Another long-term player signing off.

@f3rret

You saw that as an attack, yet look at your first post here, the irony.

And "any higher than it currently is" means all items for everyone? I won't even go further...

By the way, that's not blackmailing, that's stating an opinion, why would he play if things that bother him so much don't disappear/change?
"
tinko92 wrote:
And "any higher than it currently is" means all items for everyone? I won't even go further..

...not what I said. I said that raising the drop rates would make it so that anyone would get all items FASTER.

As it stands now, you could simply play 24/7/365 and eventually you would have all items (at least the unique items), that's just a consequence of these sorts of games - put in the time, get the items.

If we raise the drop rates, then all that happens is that everyone gets all the items faster. GGG doesn't want this, they want to keep you playing the game, which means keeping the drop rates low enough that you keep playing forever but still get enough items of your own that you keep feeling rewarded or are able to trade for stuff you want.

Like I said, simply raising the drop rates aren't going to fix anything, then people will just whine about how the now raised drop rates are too low.
I think the more elegant solution would be to add different ways of farming.

Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
Nice lie.

"
If the drop rates were any higher than what they currently are then everyone would simply get all the items they want and then there would be no more motivation to keep playing.
"
tinko92 wrote:
Nice lie.

"
If the drop rates were any higher than what they currently are then everyone would simply get all the items they want and then there would be no more motivation to keep playing.

You're not making it easy for me, are you? I kinda like you.

Yes I did say that, please note the words "they want" in there. Not every player is going to want every item.
But, I also say in a later post that raising drop rates are just going to to make progression faster, which isn't in GGG's interest because faster progression also means faster character "completion".

Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
I honestly didn't read the rest of the post after that paragraph. (Anyway what I mean by "higher" is: any higher than what they currently are.)

Nevertheless, I do agree with you on that, since this is a trade centered game, sadly.
The game needs to drop more uniques. Period. It has over 200 uniques now available (237 to be exact!), and the drop rates are almost at the CB levels, when there were 20 uniques. You can run through 2 difficulties and maybe get one unique to drop.

I just recently talked my best friend which played D2 with me for years to give PoE a chance.

We are now Act 2 Cruel and it was interesting to me to see some of his reactions:
- he absolutely loved the diversity of skills. While leveling he was actively using Cleave, Sweep, Leap Slam, Double Strike+Melee splash, Cyclone and was loving his duelist (I prepared a cyclone duelist build for him).
- he was blown away by how cool Vaal Double strike is. I must say, even watching that skill, it looks amazing.
- he loved the difficulty.
- he loved the complexity.
- he disliked that not one unique dropped for him during our run through Normal and Cruel (lvl 42s now).
- he disliked that the rares droping were not that good.

Just 10 mins ago, as we were finishing our today's run, he asked me 'so when does the good stuff start to drop? Merci?..

...and I was like 'never'?

I mean, I've been playing the game for more than 2 years now, and I reckon I've never gotten at least 60% of the uniques in this game. I am a bit mazochist, but I don't think my friend is. I predict he will get frustrated and quit somewhere mid Merci.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 12, 2014, 7:25:38 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
The game needs to drop more uniques. Period. It has over 200 uniques now available (237 to be exact!), and the drop rates are almost at the CB levels, when there were 20 uniques. You can run through 2 difficulties and maybe get one unique to drop.

I just recently talked my best friend which played D2 with me for years to give PoE a chance.

We are now Act 2 Cruel and it was interesting to me to see some of his reactions:
- he absolutely loved the diversity of skills. While leveling he was actively using Cleave, Sweep, Leap Slam, Double Strike+Melee splash, Cyclone and was loving his duelist (I prepared a cyclone duelist build for him).
- he was blown away by how cool Vaal Double strike is. I must say, even watching that skill, it looks amazing.
- he loved the difficulty.
- he loved the complexity.
- he disliked that not one unique dropped for him during our run through Normal and Cruel (lvl 42s now).
- he disliked that the rares droping were not that good.

Just 10 mins ago, as we were finishing our today's run, he asked me 'so when does the good stuff start to drop? Merci?..

...and I was like 'never'?

I mean, I've been playing the game for more than 2 years now, and I reckon I've never gotten at least 60% of the uniques in this game. I am a bit mazochist, but I don't think my friend is. I predict he will get frustrated and quit somewhere mid Merci.

I want to agree on this one: the uniques that you really benefit from is so stupidly rare/ will never drop.

Sad, really, because there's some funky shit going on with the Uniques.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
f3rret wrote:

Listen, I know I come off as abusive

Your posts really are a downer. You sound so angry and unhappy.
Standard Forever
Farewell, soulpoetry.

Contrary to what some of the people on this forum think, it is VERY important for players to post their thoughts on their experience with this game upon the time they depart, be it positive, negative or a mixture of both. Not in a crazy incoherent way either, but in the way you've done it here.

This is bar none the best way for GGG to get one-on-one feedback from the people they are attempting to entertain.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, sir. Hopefully GGG takes the time to return the favour by reading your post.

Best wishes
"
Odoakar wrote:

I have thought the same thing recently. In closed beta I figured that once more uniques were added that we would so more drop over time. But that doesn't appear to have happened. It seems that GGG keeps lowering the overall drop rate as more and more uniques are added.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info