FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

"
King_Fed0 wrote:
would sepll echo be better instead of faster casting for helm

Of course it is much better, how can it not be? Faster casting than the faster casting gem and spell repition!
"
Hondepoep wrote:
"
King_Fed0 wrote:

Of course it is much better, how can it not be? Faster casting than the faster casting gem and spell repition!

I've been wondering myself too and I doubt Spell Echo is always 100% better. Sometimes you want to LW out and you just can't because of Spell Echo, or want to put your totem down asap and you can't.

I don't know the odds of it, but this can mean the death of you if you're doing end map contents or just playing hardcore.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Aug 8, 2014, 9:46:13 AM
"
Majad wrote:
"
Hondepoep wrote:
"
King_Fed0 wrote:

I've been wondering myself too and I doubt Spell Echo is always 100% better. Sometimes you want to LW out and you just can't because of Spell Echo, or want to put your totem down asap and you can't.

I don't know the odds of it, but this can mean the death of you if you're doing end map contents or just playing hardcore.

Well sure it depends totally on your setup. I was assuming the questions was about dps rather than anything else. If you think about drawbacks, sure you are totally right, especially if you dont have a high cast speed. My cast speed is pretty high so it is a split second for echo to recast the spell, and i don´t use a totem so for me spell echo is a great gems with no drawbacks (at least i never experienced a situation where i died because my spell echo hindered me of backing out or anything). When playing HC and builds that are more squishy, you should definitely take those drawbacks into account.
Yeah, I agree with you. I just wanted to mention that since you hadn't.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
switched from the first brigadine from the previous build to light coil and wtf? what a HUGE difference.. ive skipped totem now to level up other gems instead, but instead of being squishy as hell (jumping mobs, flicker mobs) I can suddenly facetank everything. Even reflect, without topaz flasks. The vitality aura is IMBA even on lower levels.

This was awkward, played the previous build and felt like a glass cannon but now Im starting to feel tanky.
most gems are 17-18 and none or low qual, only have to empower gems (level 2) and havent even respecced into this build (running on the previous build tree still). My dps sucks tho, hardly 7k, but I bet that mainly comes from gems not leveled up yet
Is this build also possible with a lvl 84 templar ?
Why i cant Run 5 Auras like fox? Is it because i dont have Charisma
Im runing Clarity, poF, poL , AA, RF . I want also to run haste but cant not enought mana reserved? Any idea how to run it?

Tree
Spoiler
my tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHYwelCPQLYQx9DlwQdBB_EZYV5xbzFy8ZhRpsHNwdqh6UIxgkPCSqJLAmPCaVJy8nqSj6LJwtRy9vL501kjbpPI5Bh0TnRX5FnUZxSVFJslBCVUtVxlXWVytXyVptXz9k520ZcLtzU3OzeA15aHqqf8aApIIQgh6Cx4MJhW2G0YjxjDaPRpMnmuCdrqKjpKynCKdcqBipbqw_tAy18rc-uJO8n8BUwQTB88aez2XQ0NVP2RPa3dsL3Ffed9-w4YjjauOf6rrr7u8O8GvyL_Pd-ej60v4K

Gears
Spoiler
Im not sure i agree with helmet gem choice in OP. Echo is good but faster casting with echo is less real world DPS than echo with lightning penetration instead.

Tested second phase on domino.

18K sheet DPS with Empower + Echo + Faster Cast + Arc = 15 sec

14K Sheet DPS with Empower + Echo + Lightning Penetration + arc = 10 sec

Test yourselves but I find lightning penetration far superior.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 9, 2014, 3:22:11 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Im not sure i agree with helmet gem choice. Echo is good but faster casting with echo is less real world DPS than echo with lightning penetration instead.

Tested second phase on domino.

18K sheet DPS with Empower + Echo + Faster Cast + Arc = 15 sec

14K Sheet DPS with Empower + Echo + Lightning Penetration + arc = 10 sec

Test yourselves but I find lightning penetration far superior.

Seconded. Tooltip means nothing when penetration can more than double your damage on resistant mobs.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info