FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

"

I use coil with a number of builds, I feel like coil + grace and ev gear + ondars + acrobatics/phase acrobatics + block + heart of oak is one of the tankiest attack mitigation setups in the entire game, it just shits on any armour + iron reflexes + unwavering stance combo imo. Fox experimented with acrobatics in the build, its had benefits but I think just too many points better spent elsewhere + hurting on ur mana through the es reduction put the idea to bed after a few days fun.

LOL I bet. Thats the beauty of coil. Don't have to have IR and still got virtually 10K armor and can have evasion too. I need to get back on my HC ranger with your ideas.
Git R Dun!
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Relytz wrote:
I wonder how this build would operate with legacy Saffel's. Assuming you could still sustain Righteous fire it would make the build even tankier.

fox used a saffells for parts of the atziri fight i believe, im not sure if he managed to always outregen rf with it but I think the leech covered it.

Nope, he used saffels for the double vaals but without RF active. Damage is still more than enough and you won´t get much damage, but using saffels with RF is too much degen that you cannot handle with the leech. I did the same setup pretty long but nowadays I would just run the same setup for the whole Atziri area, even though using saffels is safer for the vaals .

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
CoD does take off 40% of all damage, but only when u have mana. Thing with the coil setup over the cod build is that ur using that mana to run more purity auras, giving you more max res, youre using a shield with more max res, you are still mitigating long after cod would empty ur mana globe, you get more life from chest and tree etc. So the combo is a lot more tanky when taken as a package.

I have all foxes ambush gear but personally Im still running the cod version of the build at lvl93, I just love that chest and the way it all comes together. When the respecs come in with the new tree Ill probably switch over to the rf coil version, providing something solid can still be achieved with the new pathing. I have well over 4k mana with maybe 1.7k unreserved and over 480 regen per sec on the cod build but even then I will very occasionally get smashed down to 0 mana and start taking hefty damage. Ive yet to actually die to something other than a horrible incident with an offscreen chain hitting ele reflect in a -max map while not paying attention, but its far from invincible and I feel like an emergency mana pot is a must. Once that globe empties your wide open to all manner of damage. Coil op.

Hm yeah i think I changed to coil also at like lvl 93 or so, because i was so happy about the whole setup. Also if you do not attempt Uber atziri and need to buy a 5/6l coil I do not think i would change. Yes coil is better but not needed for Atziri or normal mobs if you play accordingly. But after changing to LC at lvl 93 or so + a few other items, I have to say it is just ridiculously better ,especially because you can run 5 auras (haste so you can respecc some cast speed and dmg nodes) and still sustain lvl 23 AA.
Last edited by Hondepoep on Aug 10, 2014, 4:27:55 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"

I use coil with a number of builds, I feel like coil + grace and ev gear + ondars + acrobatics/phase acrobatics + block + heart of oak is one of the tankiest attack mitigation setups in the entire game, it just shits on any armour + iron reflexes + unwavering stance combo imo. Fox experimented with acrobatics in the build, its had benefits but I think just too many points better spent elsewhere + hurting on ur mana through the es reduction put the idea to bed after a few days fun.

LOL I bet. Thats the beauty of coil. Don't have to have IR and still got virtually 10K armor and can have evasion too. I need to get back on my HC ranger with your ideas.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QR-BS0FfQW1CC4OSBGWFfAY2xmOGtsbrSFgI_YkPCepL28wcTB8OkI6WD3iPs9AoEd-SO5JUUp9S3hRR1PfVupW9Vb6WNtaSFptW69gS2KsY0NlTWegbmlwUnBWcLtw1XTtdPF4rnrvfXV9438rf8aE2YTvhxmHdohCjX2Nv5Abl9CaE5uDm42do52qnrmnNKdcqn-quKvFrK-v67TFuT695sBRwcXC7MS4xqLTftQj1fjWitkT227b1N0N3ajjhO2D7g7veu_w8uH5Y_yr_MX-utad

thats my life based melee dagger ranger spec. Having no +max res on the tree obviously leaves you with just phase acro and pots to mitigate elemental spells beyond the regular 75%. A saffells could be used in theory, my shield had chaos res and it was a bloodrage character so personally I didnt go that way. I can afk in front of shrine piety in her ice form though. Devours, birdmen, titty bitches etc literally cant hit you with 95% projectile evade + 44% block + 40% chance to dodge, again you can afk with 8 devours and 8 birdmen all firing at you endlessly, once in a while a random shot gets through but you easily regen the life back before another makes it past all those layers, and like you say, its hitting 10k armour if it does manage to connect. Only down side is having to keep up endurance charges manually as ur codt is rarely proccing.

"
Hondepoep wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Relytz wrote:
I wonder how this build would operate with legacy Saffel's. Assuming you could still sustain Righteous fire it would make the build even tankier.

fox used a saffells for parts of the atziri fight i believe, im not sure if he managed to always outregen rf with it but I think the leech covered it.

