Another long-term player signing off.

I completely agree with you regarding the items and loot. I've recently got back into the game with some friends after a long break and I'm already feeling like the game doesn't reward anything I do, after less than a week of play. No matter how much effort I invest in the game, how many maps I run etc. I never feel like game rewarded me or like I've actually accomplished something. Say what you want about games like D3 or Torchlight, but at least those games make you feel satisfied. I never got that feeling from PoE sadly and that makes me sad because this game has SO MUCH potential.
It's just too damn grindy of a game. Boost the rare orb drop rates significantly. I want to use exalted orbs on gear instead of trade them. Boost unique drop rates of the rare ones.

Getting gear is what makes this game fun, so give us some.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
The game needs to drop more uniques. Period. It has over 200 uniques now available (237 to be exact!), and the drop rates are almost at the CB levels, when there were 20 uniques. You can run through 2 difficulties and maybe get one unique to drop.

I have thought the same thing recently. In closed beta I figured that once more uniques were added that we would so more drop over time. But that doesn't appear to have happened. It seems that GGG keeps lowering the overall drop rate as more and more uniques are added.

Unique drop rates are fine if it was truly random. The sht is this tiered bs, half of all uniques dropped can be named within a handfull of uniques probably (Blackgeam, Kaom's Sign etc.)
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Last edited by FullBlownDaddy on Apr 19, 2014, 3:41:11 AM
"
f3rret wrote:
Listen, I know I come off as abusive but fact of the matter is: this game is what the devs want it to be. If the drop rates were any higher than what they currently are then everyone would simply get all the items they want and then there would be no more motivation to keep playing.

Newsflash buddy, this has already happened with high level characters. The activity rate for characters 90+ in this game is pretty pathetic, in all honesty. People get to the mid-90s, get the gear they want, and lose motivation to play because the map system screws them out of maps, or they are unable to make any more progress without wasting hundreds of exalts in 'crafting' attempts, or they look back and see how ridiculous the grind was to get to the 90s and think, "fuck that, I'm not doing that again."

You first make your game fun to play, then you worry about retention. You can't retain players if your game simply isn't rewarding and fun while playing. Sorry.
forums is the true end game.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Too much variance. 13 maps consectively and counting without a map the same or higher level dropping (including a carto box) so far. No item drops: OK, I give up on that; I'll level; NOPE! No map drops either. TY.
Last edited by theUnseen on Apr 19, 2014, 10:19:08 PM
"
bchan wrote:
I wonder where the game went in the wrong direction, that so many of you guys/gals from closed beta have left. All of you 'old timers' helped make this game but now don't enjoy what it has become.

Seeing a string of threads from closed beta members quitting for good, is really depressing.

Over focus on economy, trade and group play.
RNG which is easily removed with trade and group play but far too layered without.
A situation where one either trivialises the game or opts to miss out on content and features.
A potential hardcore aRPG which disallows itself from being so.

Many old timers will tell you these reasons were why they no longer play. Be it because they trivialised the game the way is intended and got bored, or refused to and got, well, got nowhere.
Many will not, likely because they don't realise it or don't want to admit it.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

RNG which is easily removed with trade and group play but far too layered without.
A situation where one either trivialises the game or opts to miss out on content and features.

Many old timers will tell you these reasons were why they no longer play. Be it because they trivialised the game the way is intended and got bored, or refused to and got, well, got nowhere.

This is pretty much it. I am of the latter category, 90% of the time I play solo, and I can count the number of times I've traded on one hand.

The game is extremely unrewarding as a solo self found player, but I didn't realize it that much at first due to the amount of character customization. But when I got tired of rerolling, and wanted to stick with one character for awhile, I started to see that no good gear actually drops. So after getting bored of finding nothing, I began planning a new character, and I realized that I've tried nearly every build that interested me, and I couldn't think of anything new that didn't require at least one unique that i did not possess.

I look at items like Shav's, Soultaker, Crown of Eyes etc, and think "man, I could make some pretty fun builds with those, too bad they will never drop". Sure, I could eventually save up enough currency to get them, but playing a game where I am almost 100% sure that nothing good will ever drop is extremely unsatisfying, and just saps my motivation to play.
Last edited by Mephasm on Apr 20, 2014, 4:59:15 PM
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

This is pretty much it. I am of the latter category, 90% of the time I play solo, and I can count the number of times I've traded on one hand.

The game is extremely unrewarding as a solo self found player, but I didn't realize it that much at first due to the amount of character customization. But when I got tired of rerolling, and wanted to stick with one character for awhile, I started to see that no good gear actually drops. So after getting bored of finding nothing, I began planning a new character, and I realized that I've tried nearly every build that interested me, and I couldn't think of anything new that didn't require at least one unique that i did not possess.

I look at items like Shav's, Soultaker, Crown of Eyes etc, and think "man, I could make some pretty fun builds with those, too bad they will never drop". Sure, I could eventually save up enough currency to get them, but playing a game where I am almost 100% sure that nothing good will ever drop is extremely unsatisfying, and just saps my motivation to play.

This.

After hundreds of hours of nothing dropping you tend to get a bit insane.
"
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

This.

After hundreds of hours of nothing dropping you tend to get a bit insane.

+1

after a long break (3.5 months) I came back full of enthusiasm and got so disappointed and frustrated after only 1 month that i quit again just surfing the forums to complain abouta game that could be so good.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info