FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

nah bro the vertex is really unecessari just jewellery with mana regen solve problem...
"
siclop19 wrote:
nah bro the vertex is really unecessari just jewellery with mana regen solve problem...

Vertex is unnecessary? try to run lvl 25 AA without it, either you have awesome rings that are more than godly or you are also just looking at dps. IMO Vertext is a very sweet item to have and I would always use it before lvl 3 empower and 21 Arc. I played till lvl 92 with lvl 3 empower and 20/20 arc, and dps-wise still not the slightest problem, especially because my Vertex increases survivability by so much. So i have to disagreee completely, might be depend on playstyle but i cant see any reason to call the vertex "unnecessary" (sure it is endgame but a really awesome piece for this build) and go instead for 21/20 arc and lvl 3 empower...

I just checked and cleared a 78 Map without my empower and only lvl 20/20 arc, still insame clearspeed, so to say that this is the "heart" of the build is simply not right, survivability is far more important than 2-3k more arc dps ( I play RF build as i see no reason to swap to a coil for my purposes, just to make that clear)
I gotta say, i agree with vertex before arc21 or empowerlvl3.

But it also depends on the gear you are allready running.

Vertex helped me solve some serious mana problems when i started running 4 auras. And it will basicly allow you to get slightly more dps on either rings\amus or nodes instead of reg.

The 50% mana cost on vertex is also awesome, my arc cost like.. 41 mana..

I checked xyz lastnight and vertex cost 7 exalts.. This aint gonna last forever people, grab em while they are hot =P
Empower 3 is like what 10 EX? Sorry could not justify price when just starting out. It does not enable 23 PoF on it's own without a 21 PoF (another 5ex), only a 80EX lvl4 empower does that, so all you're getting out of it is a little more DPS. The other thing is I'm leveling one so seems premature to just go buy one.
Heart of build is survival I only have 9K dps but do 78 maps just fine at only lvl 77. DPS will come as I lvl and grab DPS nodes and gems lvl.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Empower 3 is like what 10 EX? Sorry could not justify price when just starting out. It does not enable 23 PoF on it's own without a 21 PoF (another 5ex), only a 80EX lvl4 empower does that, so all you're getting out of it is a little more DPS. The other thing is I'm leveling one so seems premature to just go buy one.
Heart of build is survival I only have 9K dps but do 78 maps just fine at only lvl 77. DPS will come as I lvl and grab DPS nodes and gems lvl.

well, i dont understand for what method u run aa 25 if u dont have shit empower 3 for dps, i have 291mana regen/s im using 30ms boots and aa 20 so i sustain it without problems and 13k dps with emp3 + arc 20, u really wrong about vertex first than emp 3 and arc 20, mana problem is easy fixed with cheap jewellerry, and pof 21 worth 3.5ex / empower 3 5.5ex / empower 4 ~45ex in ambush.
Last edited by siclop19 on May 23, 2014, 8:48:33 AM
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
Kussler88 wrote:
What you could do is Vaal Orb some Geofri's Crest or The Vertex and hope for an additional '+1 to Level of Gems in this item' implicit mod. That results in a Lvl 28 Arc (21 base, +2 from Helm and +5 from Lvl 6 Empower) and would probably add some dps ;)

Lvl 28 Arc base damage would be 94–1785

That would be awesome... If it was possible.

helms can't roll the +1 implicit =).

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted

Ah, too bad. I thought I had seen one with it, but it probably was a pair of gloves/boots.

But '1% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life' would be nice on sceptre/wand and amulet!
Last edited by Kussler88 on May 23, 2014, 10:13:02 AM
"
siclop19 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

well, i dont understand for what method u run aa 25 if u dont have shit empower 3 for dps, i have 291mana regen/s im using 30ms boots and aa 20 so i sustain it without problems and 13k dps with emp3 + arc 20, u really wrong about vertex first than emp 3 and arc 20, mana problem is easy fixed with cheap jewellerry, and pof 21 worth 3.5ex / empower 3 5.5ex / empower 4 ~45ex in ambush.

