What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
NCPereira wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
+1 to people who think Stronboxes should NOT be nerfed.

That's a really bad decision IMHO.

+2

Strongboxes are the best thing that was ever added to this game.

+3
++

I struggled to keep a map pool even with Cartogboxes :)
"
Evil_Kon wrote:
[...]- gear boxes, should at least always have one rare, blue and white. opening those and awww... again no item with a chance to upgrade leveling hero isnt already fun when u accept challenge of fight. upgrade is still to hard to find when you dont trade[...]

Would just like to say that I agree about the gear boxes. They really feel useless right now. The only kind I'm disappointed to see and they detract from my enjoyment of the game simply because I feel like I'm cheated out of a strongbox moment. (even though I suspect the system doesn't work this way, it's a involuntary reflex)

"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
NCPereira wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
+1 to people who think Stronboxes should NOT be nerfed.

That's a really bad decision IMHO.

+2

Strongboxes are the best thing that was ever added to this game.

+3

+4
Well, Finally no invaders! It was one of the biggest negatives of the hardcore league IMO.
If you see an invader that can one shot you, it's all about who can log out first. :|
But it did have its positives I guess. It was a change of pace from the previous hardcore leagues, but nevertheless I don't think it was well implemented.

Looking forward to next league!
Have you guys considered having an extra invader boss as a map mod? Maybe a semi-rare one with a nice little chunk of quantity?
Carto boxes as they are now are awesome. I have not had any fun with any of the other 4-5 characters I have levelelled between 60 and 70 at end game... at all. It gets really boring really fast grinding for 3% xp per map. Especially when desync still kills me 9 out of 10 times. Cartos actually take away some of the frustration associated with death by desync (no way I can even play hardcore... desync will get me eventually).

Hows progress on desync going anyway, no? Trading, no? Quality of life improvements, no? But you want to nerf the aspect of this game that has given people a desire to actually try to level their characters as high as possible because they don't have to farm forever just to get the chance to move up. It doesn't mean they will move up just that they have the chance. Go ahead, nerf it. I might do like many thousands of others (probably more like 100's of thousands) and quit because END GAME SUCKS BADLY PRE AMBUSH!

Oh, and BTW... out of the last 9 maps I played (74 and 75's). I now have 5 of those left, I did not get any higher level maps and I did not see any carto's... my last session was even worse. It was extremely frustrating and it frustrates me even more knowing you just want to make it harder again.

"
Chris wrote:

Invasion League
Note that the following is our current thinking, assuming that the changes we're making soon have the results we want.

The concept of invading Unique monsters will not be integrated into the core game for now. The Invasion bosses that are the most fun will be kept to help bolster our set of Unique monsters that have been statically allocated to each world area (i.e. some world areas that were missing Unique monsters will now get them).

Like docks? Hope so!
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Last edited by txfirefighter on Jul 5, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
Map drops prior to Cartographer's Strongboxes ruined the game for me and many of my RL friends. Most of us went elsewhrre. When I came back about halfway through the current league I discovered the strongboxes and was absolutely delighted and could hardly wait for new leagues to start until I read this thread. I sincerely hope that Cartographer's Boxes are left as they are.

Unless I missed a post somewhere, I have not read HOW map drops have ruined the game's economy. There is about to be a major influx of maps into Standard League. I am willing to bet that the economy will adjust.

That said, I was farming the corrupted area in Docks last night and hit a Cartographer's Box for 24 maps. A bit ecessive? Sure, but I have never seen anything like it before and consider it an anomaly. Of course they were all lvl 66 but I was so shocked I pooped a little.
Hope they don't make them as rare as the Wealth mod...
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info