PoE is becoming unplayable due to lag/desync

"
Malone wrote:
maybe upgrade your computer

That isn't necessarily the problem. My PC can pretty handily kick this game's ass, but I'll still find myself in situations where I realize that my attacks are just suddenly no longer having any effect on the world, and I have to high-tail it from enemies just to ensure that I don't suddenly die. I'm not sure if that's lag, or desync, or something else, but it happens a lot more often than I'd like, especially on HC.
"
BlackDeath3 wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

That isn't necessarily the problem. My PC can pretty handily kick this game's ass, but I'll still find myself in situations where I realize that my attacks are just suddenly no longer having any effect on the world, and I have to high-tail it from enemies just to ensure that I don't suddenly die. I'm not sure if that's lag, or desync, or something else, but it happens a lot more often than I'd like, especially on HC.

That's desync. You need to learn not to rush through the game. Take a break after each encounter and let the game re-sync with the server. You are causing the problem. That's hard to accept for some people... they want to blame everything and everyone else. You're playing the game faster than it's possible for the game/server to remain in sync. Solution: Slow down.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
That's desync. You need to learn not to rush through the game. Take a break after each encounter and let the game re-sync with the server. You are causing the problem. That's hard to accept for some people... they want to blame everything and everyone else. You're playing the game faster than it's possible for the game/server to remain in sync. Solution: Slow down.

You seriously just posted that it's the user's fault for playing the game. WTF?

Is it my fault too that my Marauder's first swing ALWAYS MISSES even though I have a skill that says I should never miss? Obviously my fault for taking that first swing when I reach the enemy instead of "slowing down" and letting him whack me a couple times before I attack back.

Listen to what you're saying. You just blamed the user of a game for playing the game the way every other game is played. It's not the user's fault that PoE has desync. Can they pussyfoot around desync? Absolutely. Should they have to? Abso-fucking-lutely not.

I dunno. Maybe you're new to the internet and the piss-poor performance of PoE is all you know. I'd suggest removing your head from GGG's rear and trying out some of the other games out there to learn about the industry standard for how games are supposed to perform. There's this thing called Steam that has a whole bunch of them. Google it and give it a whirl (google.com is an internet search engine).
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
"
jstq wrote:
Pretty playable even in turbo races with 150 latency. I'm dying only cus my own mistakes.

yeah - but it's intermittent - so sometimes it's horrendous - other times relatively little trouble.

as for the usual, "you just have to adjust to the desync", posts:

yeah- that's what I want to do, play slower and play against the game's greatest deficiency.

i'm seeing a fair amount of desync when SPAMMING QUICKSILVER FLASKS. That's just ridiculous.

greatest game design blunder ever.

humorously, as you get better at the game it becomes worse.

now that i can string activities together in quick succession, like whirling blades and an adrenaline flask for example, i see problems quite often.

back when i had slow, confused fingers it wasn't nearly as much of an issue.

Throw in annoying 1-shot bosses and not moving quickly or "taking your time" is not an option.

Agreed the game is simply unplayable in groups for me. Still enjoy the game very much, so I play solo. GGG customer service was great, prompt replies trying to suck a little better framerate...but nothing helped. They said the game doesn't play well with some amd cards (what I have). All other games run just fine for me ( I know...don't compare poe with other games, its a very small outfit....blah blah blah...well Torchlight2 is a lot smaller and runs flawlessly in a full group). So, I play a dual totem Templar , gave up on melee due to desync, lag, etc. and make the best of it. Smaller parties (depending on what skills they use) helps some, they become manageable and almost playable for me.
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Agreed the game is simply unplayable in groups for me. Still enjoy the game very much, so I play solo. GGG customer service was great, prompt replies trying to suck a little better framerate...but nothing helped. They said the game doesn't play well with some amd cards (what I have). All other games run just fine for me ( I know...don't compare poe with other games, its a very small outfit....blah blah blah...well Torchlight2 is a lot smaller and runs flawlessly in a full group). So, I play a dual totem Templar , gave up on melee due to desync, lag, etc. and make the best of it. Smaller parties (depending on what skills they use) helps some, they become manageable and almost playable for me.

I'm glad you have a fairly positive attitude and outlook on the situation. You're correct that melee is rough due to desync. The main difference however in your post is that Torchlight2 (which I don't think is smaller) is also a cartoon game. The level of details and effects aren't there which is the major problem with PoE. It's one of the most demanding games I've played. A lot of that is due to the use of near photo realistic quality on items, in addition to the use of high detailed and complex shaders. There just aren't many games out there the size of PoE that have that. Diablo 3 and Torchlight2 are cartoons compared to PoE. They're still fun and engaging, but they lack that detail.
Love the game, hate the obvious preference towards nvidia users.
IGN: Smegacore
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
BlackDeath3 wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

Good point. I don't play fast and loose at all. I actually hate that style of play. When I have time available, I take my time to clear every level before I move on. It helps on desync, but not enough and still shows up eventually.
"
Drakier wrote:
" The level of details and effects aren't there which is the major problem with PoE. It's one of the most demanding games I've played. A lot of that is due to the use of near photo realistic quality on items, in addition to the use of high detailed and complex shaders. There just aren't many games out there the size of PoE that have that. Diablo 3 and Torchlight2 are cartoons compared to PoE. They're still fun and engaging, but they lack that detail."

You really need to go out from POE and try to play a real demanding game when becomes to graphic and shaders...

Try Blade&Soul, Aion, ...etc,...those games are really advanced in graphics, not POE.
And there are no desyncs, with hundreds of players near you who are using all sort of skills every second (ex: when there are sieges) and the design of the items are far more advanced then here. Not to talk about the environment too...

This game is badly optimized...period.
Stop pretending and defending this sh..it in all of your posts and blaming the players rigs.

This game is capable to kill any advanced Gpu/Cpu on the market...not because is demanding or advanced in graphics...but because is poorly optimized.

As a final note...i haven't seen a bsod for more then 2 years on my computer...but when i play this game...1 bsod every 2-3 days ...

Just lol,..
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Townnoob23 wrote:

I'm glad you have a fairly positive attitude and outlook on the situation. You're correct that melee is rough due to desync. The main difference however in your post is that Torchlight2 (which I don't think is smaller) is also a cartoon game. The level of details and effects aren't there which is the major problem with PoE. It's one of the most demanding games I've played. A lot of that is due to the use of near photo realistic quality on items, in addition to the use of high detailed and complex shaders. There just aren't many games out there the size of PoE that have that. Diablo 3 and Torchlight2 are cartoons compared to PoE. They're still fun and engaging, but they lack that detail.

are we playing the same game ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info