You want PoE to get better? Please don't duplicate existing threads.

c and d as i said is the main reasons.
I remember gd,being cleaner than it is now and i remember also the main reason that chris want it as loose as possible.

It was due to a faulty thread lock,without proper and justifiable explanation,which caused public outrage.

But also since then i see the trend you speak about(suggestion cesspool etc)and a general feeling of 'fk it,they will be bored of posting new threads and will be dead at sometime'

so yes,i know how irritating is to constantly moderate by dedicated forum team,but i see what happens right now and its not pleasant at all

there is no middle ground.either you moderate hard by certain rules and eventually have the equilibrium you want,or loosely moderate and have this pitiful toxic rampart forums we have now
Bye bye desync!
"
Uhm, yes.

sorry maybe is to late here to understand.

You agree with what i am saying or sarcasm?(or wont bother anymore? :) )
Bye bye desync!
heh nice example. :)

I just felt this thread as an opportunity to tell what is wrong with the forums lately.

I think also after all this conversation that this thread is specific feedback rather than a general discussion.

I would like to know more opinions on this matter and suggestions,so you and the rest of the team maybe reapproach this matter from a different perspective.
Bye bye desync!
Honestly, the best way to stop the same issues from being posted over and over again is to solve them.

Granted, there will always be a small fraction of players who will always complain about something, be it that they don't feel they get enough drops or that the game is too hard on them, yet that is not the main issue i think, it is more than glaring issues have not been addressed or even mentioned for ages in conjunction with an increased amount of active posters that has caused a state of chaos.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
And the "most of the time" part is dubious. I'll grant it's pretty close to 50%.

What really matters is what the people posting believe, not if they are really saying something new. You cannot blame people for being ignorant, sometimes everyone thinks they came up with something no one else said or thought before, but rarely is that the case.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

was the pic neccesary to the whole thread?

We are expressing opinions to make forum expierience better.

We dont trying to figure who is right or wrong
Bye bye desync!
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:
If we were to focus on adding to discussion on existing threads instead of creating a new one each and every time someone else encounters an already reported issue, perhaps there would be less need for GGG to have so many support staff, and they could actually spend their time and money on addressing the issues instead of babysitting the forums.

Ah I get it. GGG is aware of all the issues, so we shouldn't mention them further. The status of said issues is irrelevant, since they have been brought in the past already.

Makes sense. The grin and bear it mentality.

Also keep in mind the extremely small fraction of players that actually decide to post on said issues. Quite frankly if no one posted in those new threads they would just die on their own, and GGG wouldn't have to administrate anything.

The problem is the issues are not fixed, GGG says nothing, and white knights have the balls to ask people to shut up about dead topics.

I'm sorry, until many of these issues are resolved or at least given some sort of planned developmental strategy, I have no issue with people sharing their thoughts in a public forum. If they turn out to be troll topics with no interest, they will die off on their own. If they are hot button issues, discussion will continue. This is how a "forum" works.

thumbs up, bump +1
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Garr0t wrote:
If we were to focus on adding to discussion on existing threads instead of creating a new one each and every time someone else encounters an already reported issue, perhaps there would be less need for GGG to have so many support staff, and they could actually spend their time and money on addressing the issues instead of babysitting the forums.

While what you say does have some inkling of logic, if we add 1 post to a 100+ page thread on a topic that may have been started over a year ago and to date which has not been commented on or addressed in any way by a high level GGG dev that can influence future PoE development, then we feel like our post in an old huge thread is just another drop in the ocean and is quickly overlooked. So making a new thread puts it front and center for a short time, and a little longer if the new thread on an old topic (ie. desync anyone) gets some traction and starts a new round of debate.

Based on a recent brief comment by Chris yesterday in a Reddit PoE post I am reminded of a post some time last year where some one observed that Chris reads PoE feedback on Reddit more than he does in the official PoE forums. I guess that means we're mostly wasting our time posting here and should be posting more on the Reddit PoE forum. That's sad that the GGG lead developer spends more time on Reddit than his own website forums. Some one also suggested (although that may just be anecdotal) that there are more positive than negative posts on Reddit. I find the PoE forums website layout to be much easier to read than the eye straining blue text on a white background of Reddit. The darker background here is definitely better on my eyes.

Note: I just got this message "you are doing that too much. try again in 5 minutes." on Reddit. I was just commenting on a 2nd post. I guess Reddit doesn't want you to post very often. Strange.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 14, 2014, 10:00:18 PM
"
elwindakos wrote:
was the pic neccesary to the whole thread?

We are expressing opinions to make forum expierience better.

We dont trying to figure who is right or wrong

You probably just misunderstood my intention. This is not about you, nor necessarily about anyone in this whole thread, but it does make a clear point about why things are the way they are. I don't really have the tendency to derail threads or intentionally troll with meaningless garbage, though posts containing wise information (especially when formed in at first glance tricky way) are usually frowned upon as arrogant and/or provocative by insulting the readers intelligence.

And it is not that way just on the internet.

Either way, without further ado, I apologize if I offended you.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I find it disappointing that a number of people quoted a post that is indirectly accusatory and holds no intrinsic message in and of itself beyond describing the current state of affairs.

The rationale behind not creating a new, duplicate thread on same topics has many connotations, none of which stifle opinion, and is in no way belittling or disparaging other's thoughts.

If people take the time to search for a related thread, I would hope that there will be some effort undertaken to read through the threads to first see if a similar, if not identical position has been stated. This provides a concrete statistic that increases credibility of the position because it can now be shown that the same concept came from more than a single individual.

Finding an older thread serves to demonstrate the age of the concern, which brings to prominence just how long the matter has been outstanding.

Taking the time to carefully read other posts and threads will inform the reader, which may save the reader the effort of posting something because they may find an answer.

The outcome of this will be a more concise forum that allows GGG to more easily identify/isolate matters that the greater population would like addressed. As already mentioned, topics that warrant attention/discussion will invariably filter to the top, and the poorly worded or irrelevant topics drop into obscurity. If a little effort is undertaken before posting, one could easily identify whether their concern has momentum or if it has already been (or being) addressed, or if it may warrant further thought and strengthening of position so it does not meet an untimely demise due to misunderstanding or apathy.

Lastly, criticism can be powerful, but only if an alternate avenue or solution quickly follows. Criticism alone does nothing to improve the state of affairs and only demonstrates a shallow thought process.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info