Client-server Action Synchronisation

:) that is a bit dramaqueen, is it killing you that much?
Update would be nice!
"
Startkabels wrote:

When it has killed most of the dead players in the top 50 players in the 1MHC league, and two of the top ten in the past few days.. Yes. Yes it is killing us that much.

edit: added dead players to clarify
Last edited by gcfbrian on Aug 2, 2014, 5:28:57 AM
Update anytime soon?
"
gcfbrian wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

When it has killed most of the dead players in the top 50 players in the 1MHC league, and two of the top ten in the past few days.. Yes. Yes it is killing us that much.

Have proof?
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
gcfbrian wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

Have proof?

Yeah, pull up the ladder in the 1MHC race. Look at Fireknights channel. Here's a link to the reddit thread about #6's death, and one of the worst cases of desync I've ever seen in the game period. http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ccywx/rip_rank_6_desync_is_big_in_this_one/

Desync kills most of the players at that level of gameplay. With the players in those upper ranks having figured out so much of the game, the very few instances that WOULD kill them are drastically outnumbered by the number of deaths caused by desync. It's grossly common, and just trying to sweep it under the rug with "is it killing you that much?" is disappointing.

Dom's 1MHC desync death - http://www.twitch.tv/fireknight747/c/4791337

This guy gets hit by a flameblast while outside of it, chunking him for a huge percentage of his life, then dies to atziri's other set of attacks moments later. He had just resynced his client prior to getting hit by the FB@1:11 - http://www.twitch.tv/fite_gg/c/4761001

There are many other people who don't have vod's or that stream that have died to similar things.
"
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Now that the manifesto is updated to show that constant resync isn't a strain on the servers, why is there a 10 second cooldown on /oos still?

If the players end up making things worse by using it too much or while moving, that's up to them, but the playerbase already adapts their gameplay around desync. Eventually people will learn when and how to use /oos right. The current cooldown just means macros doing it automatically asap, which can lead to it being entered while the player is moving or attacking which is probably worse than a player who uses it every other second but only when standing still.

I'd like to have an explanation as to why the cooldown is still there.

It states that if the servers are under too much load the gameplay will be unaffected for existing instances but no new instances can be generated. That is probably what was happening when there was no limit on /oos.

Chris said that their servers are capable and that a subscription would not be necessary to maintain costs. If what you suggest really is the case then again, I'd happily pay money to be able to /oos every second.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Spoiler
"
gcfbrian wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
gcfbrian wrote:

Have proof?

Yeah, pull up the ladder in the 1MHC race. Look at Fireknights channel. Here's a link to the reddit thread about #6's death, and one of the worst cases of desync I've ever seen in the game period. http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ccywx/rip_rank_6_desync_is_big_in_this_one/

Desync kills most of the players at that level of gameplay. With the players in those upper ranks having figured out so much of the game, the very few instances that WOULD kill them are drastically outnumbered by the number of deaths caused by desync. It's grossly common, and just trying to sweep it under the rug with "is it killing you that much?" is disappointing.

Dom's 1MHC desync death - http://www.twitch.tv/fireknight747/c/4791337

This guy gets hit by a flameblast while outside of it, chunking him for a huge percentage of his life, then dies to atziri's other set of attacks moments later. He had just resynced his client prior to getting hit by the FB@1:11 - http://www.twitch.tv/fite_gg/c/4761001

There are many other people who don't have vod's or that stream that have died to similar things.

I really doubt if everything you say is really true. Yes, people might desync and die but would they not have died when they would have not desynced for example.

I'm sure there are examples of cases where players probably would have lived without desync but that doesn't mean most players die because of it.

Even if what you said about high level players was true, so desync is mostly an issue for high level players that would not likely die without something like desync interfering (which I doubt), I wouldn't say that is the majority of players actually.

"
Wooser69 wrote:
I'd happily pay money to be able to /oos every second.

I think they're already looking into better resyncing.
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 9, 2014, 3:47:23 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:

Yes, people might desync and die but would they not have died when they would have not desynced for example.

They most likely wouldn't have died if they could trust what was on their damn screen. If the enemy positions they saw on the screen were 100% accurate, they could make life-saving judgement calls reliably.

I'm sure there are examples of cases where players probably would have lived without desync but that doesn't mean most players die because of it.

Desynch will always take part of the blame, regardless of player action, because it is always, always present.

Even if what you said about high level players was true, so desync is mostly an issue for high level players that would not likely die without something like desync interfering (which I doubt), I wouldn't say that is the majority of players actually.

Desynch affects literally everyone in some way, shape, or form. It just seems to affect high level players more often because of multiple reasons: You hear about it in their forum posts, acts and maps with ridiculous monster speeds and abilities, and completely imbalanced and/or broken late-game builds. Assuming this isn't a problem for new players is wishful ignorance.
Response in bold.
"
Boatsniper wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

Desynch affects literally everyone in some way, shape, or form. It just seems to affect high level players more often because of multiple reasons: You hear about it in their forum posts, acts and maps with ridiculous monster speeds and abilities, and completely imbalanced and/or broken late-game builds. Assuming this isn't a problem for new players is wishful ignorance.
In short: because the higher level you go, the higher goes the cost of mistake. And when this "mistake" is not player's fault, but "just happened" "because the speed of light is finite"(what a BS excuse btw), it's just revolting.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info