I need AA to be higher than lvl 20 for all sorts of things, mainly for survivability at higher maps and Atziri :). And again, what you mean by "if you dont have shit empower lvl 3 for dps"? I told you, i checked and clear lvl 78 maps easy with just arc lvl 20 (basically just put out your lvl 3 empower), so of course it adds nice dps, i just say that dps is the least i care about to be honest...same with some map mods, sometime i run maps just withour RF (so instead of 16k arc i have only 10,1k dps or so, which is still more than enough to clear maps faster than most people).

And i have an empower lvl 3, more than 1 actually, but thats not the point, the point is that if I would be in the situation where i have to decide what to buy (even if it would be the same price) i would always choose the vertex first, due to lower mana cost, higher mana, more mana regen, chaos resistance and so on)
So that you can concentrate on jewellery with cast speed and other damage options rather than additionally have to look at mana reg on rings amu? Price is also less than empower, and if you really are in need for those extra dps then i want to see your gear, cause (from my experience) damage is at every point enough when mapping. I have 360 mana reg or so (like I said I do the RF build not the Lightning coil setup, and thats fine for lvl 25 AA (running oinly lvl 23 atm) but it wouldnt be when I drop Vertex. Anyway in the end it maybe comes down to personal preference, but i can´t understand when you tell people to sell their Vertex to buy a lvl 3 empower, that simply makes no sense to me (for all the reasons i have written down in the last 2 posts)

Btw. if you really find a lvl 4 empower for 45 ex, i buy it off you i promise ;)...45 Ex in ambush :D...thats either someone who doesnt recognize its value or it is simply not true what you are saying (maybe before Fox made his build open to the public, but nowadays? fforget it man)

Anyway, if you like your setup and it works, awesome for you, but telling people that vertex is not worth to purchase before all other stuff is not true, at least not with the explanations (if i can call it that) you give, so imo the guy did everything right, to hold off with buying a lvl 3 empower.
Last edited by Hondepoep on May 23, 2014, 10:50:10 AM
"
Hondepoep wrote:
"
siclop19 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I need AA to be higher than lvl 20 for all sorts of things, mainly for survivability at higher maps and Atziri :). And again, what you mean by "if you dont have shit empower lvl 3 for dps"? I told you, i checked and clear lvl 78 maps easy with just arc lvl 20 (basically just put out your lvl 3 empower), so of course it adds nice dps, i just say that dps is the least i care about to be honest...same with some map mods, sometime i run maps just withour RF (so instead of 16k arc i have only 10,1k dps or so, which is still more than enough to clear maps faster than most people).

And i have an empower lvl 3, more than 1 actually, but thats not the point, the point is that if I would be in the situation where i have to decide what to buy (even if it would be the same price) i would always choose the vertex first, due to lower mana cost, higher mana, more mana regen, chaos resistance and so on)
So that you can concentrate on jewellery with cast speed and other damage options rather than additionally have to look at mana reg on rings amu? Price is also less than empower, and if you really are in need for those extra dps then i want to see your gear, cause (from my experience) damage is at every point enough when mapping. I have 360 mana reg or so (like I said I do the RF build not the Lightning coil setup, and thats fine for lvl 25 AA (running oinly lvl 23 atm) but it wouldnt be when I drop Vertex. Anyway in the end it maybe comes down to personal preference, but i can´t understand when you tell people to sell their Vertex to buy a lvl 3 empower, that simply makes no sense to me (for all the reasons i have written down in the last 2 posts)

Btw. if you really find a lvl 4 empower for 45 ex, i buy it off you i promise ;)...45 Ex in ambush :D...thats either someone who doesnt recognize its value or it is simply not true what you are saying (maybe before Fox made his build open to the public, but nowadays? fforget it man)

Anyway, if you like your setup and it works, awesome for you, but telling people that vertex is not worth to purchase before all other stuff is not true, at least not with the explanations (if i can call it that) you give, so imo the guy did everything right, to hold off with buying a lvl 3 empower.

i dont go to progress this discution man, u wrong in alot of points, and i tell it for other guy for diff situation, done.
Lol, here ya go guys, my mappin DPS..

And nothing activated, scroll to the right, pic to big =P

Last edited by FoxTactics on May 24, 2014, 2:49:27 AM
Can i see your current gear and def tab?
Last edited by Jaqen on May 24, 2014, 10:26:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info