What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

"
Antnee wrote:
All I can say is, please don't diminish the role of strongboxes. You hit a home-run there.

Solo players, and especially new players benefit HUGELY from these. The Economy will adjust to whatever you throw at it. But, these two subsets of players need to be able to quickly get into the game, and strongboxes do exactly that.

This.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Chris wrote:

Ambush League
The ambush chests are great fun and will be integrated into the core game. Their spawn rate will probably be reduced slightly, and we'll have to rebalance how Cartographers ones work in end-game Maps (currently they're incredibly effective at dropping higher maps - this is an experiment we're currently willing to let run its course).

I want to highlight what another poster earlier in this thread said to ensure that it isn't missed.

"
TGeorge wrote:
I've been playing since closed beta and it's been the same every league. I start playing a character, get it up to around level 85, get some good gear, higher level maps never drop, quit. This usually took 2-3 weeks at most.

Sure there were some improvements and the max level of sustainable maps increased a little but I still hadn't seen a level 75+ map outside of trading. Until Ambush and strongboxes. It's been more than 3 weeks since it started and I still don't intend to stop playing because I really enjoy having high level maps to run and because I really like the strongboxes. They are fun and I feel they have a good risk to reward ratio (which can also be adjusted through currencies) compared to the rest of the game.

And now you want to nerf (let's stop the pretty lies we all know 'rebalance' means nerf in this case) them? I don't get it. Just like I didn't get the exile nerfs that made them go from nigh-impossible without a combination of good spec and good gear to dying from AoE before you could notice they are even there.

To be honest I would rather have the XP required to level in the 85-90 ranged increased rather than having maps not drop again. Or have the map drop rate weighted a LOT more towards quantity percentage rather than RNG.

Despite the lack of map progression in the previous leagues I still came back to the game. But after getting a taste of what it would be like if maps actually dropped and then have it taken away? I don't know, it might be too much for me.

I guess I should just enjoy the glory days while they last because it does indeed seem that no good thing lasts forever.

This is how a majority of the people will feel if these are taken away, nerfed into oblivion just to balance the "economy". Forget the economy for a second and make sure the players have the tools they need to be successful and have FUN at higher levels without it feeling painful. The economy WILL adjust and having more maps will only make the game better - not worse.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on May 17, 2014, 5:15:17 AM
"
Jihoko wrote:
When maps are too plentiful, you get inflation which is bad for the game.

When maps are too plentiful they become cheaper, so that's deflation, not inflation.
So if inflation is bad for the game, deflation is good for the game, right?
Right, so you're saying Cartographer's Boxes are good for the game.
I agree.
Yes, too many maps are dropping this days...:|
I bought 10 lvl 76 maps...did them all and the result was 2 more 76 and one 78...the rest just crappy low lvl 72-73.
Never saw a carto box eider in all 13 runs.
Also nothing useful to sell...
Now i'm back on running low level again and again and again...
Awesome feeling indeed.

Just give a f* reward after finish to clean the entire map of mobs, one same lvl map...
*ffs. Stop killing the fun with weird ideas.
Listen to who has left playing this game for once. Until is not too late.

edit:

Also, this 4 months league model wont bring back many players in the future...stats don't lie.
They should apply the normal/cruel/merciless model to leagues...
All players should start in Standard then advance further in better league after killing the last boss Atziri.
High ranked leagues with better drops/items/monsters and improved AI and gameplay.
The last league also should include pvp with huge maps where players can fight each other for bosses and mobs...bla bla.
This could keep players for a very long time and not only for 1-2 months like it is now.

Just an idea.
Last edited by xmvmx on May 19, 2014, 11:35:12 AM
"
xmvmx wrote:
All players should start in Standard then advance further in better league after killing the last boss Atziri.
High ranked leagues with better drops/items/monsters and improved AI and gameplay.
So beginning players will have to eat sh*t in their crapnoob league with almost no chance to beat Atziri because of no drop.
While older players who did it while standart/HC was "good" (compared to your proposal) will get even more fun.
Great idea, yeah. That will definitely bring in more players, no question about that.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
xmvmx wrote:

edit:
Also, this 4 months league model wont bring back many players in the future...stats don't lie.
The last league also should include pvp with huge maps where players can fight each other for bosses and mobs...bla bla.
This could keep players for a very long time and not only for 1-2 months like it is now.

Just an idea.

2. ??????
3. Profit

No offense, but this suggestion makes no sense at all.

"
Just give a f* reward after finish to clean the entire map of mobs, one same lvl map...

Nope.

"
I bought 10 lvl 76 maps...did them all and the result was 2 more 76 and one 78...the rest just crappy low lvl 72-73.

Were they white rarity? Cuz I have a feeling they were.

On topic, I think cart boxes SHOULD actually spawn more often on maps. Nerf crazy drops a little, so they can be a little more reliable. And what do you get? Currency sink + problem with maps not being too rare... for some people :V

Also: Same quality maps stacking + 1000000. I can't just say enough how annoying it is to find maps with their less-than-unique icons. Allow them to be stacked 3 or 9 times, so you can either upgrade one stack to +1 level, or +2. (or even 27 for +3?)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
xmvmx wrote:

edit:

Just an idea.

2. ??????
3. Profit

No offense, but this suggestion makes no sense at all.

"

Nope.

"

Were they white rarity? Cuz I have a feeling they were.

On topic, I think cart boxes SHOULD actually spawn more often on maps. Nerf crazy drops a little, so they can be a little more reliable. And what do you get? Currency sink + problem with maps not being too rare... for some people :V

Also: Same quality maps stacking + 1000000. I can't just say enough how annoying it is to find maps with their less-than-unique icons. Allow them to be stacked 3 or 9 times, so you can either upgrade one stack to +1 level, or +2. (or even 27 for +3?)

POE as it is right now is very very repetitive.
League of Legends has the same type of system, advancing in a better league after winning some matches. Profit...yes , huge.
You know what feeling i have when i know the current Ambush league will end and i will be thrown in the Standard one...sadness. Probably i will quit the game.
To start all over again, only to play the same 3x3 acts and with the same feeling of ending ...pure nonsense.
People tend to care of their chars/items/builds, but what POE does right now, is forcing players to quit what they like and try "something new"...aka new builds,new ladders.

Anyway, nothing will change, so the very idea of reducing the map drop when this is the only thing that keeps players in game , i found it very stupid.

Have fun,
From what i got with playing with strongboxes is that they drop all junk items that are only good for people who have no gear at all

Id say just don't put them in the game at all if 1600% iir boxes still only drop junk every time you open them

Then again i didn't make it that high and im sure i didn't open all types
Buff chance orbs and strongboxes.
Cartographers Boxes are probably the only thing im looking foward to have in regular leagues :'(
ign: ALLRAUDER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info