What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

The only thing that needs to happen to the cartographers boxes is the removal of the "+x to chest level" mod from them, or at least toning it down to like +2/3 max. While it has been fun getting to high maps in a breeze in ambush, I do agree that reaching a consistent 77/78 pool should be a challenge and feel rewarding. Having multiple 78 maps drop from a 73 completely destroys that.
Removing the "+x to level" would also allow the spawnrate of the boxes to be increased again, since their impact won't be as big.
"
Chris wrote:

Ambush League
The ambush chests are great fun and will be integrated into the core game. Their spawn rate will probably be reduced slightly, and we'll have to rebalance how Cartographers ones work in end-game Maps (currently they're incredibly effective at dropping higher maps - this is an experiment we're currently willing to let run its course).

I really hope you do not change how the cartographers boxes work or their spawn rate. This makes it so much better to run maps. However, with their low spawn rate, it is not guaranteed. I have not seen a cartographers box in a map in the past 3 days (probably >12 hours of mapping). I have had ok RNG while not having the boxes, but my higher level map supply is depleting and I hope to find a cart box soon.

I do agree that making the mod +2/3 max would work as a reduction if you needed to make some changes.
Last edited by Nuttzo on Apr 21, 2014, 7:57:23 AM
My opinion on Cartographers: at least halve +level and +items mods on them.

Trying to solve the problem by lowering spawn rate of Cartographers adds too much variance aka RNG.

It's too easy to sustain maps in Ambush right now, and 4 chaos price for level 76 maps is ridiculous (it's close to 20 in other leagues).
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 21, 2014, 8:23:22 AM
did anyone read my reply at all?
in short: either corrupt the boxes automatically or make them extremely expensive to reroll
keep everything else as it is
"
in short: either corrupt the boxes automatically or make them extremely expensive to reroll

Yes we read it, we just didn't like it and were being polite.

Lowering +5 to +2 or +3 is a much better idea.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Please don't put the invasion features into the core game.

I think it's important that the players can learn exactly what types of mobs can spawn where in the core game while leveling. The entire end-game already has randomly assorted monster types for the most part, as do many of the special races. I really don't think we need little critters running around in weird places.

Adding invasion bosses into the core game, as unique monsters on a per-zone basis is fine though to fill in blanks. It's just making the game play more random doesn't seem appealing to me when you already have random terrain and loot.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Make invading monsters a prefix for maps. I'd love that:

Area is invade by Monsters and Bosses from elsewhere in Wraeclast + 25% quantity
English is not my first language.
"
digdigo wrote:
Make invading monsters a prefix for maps. I'd love that:

Area is invade by Monsters and Bosses from elsewhere in Wraeclast + 25% quantity

This however sounds completely awesome!
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
reboticon wrote:
"

Yes we read it, we just didn't like it and were being polite.

Lowering +5 to +2 or +3 is a much better idea.

ok you didnt get "the game" then
the game is about finding very unique extremely hard to find items
with my box-system you would have the chance to get something really good (+5)

with your system it would always only be mediocre stuff

hence, my system goes much more into the games current style. RNG ftw
"
Chris wrote:
Their spawn rate will probably be reduced slightly, and we'll have to rebalance how Cartographers ones work in end-game Maps (currently they're incredibly effective at dropping higher maps - this is an experiment we're currently willing to let run its course).

While I like the Catro boxes as they help offset bad map RNG I do think they are far to uncommon and as you say far to efficient when you do find them. If they are to be implemented in to the core game I hope you make them more common than now but less efficient but most importantly more consistent. Rolling one now with +8 items can drop only 9 and 7 of them being anywhere from -3 to -10 map levels.

Personally I think one major fix needed for the map system before Carto boxes though is to tie map quantity to the level of maps dropping. For example, running a white map should yield the same results as now while a 100+ quantity map should drop maps only of the same level or better than the one you are running.

This would motivate players to run harder maps and reward them for it.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info