Nope, he used saffels for the double vaals but without RF active. Damage is still more than enough and you won´t get much damage, but using saffels with RF is too much degen that you cannot handle with the leech. I did the same setup pretty long but nowadays I would just run the same setup for the whole Atziri area, even though using saffels is safer for the vaals .

he used saffells with rf at points, and the leech was enough, he was mapping for a few days even with saffells on permanently. He even ran maps with rf + dual catalyst scepters and vaal haste without any shield fighting ridiculous degen through leech. Thats not to say any of that is a viable or advisable way to play, but he did it and lived to tell the tale, mostly :D.

You ever been to his stream? Whats ur twitch name? We possibly know each other from there if you have.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Aug 10, 2014, 6:14:57 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

You ever been to his stream? Whats ur twitch name? We possibly know each other from there if you have.

Seems like you are Fat dorothy, right? :D Sure I remember you, you did a lot of trade stuff for him (best was the Piscator Vigil wand the day it came out :D...so funny how crazy people were at that day)... Okay i know he used it from time to time for testing and all but i meant for atziri fights :). And yeah i was also basically on his stream from day 1 of the arc witch, though i didnt post much on the chats (kinda more watching and laughing from the background, anyway twitch account is hansklabauter, maybe you remember me as the guy who asked fox for his Purity of Ice to try Uber the first time and then asked him to clear it cause i died too often (that was when he respecced into phase acrobatics and stuff and he directly died to the vaal duo). So yeah i wasnt very active chatting but i was watching the streams a lot (liitle insider, S club 7 :P )...You are also lurking around on Raiz stream if i am not mistaken? anyway good to know who you are know :)
Last edited by Hondepoep on Aug 10, 2014, 9:04:43 AM
"
Hondepoep wrote:
hansklabauter

ahhhh, yes man, I do know you from the stream and I remember the specific uber encounter youre talking about, good times. Its looking like he might be doing a bow build next league, hopefully Ill see you back over there for more shenanigans when it lands :D.

that sclub7 foot lol

I do watch Raiz ya, hes a seriously cool dude and a great thinker on the game mechanics. Im a freelance designer so I have 3 monitors in front of me all day, if Im working or playing or surfing the nets Ive almost always got a stream up on one of them. Hegemony, Anuhart, Zeno, Namtro, Unhost, HvR, Mors, Dominion, Uberelite, youll find me lurking in all of them, I get around as they say.

For sure theres a difference between stuff Fox tried out for science and things a sane person would put their character through, as the death counter will attest :D.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Hondepoep wrote:
hansklabauter

ahhhh, yes man, I do know you from the stream and I remember the specific uber encounter youre talking about, good times. Its looking like he might be doing a bow build next league, hopefully Ill see you back over there for more shenanigans when it lands :D.

that sclub7 foot lol

I do watch Raiz ya, hes a seriously cool dude and a great thinker on the game mechanics. Im a freelance designer so I have 3 monitors in front of me all day, if Im working or playing or surfing the nets Ive almost always got a stream up on one of them. Hegemony, Anuhart, Zeno, Namtro, Unhost, HvR, Mors, Dominion, Uberelite, youll find me lurking in all of them, I get around as they say.

For sure theres a difference between stuff Fox tried out for science and things a sane person would put their character through, as the death counter will attest :D.

Yeah good times indeed :). Yeah the uber encounter wasnt all that succesfully unfortunately but yeah :P. Sure i will check out the stream, i found the atmosphere on his streams very chilled and entertaining :). And yeah Raiz is pretty awesome and for me one of the best streamers of PoE, so much knowledge paired with just a lot charisma and entertainment. Anyway we shouldn´t be spamming too much here but awesome that we met on the forum, hope we see each other soon on one of those streams or next league :), Have a good one mate
Just switched out faster casting level 19 gem for a spell echo level 18 gem, and got >2k dps raise on tooltip (and feels even more live).

Relly curious how everything feels with maxed gems.
hey sorry but i don't understand your Life Regen because i'm lv89 and i have 227.2 with Vitality up(lv20), in your screenshot you have 420.2 so i don't understand how can u have this life regen :D
i don't take 3 skill points Life and Mana 6%-8% but i think that don't change a lot my life regen.
Thank you ;)
"
pigi_95 wrote:
hey sorry but i don't understand your Life Regen because i'm lv89 and i have 227.2 with Vitality up(lv20), in your screenshot you have 420.2 so i don't understand how can u have this life regen :D
i don't take 3 skill points Life and Mana 6%-8% but i think that don't change a lot my life regen.
Thank you ;)

just read a few posts above yours (1 page back or so), the pic and the skill tree are not comparable ;).
Last edited by Hondepoep on Aug 11, 2014, 6:08:40 AM
ok but the last Passive Tree so what is it? Can Fox link it?
ty ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info