1.1.2b Update Deployed!

"
In the patch notes, we've tried to include more context than normal, explaining the reasons for balance changes. Is this something that you'd like us to do with each patch?

Definitely. I'd still like to know why, after 2 alleged buffs, midnight droprate is still as bad as ever. People are quitting the game in frustration over this. I don't think that was the intent behind the new content, but if it was I'd love to see an explanation for it.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I can already see into the insight of why each balance change was ever made, was made.. But I guess it'd help these people who can't step into the mind of GGG to know why. ~.^
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
In the patch notes, we've tried to include more context than normal, explaining the reasons for balance changes. Is this something that you'd like us to do with each patch?

Definitely. I'd still like to know why, after 2 alleged buffs, midnight droprate is still as bad as ever. People are quitting the game in frustration over this. I don't think that was the intent behind the new content, but if it was I'd love to see an explanation for it.

What's the point to learn why they changed something if it does not exist at the moment a patch has been deployed? It can't be taken in account anymore. On the other hand, you don't know about issues until they report they fixed it. So it has no sense too. Also all past issues has no sence for newcomers. The only valuable information is what's going on right now and this is already written in the patch notes.
Last edited by cuss on Apr 17, 2014, 3:12:44 AM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
it'd help these people who can't step into the mind of GGG to know why. ~.^

What a nonsense! How can it help me to play now if I learn why (not what!) they already changed X to Y? How?!
Last edited by cuss on Apr 17, 2014, 3:13:51 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Yes please. A bit of context goes a long way towards minimizing "omg nerf" alarmism.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I like the extra context, and would love to see more on future patches :).
"
Chris wrote:

Hell yes.

If this was in response to a suggestion on forum from a week ago I'm glad to see somebody's reading that.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"

+100

Yes please! I think this really shows that you as developers care for the players. It would explain nerfs (and buffs) and would take care of a lot of qq threads I'd assume :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"

While this is nice for most of players, i personally like the unknown and to figure out myself the patch/balance changes..i think its more exciting! :)

Anyways good stuff as always Chris!

Beta Member Since 2010
Writing the reasons behind balance changes:

Yes please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info