You want PoE to get better? Please don't duplicate existing threads.

If we were to focus on adding to discussion on existing threads instead of creating a new one each and every time someone else encounters an already reported issue, perhaps there would be less need for GGG to have so many support staff, and they could actually spend their time and money on addressing the issues instead of babysitting the forums.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Garr0t wrote:
If we were to focus on adding to discussion on existing threads instead of creating a new one each and every time someone else encounters an already reported issue, perhaps there would be less need for GGG to have so many support staff, and they could actually spend their time and money on addressing the issues instead of babysitting the forums.

Ah I get it. GGG is aware of all the issues, so we shouldn't mention them further. The status of said issues is irrelevant, since they have been brought in the past already.

Makes sense. The grin and bear it mentality.

Also keep in mind the extremely small fraction of players that actually decide to post on said issues. Quite frankly if no one posted in those new threads they would just die on their own, and GGG wouldn't have to administrate anything.

The problem is the issues are not fixed, GGG says nothing, and white knights have the balls to ask people to shut up about dead topics.

I'm sorry, until many of these issues are resolved or at least given some sort of planned developmental strategy, I have no issue with people sharing their thoughts in a public forum. If they turn out to be troll topics with no interest, they will die off on their own. If they are hot button issues, discussion will continue. This is how a "forum" works.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Ah I get it. GGG is aware of all the issues, so we shouldn't mention them further. The status of said issues is irrelevant, since they have been brought in the past already.

Also keep in mind the extremely small fraction of players that actually decide to post on said issues. Quite frankly if no one posted in those new threads they would just die on their own, and GGG wouldn't have to administrate anything.

The problem is the issues are not fixed, GGG says nothing, and white knights have the balls to ask people to shut up about dead topics.

I'm sorry, until many of these issues are resolved or at least given some sort of planned developmental strategy, I have no issue with people sharing their thoughts in a public forum. If they turn out to be troll topics with no interest, they will die off on their own. If they are hot button issues, discussion will continue. This is how a "forum" works.

/applause
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
Last edited by Firecrest5 on Apr 14, 2014, 2:49:23 PM
"
Garr0t wrote:

You must understand that a lot of people criticizing the game do so primarily to reap attention of like-minded people, the health of the game is secondary to them (at best). I would give specific examples but that would be namecalling I guess. One big hint is when the OP makes several feedback threads in General Discussion and when the threads rightfully get moved to Feedback he becomes angry and accuses GGG of censorship and cries about how oppressed he feels ('muh freedum' syndrome). This shows that OP was never interested in a discussion, he only wanted attention (you get most attention in GD, obviously).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:

Standing Ovation!!! Right on the money with this one! In fact, I'm one of the guys that rarely post on here but decided to make 2 in "General Discussion" and they got immediately moved to "Feedback". Good thing more and more people are starting to read each forum section.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
Xavderion wrote:
You must understand that a lot of people criticizing the game do so primarily to reap attention of like-minded people, the health of the game is secondary to them (at best). I would give specific examples but that would be namecalling I guess. One big hint is when the OP makes several feedback threads in General Discussion and when the threads rightfully get moved to Feedback he becomes angry and accuses GGG of censorship and cries about how oppressed he feels ('muh freedum' syndrome). This shows that OP was never interested in a discussion, he only wanted attention (you get most attention in GD, obviously).

I don't really see how someone being upset that their complaint was moved to BFE makes their point less valid or proves that they don't really care about the game. How are you connecting these things?
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
"
Firecrest5 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I don't really see how someone being upset that their complaint was moved to BFE makes their point less valid or proves that they don't really care about the game. How are you connecting these things?

Interesting interpretation of my post ;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:

That's not what he's saying at all. He didn't say "hey, shut up about your complaining," he said "if there is already a thread for it, put your post there." In other words, it's not about censorship, it's about organization. As a community, it is important for our collective voice to be organized in order to communicate effectively. The more disorganized we are, the more likely it is GGG will not be aware of all the issues, because certain issues will get drowned out in a din of chaos. GGG is even trying to keep us as organized as possible, to help themselves hear voices which would otherwise be lost to that chaos — that's what Garrot calls "babysitting the forums" (not the term I'd use, but whatever).

Instead, there are all too many forumers so focused on their own need for attention and recognition that they continually create new threads on the same issues, trying to drown out the voices of others so that their voice can be the one which is listened to. They might say they are trying to help the game by offering criticism, and some of them do want to make the game better, but their actions prove that, when it comes to the forums itself, they don't care one bit about them and would watch them burn if it would help achieve their objectives. They fail to realize that healthy forums help players help improve Path of Exile better than sick forums do.

I'm not telling you to shut up; by all means, continue posting whatever it is you post. But for fuck's sake, try to be more organized about it. We really don't need three to five threads all essentially saying the same thing. If we stop having three or four threads saying the same thing, then we can have 15-20 issues on the front page of each forum, not 3 to 7 issues each repeated 3 to 5 times.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 14, 2014, 4:37:34 PM
OP doesnt say 'dont criticize GGG and PoE'. OP says if you want to have your critical points be evaluated and accounted for, than use current threads discussing the problem rather than scattering them to the wind and posting thread 1000000 and 1 on the topic.

damnit scrotie, that post was not there when I started this one, but I agree sir.

brb: making a new thread to talk about the points in this thread.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Apr 14, 2014, 4:37:47 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
damnit scrotie, that post was not there when I started this one, but I agree sir.

brb: making a new thread to talk about the points in this thread.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info