What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

On carto boxes:

Playing high level maps always give me a very irritating and stressful feeleing until (at least) a same level map drops, which is not the kind of fun I'd like to experience while playing a game. However I hope that GGG finds some balanced solution, because the other extreme is equally bad for the game.

When high level maps are so cheap, no one would ever be required to roll difficult mods on them, which will drastically make endgame easier. I like to make builds that can make (nearly) every map mod, and I like running difficult maps with 100+% IIQ, but I feel that the game isn't rewarding enough for this (or it's just me being very unlucky).

Maybe the map difficulty should determine the chance of a carto box being spawn, and the number of maps dropped from them.
Maybe the way to implement the invasion bosses would be to keep them as difficult as they were initially BUT have the rate at which they spawn reflect their difficulty.

I mean you have to have really shitty luck, critical failure, 1 in 20 or even less chance to meet something like judgement apparatus.

That way you are always wary and on edge. Most of the time it's unwarranted (you see some vaal constructs but there's nothing else out there, right?) but it will keep things tense and keep players paying attention.

(Edit: Just to expand on this. I know that you guys said that stash tabs are the biggest seller. Have the invasion bosses also drop some sort of trophy item. Purely ornamental, kept in your stash. Have the chances of encountering the deadliest creatures be -very rare- (I mean you'll see Judgement Apparatus as often as an exalt drop but they also drop trophy items that maybe can be displayed in your profile showcase and kept in stash - no bonuses or anything like that. Just bragging rights... e.g. Ossecati's Skull, that one ebony legion bro with flame strike probably has a mark or a medal showing him to be a champion of the legion, the bandit with bear traps - you could take his scalp etc. - A unique trophy for each monster.

I don't wanna let this go... I honesty think there's something more to the invasion bosses than areas that didn't have unique bosses now get one and they may be a race mod. They have a place in the actual game imo retaining the initial concept of them being lethal.

They had to be frequent in invasion because they were obviously the focus. That's where the problem was. Make them like the new Alien game where chances are decent that you don't encounter this creature but the feeling that they are out there, hunting and you could run into them is always a concern.

Btw, I hate to see the Vaal Caress gauntlets go. I know, not many people used them but was it possible to corrupt a +2 to Vaal gems for a total of +4 on them? If it was hell i'd use them :|
Last edited by VortexNomad on Jul 4, 2014, 4:49:57 AM
I agree with the monster types vs zone types. They should be left behind with no return - or only as map mode (mob diversity). But for general zones, it's somehow weird to see certain mob types in zones that are absolutely without any background. Like having Monkeys incity districts or Fire dogs, well, everywhere.

It somehow breaks the zone lore (even if i don't care about lore that much, i think it's a valid point).

I think Invasion bosses should be kept in the game, but with respawn rate similar to Exiles. Sometimes it's fun to be shocked how quickly the life/es pool goes down without adequate preparation. Sure, Cruel+ only :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
I agree with the monster types vs zone types. They should be left behind with no return - or only as map mode (mob diversity). But for general zones, it's somehow weird to see certain mob types in zones that are absolutely without any background. Like having Monkeys incity districts or Fire dogs, well, everywhere.

It somehow breaks the zone lore (even if i don't care about lore that much, i think it's a valid point).

I think Invasion bosses should be kept in the game, but with respawn rate similar to Exiles. Sometimes it's fun to be shocked how quickly the life/es pool goes down without adequate preparation. Sure, Cruel+ only :)

They did the same thing in D2 and it kinda ruined the immersion for me. I hope GGG rethinks this change. I dont want to see undying grapplers in coves for example.
+1 to people who think Stronboxes should NOT be nerfed.

That's a really bad decision IMHO.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
delete carto boxes pls... i saw ppl dropping 20 maps 77-78 from 1 carto while running 75... and it was not that long ago... and maybe let us roll more like this ->
YOU EVEN DONT WANNA KNOW WHAT WAS INSIDE THIS BOX :|||
bye bye standard economy. this will make sc even more like ambush, maps will not be worth to roll, coz buying new one will be cheaper than rolling...
carto should be as rare as kaom drop.

..// edit

i used to grind 12-14h and there could be 3 days w/e carto box while in day i would spawn 3 in a row and 2 another in next 6h... dunno if its bad or good luck but it should be fixed somehow, like u did with ilvl req on few end-g uniques. there should be limit to if so... ;/
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Jul 4, 2014, 8:01:52 AM
Next time you enter Ledge to farm some safe exp (:

Topkek
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
+1 to people who think Stronboxes should NOT be nerfed.

That's a really bad decision IMHO.

+2

Strongboxes are the best thing that was ever added to this game.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
"
Other League-Specific Content
The new progression of quivers has been successful. Our current plan is to introduce them to the core game when these leagues end and stop the old quivers from dropping at that point.

I'm confused. Does that mean Drillneck and Rearguard will go legacy?

Also -1 to Strongbox nerfs.
"
0llowain wrote:
"
Other League-Specific Content
The new progression of quivers has been successful. Our current plan is to introduce them to the core game when these leagues end and stop the old quivers from dropping at that point.

I'm confused. Does that mean Drillneck and Rearguard will go legacy?

Also -1 to Strongbox nerfs.

The old quivers go legacy not the new ones. Unique ones will also not drop.

And plus 1 to carto nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info