Another long-term player signing off.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
bchan wrote:
I wonder where the game went in the wrong direction, that so many of you guys/gals from closed beta have left. All of you 'old timers' helped make this game but now don't enjoy what it has become.

Seeing a string of threads from closed beta members quitting for good, is really depressing.

Over focus on economy, trade and group play.
RNG which is easily removed with trade and group play but far too layered without.
A situation where one either trivialises the game or opts to miss out on content and features.
A potential hardcore aRPG which disallows itself from being so.

Many old timers will tell you these reasons were why they no longer play. Be it because they trivialised the game the way is intended and got bored, or refused to and got, well, got nowhere.
Many will not, likely because they don't realise it or don't want to admit it.

Good post as usual TheAnuhart.100% agree and I'm also jealous that I can not replicate your style of conveying things like this.

=P
"
Antigegner wrote:
after a long break (3.5 months) I came back full of enthusiasm and got so disappointed and frustrated after only 1 month that i quit again just surfing the forums to complain abouta game that could be so good.

Pretty much the same here. I still play because my character is basically complete (through a lot of brute force playtime and selling everything I could get my fingers on), but the magic of the game is gone and it shouldn't be. This game has so much promise but terrible design decisions and an overemphasis on economy make it fall well short of potential.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
The game needs to drop more uniques. Period. It has over 200 uniques now available (237 to be exact!), and the drop rates are almost at the CB levels, when there were 20 uniques. You can run through 2 difficulties and maybe get one unique to drop.

I have thought the same thing recently. In closed beta I figured that once more uniques were added that we would so more drop over time. But that doesn't appear to have happened. It seems that GGG keeps lowering the overall drop rate as more and more uniques are added.

I for one advocate for increasing unique drop rates across the board. Even more so for build enabling uniques, including the end-games ones. They should drop as common as chips, as originally intended.

And put it this way, alot of hobbyist PC gamers, have moved on from this game after the initial publicity press praise on release, never experience even 5% of this game's potential. leaving with a sour impression of GGG and the kind of games they make; locked behind very high level content, Uniques that enable fun looking builds unable to be experienced due to pathetic drop rates and the resulting unaffordable high market prices as a result. Why bother when the time invested does not justify the reward?

Its like Dungeon Defenders all over again. I've fallen behind the progression curve. I'm not going to bother with DD2 as a result. I'm ambivalent if GGG were to release POE2 TBH. Maybe I'll play until Act 5 or something.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Rowsol wrote:
It's just too damn grindy of a game. Boost the rare orb drop rates significantly. I want to use exalted orbs on gear instead of trade them. Boost unique drop rates of the rare ones.

Getting gear is what makes this game fun, so give us some.

We used to do this in CB. Exalts were such a common drop then. I don't know when GGG decided that crafting was a dirty word.

With so much QQ about the state of item drop rates, orbs and crafting, its notable that its missing in the manifesto...
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
"
Rowsol wrote:
It's just too damn grindy of a game. Boost the rare orb drop rates significantly. I want to use exalted orbs on gear instead of trade them. Boost unique drop rates of the rare ones.

Getting gear is what makes this game fun, so give us some.

We used to do this in CB. Exalts were such a common drop then. I don't know when GGG decided that crafting was a dirty word.

With so much QQ about the state of item drop rates, orbs and crafting, its notable that its missing in the manifesto...

Didn't you spend the entire CB, OB and release telling anyone with the slightest negative feedback or 'QQ' to Fuck Off?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 21, 2014, 5:26:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info