Client-server Action Synchronisation

"
silumit wrote:
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
If these paths are sent to the client
Hell, the servers don't even send positions of monsters using active skills in immediate vicinity of player (just search for anuhart piety desync video), and you suggest sending entire paths? Not going to happen ever.
Who knows? In the means of a server load it's anyway better than players constantly requesting resync.
BTW, is there any way to force resync without opening chat window? I'd make AHK script that would do it every 1-2 seconds to make everything smooth.
>Who knows? In the means of a server load it's anyway better than players constantly requesting resync.
/oos is allowed once in no less than 10 seconds AFAIR, so server load with /oos every 10 seconds is still less than "constant" position updating

>BTW, is there any way to force resync without opening chat window?
it is chat command, so i think no

>I'd make AHK script that would do it every 1-2 seconds to make everything smooth.
1)it is forbidden
2)/oos have 10 secoinds cooldown
3)constant manual resync will only result in even more stuttering
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:

>I'd make AHK script that would do it every 1-2 seconds to make everything smooth.
1)it is forbidden
Why is it forbidden? There's no difference if I call it with Enter-UP-Enter or with a button press.
And why more stuttering? Calling it manually usually helps when a large pack moves at you over complicated terrain.
"

Dont be so entitled. You didnt donate to get certain things done. You donated out of good will. if you did it for any other reason i pity you.

Desync is here to stay, deal with it. Dont use desyncish skills and use AHK for /oos.

Well, start pitying me then. I gave money in support to help with the development of a game I truly LOVE, with the understanding that GGG was well aware of desync and was working on ways to minimize it. That was over a year ago.

I want to play this game. But each time I log in, it is usually a matter of a few maps and I am disgusted. I can overlook ALL of the other reasons people complain about this game. But desync truly ruins a game a want to play so very badly.

So call it entitlement, call it whatever you want. I don't care anymore. Whatever label you wish to put on me, the fact remains that I am a very VERY disappointed supporter.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
Why is it forbidden? There's no difference if I call it with Enter-UP-Enter or with a button press.
i think there is a misunderstanding
/oos that is invoked automatically by timer is forbidden
/oos that is invoked (with both enters ofc) manually by pressing macro key is allowed
search the forum if you don't believe me, devs stated it somewhere

"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
And why more stuttering? Calling it manually usually helps when a large pack moves at you over complicated terrain.
Yes it helps, but do you remember exactly what happens on screen when /oos is executed? Now think what you will see when it is being executed every 2 seconds.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jul 29, 2014, 10:43:29 PM
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
"
silumit wrote:

1)it is forbidden
Automated scripts are not allowed, manually activated scripts are fine. So the timer idea would not be allowed but you can use a macro key which you must press yourself every time you want to trigger the /oos command.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I read the manifesto, and I see that there's a question on how other games handle this. I know it's bad manners to talk about your competition directly, but why don't you analyze how Diablo 3 or Diablo 2 handle it? Why is it always smooth in those games (black walls and minute desync issues in PvP don't really count, PvM was almost perfect anyway)? Why can't you — or why couldn't you do the same? Now, I know that there could have been reasons for that in the early stages of development, and I fully understand that, but at least explain it in direct comparison with ARPG titles that do everything well. Because the "cheats" that you mentioned don't apply to Diablo 2, for instance. Maybe there are other cheats?
Also, as far as security is concerned, duping was fixed in D2 quite successfully (granted, after a long stint of nonsense). Same for TPPK and other serious hacks. As for maphacks... Seriously, who cares if someone uses a maphack, as long as there are no desyncs?

PS: Sorry if this has been answered already, I haven't read the full thread yet. Please let me know if this question was answered before at some point.
Last edited by atrokkus on Jul 30, 2014, 7:21:25 PM
GGG can we get any insight on what is happening? What happened to the improved communication?
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
I agree topics in the manifesto need an update
Update please, not playing until desync is FIXED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info