play on linux i instaled PoE on a virtual drive using a tutorial found here in the forums i used a wine version specifically for PoE and did all of it right changed the fullscreen to true etc etc it loads up and after loading screen i get login options but the background is blacked out and if i login character select is too except already made characters though clicking around does allow selection but if i start game it goes to load and just sits there
HELP?! any ideas
If you're using AMD/ATI, you have to keep the setting under GLSL support enabled. I followed the wiki guide, and it simply does not work for AMD cards. Turning the GLSL support on allowed the game to run with no black screens and I stopped getting the directx error (d3der). Game runs great now, except for some stuttering which tanks my FPS. Graphics setting have no impact on it, so I'm guessing the issues lies elsewhere.
Last edited by omegasage on Aug 24, 2015, 2:46:27 AM
Has someone able to play the game without bugs or performance issues?

Does it worth to try to play poe on linux, without oficial support?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info