PoE is becoming unplayable due to lag/desync

"
xmvmx wrote:
This game is badly optimized...period.
Stop pretending and defending this sh..it in all of your posts and blaming the players rigs.

This game is capable to kill any advanced Gpu/Cpu on the market...not because is demanding or advanced in graphics...but because is poorly optimized.

I never said anything about optimization... I agree with you that the engine is very immature and needs time to grow and become optimized. But you can't deny that PoE is also demanding due to the details, shaders, and optimization (poor or otherwise).

I was mostly just saying that comparing TL2 to PoE was not a valid/accurate comparison other than POSSIBLY size of company, because the engines and effects are COMPLETELY different.

also, I've nto played a lot of those other games you mentioned, but I believe most of those are either developed by million/billion dollar companies, and the ones that aren't license an engine like Unreal or the like. Which of them have created their own engine from scratch that are also very tiny indie companies?
"
rrajao wrote:

Like I mentioned, the issue is not on my end.
Here's the WinMTR log:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| XXXXXX - 0 | 125 | 125 | 1 | 14 | 366 | 366 |
| XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - 0 | 115 | 115 | 15 | 157 | 4343 | 246 |

Sorry, but the WinMTR log you provided suggests that the issue is actually at your end. You are getting huge lag spikes on the first hop - between your laptop and your router (up to 4.3 seconds response time). Sort that out and you will probably find things are much better. I would suggest trying a wired connection instead of wireless to start with - see if that improves things.
Desynch combined with an awful pc has made my experience miserable since this game came out of beta (when I started). I have played with hardly any breaks for almost 15 months and still have never had an hc char past lvl 79 (that was early on too). Most of my Rips were due to situations that I could not control or see (rubberbanding or complete frozen screen). I do not like restarting in middle of seasons and I do not want to play in the legacy realm so I await a new 4 month hc season. (these are my breaks)
"
Drakier wrote:
"
xmvmx wrote:
This game is badly optimized...period.
Stop pretending and defending this sh..it in all of your posts and blaming the players rigs.

This game is capable to kill any advanced Gpu/Cpu on the market...not because is demanding or advanced in graphics...but because is poorly optimized.

I never said anything about optimization... I agree with you that the engine is very immature and needs time to grow and become optimized. But you can't deny that PoE is also demanding due to the details, shaders, and optimization (poor or otherwise).

I was mostly just saying that comparing TL2 to PoE was not a valid/accurate comparison other than POSSIBLY size of company, because the engines and effects are COMPLETELY different.

also, I've nto played a lot of those other games you mentioned, but I believe most of those are either developed by million/billion dollar companies, and the ones that aren't license an engine like Unreal or the like. Which of them have created their own engine from scratch that are also very tiny indie companies?

Even from the start of the game at login screen there are problems....
What game engine will kill your gpu only with a logo and a rain if it's good programmed ?!
For this, you don't need billions of dollars...just some more attention on how those particles are written in the code.
All of those major companies have also problems when comes to high demanding graphic engines ...but hey...they offer a solution to this :... low settings, remove weather, remove special effects...etc.

The desync problem comes also from the game code AND NOT from network or computer specs..!
As i understood from the lead designer of the game, the core engine has some "special feature" who anticipates the next position of the char if there are any loss in server/client communications.....ding !
Why i say this is because when desync occurs, I as a player, NEVER clicked that places filled with monsters, NEVER got out of mana to be sent into the pack of mobs to auto attack, but of course...after the freeze time...I AM THERE, in the place i never wanted to be nor clicked to be there !
See...this is a programming problem.
Also they could slowly rewrite the code and offer solution for low specs computers like i said before,...and also there are lots of stupid and useless effects that you don't even see or need, and can be easily removed from game.

Instead of doing improvements on the core...what GGG is doing ?....is adding new and new skills, effects, items, over an already broken engine.

One GGG programmer said on the forum that desync is mostly caused by the complexity of the game when becomes to calculation of dmg/dmg reduction/skill effects/...bla bla...

Wrong....This things are "calculated" in a matter of milliseconds if the core game is good written.

Again, playing with hundreds of players near you, using hundreds of skills, hundreds of effects, millions particles all over the place every millisecond without any lag/desync,... is just how good the core game is written.

As a side note...wtf, even opening my chat is creating lag....this is beyond any logic to pretend that is my computer fault...
Last edited by xmvmx on Apr 19, 2014, 4:25:46 AM

The standard response in these threads is to ask for the WinMTR log, say it's on your end, tell you to contact your service provider, and that's about it. This won't solve the problem, as desync is a part of PoE as it is any game, except the devs haven't found a viable solution to combat it. Snoop around a bit, the devs are pretty transparent about the issue, to their credit.

I've put Path of Exile on hold until the issue's fixed(if it is fixed), as I think changing your class/play style choice to circumvent an enormous oversight is silly. Hope you find something to play or this is solved soon so we both can play PoE. Have a good one, man.

Silly or not I enjoy the game enough to adapt a little and enjoy it for what it is......a free game from a small company. Honestly I always play melee characters, but due to this games obvious performance issues, I switched to a dual totem Templar and LOVE the different gameplay. In a strange way, it opened a new playstyle I would have not normally ever tried.
I still contend this game runs miserably on a lot of rigs, I know people that attempt to play on killer rigs and have problems as well. Adding more graphic options that people can lower for better performance would go a long way in keeping a lot of players, imo. It's a shame, this game has so much to offer.
im on latinamerica and the game is just unplayable. before awakening i could 'play' dsync was a problem, but some times of the night i could play fine, but now half times i try play cant even get to char screen. I guess im just too far from server to play, btw my pc is high end. European players never experimented real dsync like we do.
I am in an agreement with most folk here. i came back to this game only the other day and JESUS CHRIST it was not long before i was getting desync's left and right. Its really bummed me out so much that i will not even bother trying to play anymore. I fail to see how ones computer (such as CPU GPU and so forth) have anything to do with it as this game does not take much to run and my machine is very well spec'd and has been upgraded since i last played, and i had ZERO problems back then.

GG please SORT YOURSELVES OUT!!!!
"
Badgerwoo wrote:
I fail to see how ones computer (such as CPU GPU and so forth) have anything to do with it as this game does not take much to run
CoC builds, esp. dischargers, disagree.
Although computer specs have nothing to do with desync, yeah.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
After reading here for a while I wanna share some information, maybe it helps someone out:

Had the same problem with top tier pc and isp, lost some HC chars due to lags and for the last 3 days it was unplayable, even standing in the hideout i had framdrops/lags/packet loss. I decided to completely uninstall and sweep POE from my SSD and reinstalled from the scratch.
=> not a single lagspike, no fps drops etc....

I will update if the lags return, but maybe it is worth a try for some of you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info