What's Being Kept from Ambush/Invasion? (Updated July 4)

"
Iusia wrote:
invasion mobs might work better if they invaded after 50%+ all mobs in the current area have been killed or there was some way of telling which mob was invading from the start so at the very least you could choose not to fight them.

nice idea. give us some randomly respawned mobs would make the theme Invasion perfect.

And I even hope the dev will introduce new mechanics that the mobs will fight each other when idle, like the background story legions are fighting ribbons, monkeys are fighting snakes, cannibals are fighting other packs.
"
BesucherXia wrote:
And I even hope the dev will introduce new mechanics that the mobs will fight each other when idle, like the background story legions are fighting ribbons, monkeys are fighting snakes, cannibals are fighting other packs.
Totally agree. BTW, it'll make the game even more hardcore. "No XP for you, that ribbons are our prey!"
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
How about adding some unique strongboxes that, when opened, get you ambushed by a unique invading boss (plus invading monsters)?
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
The idea to implement boxes in game is great. BUT then the droprate from gems or maps should be verry low in the gore game. If not there will be to much stuff without any advantage and i hate to see thousend of useless items all around. If this with boxes continue the opening from boxes isnt funny.

To implement monsters like invasion in the normal game is bullshit.

the reason is, you implement map only rules in normal game contend and this is for
casual player s not funny. the better way i see is to maks maps with level 20 an higher to implement the invasion rules in such a way.
But i like to know what to expect in a game area. If i like to be suprised i make a map.

This system i like verry much. And when you implement the invasion monster contend in the normal game this differentiation is gone. What for me take a lot of spirit out of the game.

By the way i dont like the exiles. They are annoying to fight sometimes and with some builds its a joke and with other builds you can only run away.
And if you nerf them down, so that you can fight them with all builds its not funny.

If the loot is appropriate, then its funny to fight 5 min or more with dangerous exiles and then having a great feeling looking the loot. But for now mostly the loot is totaly garbage and i make piety runs if i like loot, and maps if i need xp. So for me the exiles are a garbage product from the leage and i can understand that implement them in core game, because you have so much programming investment what is for the rubbish bin.

Shtines i mostly ignore. They are mostly annoying and only to kill many monsters arround them. Only divine and restience are sometime helpful. but they dont disturb me so ic can ignore them.

I like things to make the game colorful but hate things to only make something.

I hope you have an eye on the spirit from the game. And not make them a conglomeration of funny things without any sense.

only my little input.

And english is not my native language and i try hard to transfer my mind into this strange language :-) so if there a failure please see over them.
"

By the way i dont like the exiles. They are annoying to fight sometimes and with some builds its a joke and with other builds you can only run away.
And if you nerf them down, so that you can fight them with all builds its not funny.

If the loot is appropriate, then its funny to fight 5 min or more with dangerous exiles and then having a great feeling looking the loot. But for now mostly the loot is totaly garbage and i make piety runs if i like loot, and maps if i need xp. So for me the exiles are a

opening chests with random exile in it is exciting i think. sometimes its a hard exile and
you have to watch out. in teams they can provide quite a big challenge because of the increased healthpoints.
anyways, its impossible to make them drop really good loot because they are way too common and
with good builds u can kill them very fast (even if it takes 5 min for some players)

im liking that they drop a "few extra bonus rares" on top of the other stuff u get in the maps so this should definitely not go away

i havent tried the invasion stuff so i cant comment on that, but for casual players this could be a surprise they arent happy with if it would be in the core game
just imagine they "happily" travelling their road and suddenly a very tough boss appears that has nothing to do with the area and kills them
imagine getting killed by that a few times, thats not fun for casual players and they will probably just leave the game

"
Pesegato wrote:
How about adding some unique strongboxes that, when opened, get you ambushed by a unique invading boss (plus invading monsters)?

+1

If there was a strongbox mod that spawns invasion bosses people would know what they're getting into and if they don't like the challenge they can skip or re-roll the box.
Except why would you pick an invasion boss over good chance for rare loot?

This would be a good one if the Invasion boss has a even higher chance for good loot.
Last edited by Startkabels on Apr 23, 2014, 12:47:09 PM
"
Ascendic wrote:
The whole 'guest monster' thing takes away from each area's uniqueness turning it into somewhat of a random mess with nothing to differentiate one area of the game from the next. The whole system should be removed imo.

QFT. I don't think this angle is getting enough love in all the bickering about game mechanics. My main problem with Invasion is actually an aesthetic one -- when any monster can show up anywhere, the areas feel sort of random and cartoonish and goofy. I like the distinctive worlds of jungle, bog, desert, and so on that make Wraeclast so beautiful and satisfying to play in, and if the whole thing just becomes this weird hodgepodge then it'll be a lot less appealing to me. Whether you keep the bosses or not (I don't care that much), please consider getting rid of that "zany" aspect of Invasion.
"Come to me, exile. Let us speak of death and desync."
I think a good compromise would be: let cartographer's be as common as they are currently in Ambush, BUT also make sure that they automatically always spawn 1 invasion boss on top of their regular Ambush spawn.

People like to be able to build their map pools on their own without relying on trading. Cartographer's box solved a lot of the issues. Perhaps the risk is not high enough, but that's solved by letting the spawn a guaranteed invasion boss on top of their regular spawn.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
I think a good compromise would be: let cartographer's be as common as they are currently in Ambush, BUT also make sure that they automatically always spawn 1 invasion boss on top of their regular Ambush spawn.

People like to be able to build their map pools on their own without relying on trading. Cartographer's box solved a lot of the issues. Perhaps the risk is not high enough, but that's solved by letting the spawn a guaranteed invasion boss on top of their regular spawn.

Yes, because getting killed by an invasion boss during the ridiculous lag spike that occurs every time you open a box will be so much fun!

The cart boxes should be left alone. We shouldn't have to grind low level content for hours upon hours just to run the occasional high-level map. That's NOT fun. I'm actually enjoying Ambush a lot. Hate to see things go back to anywhere close to how it was before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info