[2.0] Tempada's AAA EK: An Ethereal Knives Guide | 30-60k+ Non-Crit DPS | Affordable | HC Viable

Sounds good! Thanks again for the advice!
Hello,

I'm trying your build in Rampage. Works well for now (merciless Act 1).

All your explanations about gear and your skill Tree were very helpfull.

Thanks a lot for all the effort you've put in this and for sharing it.
"
Allexiel67 wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the effort you've put in this and for sharing it.

You're very welcome! I'm glad it's been helpful.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Updated with a number of clarifications.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I really want to try this build in the new hardcore league but i want couple changes that i cant squeeze in. I want to go with MoM and 4 auras. This cant be done, atleast from my calculations, without sovereignity. So i want to run clarity,hatred,discipline and grace. But i can put in only 161% max hp. This is the spec im planning to run, but its far from finished. I dont think i will play enough to make it to 90s, so its only to level 76. Thank you for any advice. And to say I love tanky characters, thats why I want mom on my build.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2WqM9W_IFBa_VUth4iaVGYqbtVM1D6saj_ba-wnEopcGLYP-urvjykrDOoMJb54dquGIRnENfOq6tAwo-lfJ-eiCx_4Ktz5Bh9i9MZ6mVzrh8kVKfYd2Z6D8xSmlTipbr90NVdZk5xcv-tIdFI9Gpwi4k-vugKTjajbpKk0VICzpUUysR31bSbHXz_k374iTJ1NSRZ2a4Bzcf8ZJUfDVj_rsGMHFBx6VLnC72wuCHoUydPEY24hC8bPA40tX
Last edited by pegr on Sep 3, 2014, 6:30:39 PM
"
pegr wrote:
i want to run clarity,hatred,discipline and grace.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen if you only plan on getting to around level 76 (your Reduced Mana gems won't be maxed, unless you purchase them).

Mind over Matter requires a lot of unreserved mana to be beneficial, and you're just not going to have the mana available with that setup, especially considering the lack of mana nodes on your tree. Here are your options:

1) Skip MoM and use Clarity, Hatred, Grace, and Herald of Ash or Ice
2) Take MoM and use Clarity, Hatred, and Grace

It is possible to use Clarity, Hatred, Grace, AND a Herald gem with MoM, but you need some amazing gear to pull it off.

If you go with Iron Reflexes, I don't think it's worth the points to also travel to Sovereignty.

What about something more like this?

how about to take inner force?
The thing is, i ran ek build last season, where i was able to run mom, because thanks to all that es from hybrid gear and discipline, my unreserved mana was high enough. Is that so, that all those changes to the tree made this setup less viable? Because those mana reducing nodes got only 1% nerf. I dont like the build without MoM, atleast from my experience from previous league, it was game changing, life saving, to pick MoM node. And the thing with level, I usually stop at around level 75+- due to the time issues. But i hope this season will be better, but thats the reason, why i want my builds to be complete around that level. I will take a look at that skill tree, it was basically the same I designed when I was thinking about not going sovereignity. Will look at the build you stated under the super tanky stuff. It should be something for me.
"
taiwandaisy wrote:
how about to take inner force?

Is this a reference to the previous post? Inner Force is a great idea, but it's hard to fit in when you have limited points (like the previous poster) and need plenty of life too.

"
pegr wrote:
Is that so, that all those changes to the tree made this setup less viable?

With the previous tree, I could run Clarity + Hatred + Grace + Haste/Discipline + Arctic Armour + Mind Over Matter, no problem. I can't do that with this tree, in part because it takes more points to collect all the reduced mana reserved nodes, and in part because the reduced mana reserved nodes, along with the amount of mana Clarity reserves, have been nerfed. The setup is sadly less (not at all?) viable now. Now you can use Discipline in place of Hatred in a pinch, on top of Clarity and Grace.

"
I dont like the build without MoM, at least from my experience from previous league, it was game changing, life saving, to pick MoM node. And the thing with level, I usually stop at around level 75+- due to the time issues. But i hope this season will be better, but thats the reason, why i want my builds to be complete around that level.

Yeah, I understand. MoM is amazing. Best thing is to get any Cloak of Defiance, but of course that's not in everyone's budget.

Here's a slightly revised level 77 or so tree for you, one with MoM:

You might also try something like Snorkle_uk's EK Tank. It has pretty much the most life you can get from a decent EK build, but it doesn't give you the reduced mana nodes you want and it probably doesn't have enough mana in the tree to let you run MoM or high level AA unless you have killer gear. Still, it's a very solid build. Here's a variation of that for you:

If you can buy a Geofri's Crest when you hit level 53, you'll be golden. You'll also be fine without, dps and clear speed will just be lower.
Last edited by Tempada on Sep 4, 2014, 6:22:49 PM
One thing comes to my mind. What about this aura setup : Grace - clarity - herald of ash - herald of ice - discipline. Shouldnt be clarity run on health instead on mana? How bad is that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info