GGG, dare to answer these questions about the state of the game?

"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I amazed that they've allowed this bile to remain as long as they have.

I'm not. I hadn't emailed them about this thread until now.

Are you serious man, did you report this? You must be kidding.

These are all logical thoughts, written to confront GGG for the goodness of the game, i got plenty love for this game so get over yourself if you don't understand what is going on.

Blind fanboys who do not see the serious issues with the game are harmful to the future of this game, just like those ppl who kissed ass on blizzard for far too long and blizzard chose to listen to them instead of those who understand what is happening. If you really reported this, then you are the troll here, Charan.

agreed solid post
"
Crackmonster wrote:
These are all logical thoughts
Disagree.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
written to confront GGG for the goodness of the game
Agree, at least in terms of intent.

However, the "no hateful posts" policy is not a "no irrational posts" policy. I don't think this is a particularly good thread, and I honestly wish it had never existed, but that doesn't mean I think it is in need of moderation. As a community, it is our responsibility to deal with contrary opinions in a direct manner, with reason instead of force. You (Crackmonster) may be the sort who sees balance problems which don't exist, predict an apocalypse which will not occur, and drum up drama which is utterly unwarranted. But your paranoia is not a moderator concern in my book, because it also contains, as you say yourself, a love for the game.

You may be crazy, but you are not particularly harmful. I wouldn't have reported you.

By the way, in terms of all the on-topic type of discussion, I have a previous post in this thread to address all of that.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 13, 2014, 9:27:46 PM
"
wicca369 wrote:
When you're making niche builds to try and find something powerful(which the game encourages), and then you actually achieve it and change the meta, that is something that should have a sense of permanency.

When those "discoveries" get changed or balanced, it just destroys the whole point of the game for me.

and for me as-well arpgs are not mobas where you need to destroy/nerf champions because they wreak the meta
Maybe GGG can hand out some plastic badges for the people who feel it's their resposibility to go around reporting things. It's not like the forums need a neighborhood watch, especially since site traffic has taken a big dip since SotV.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
These are all logical thoughts
Disagree.

Oh but they are, Scrotie. Not a single point in OP was not a very simple and logical one, one that many others have reached through logic and reason as well. In fact, it would be illogical to think that GGG would change their pattern, in which case my OP would not be fulfilled, but nevertheless that is what i hope.

The reason i didn't go into detail discussion and answering all including you was that i have made threads on all these topics many times before in feedback, this one wasn't intended as a discussion of each point but rather as a statement about the game.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
However, the "no hateful posts" policy is not a "no irrational posts" policy. I don't think this is a particularly good thread, and I honestly wish it had never existed, but that doesn't mean I think it is in need of moderation. As a community, it is our responsibility to deal with contrary opinions in a direct manner, with reason instead of force. You (Crackmonster) may be the sort who sees balance problems which don't exist, predict an apocalypse which will not occur, and drum up drama which is utterly unwarranted. But your paranoia is not a moderator concern in my book, because it also contains, as you say yourself, a love for the game.

You may be crazy, but you are not particularly harmful. I wouldn't have reported you.

By the way, in terms of all the on-topic type of discussion, I have a previous post in this thread to address all of that.

I am not here to get myself a reputation or be loved by others or GGG, i am here because i care about the game first and foremost, and also because i like these forums.

Anyways, certain person first tries to derail my thread once, then tries to end it with a "finishing comment", then when it doesn't work he apparently reports it.. That's straight trolling and even a failed attempt at bullying and i called him out on it, that's all there was to that, no suckers allowed.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
That makes sense, i was a bit surprised you had reported it, but thought oh well he probably thinks im a troll or something.

You did attempt to end the thread though!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
People should be happy that "us" who are not happy with current state of the game, still love it, play it, and stick around attempting to give feedback on issues which caused many others to simply leave. I am constantly trying to get others to try it, but no one ever sticks around long enough :( None of my friends play any more.

And we played d2 for many many years. I still have my pvper's on there to this day. I got 37 perm 3/20/20s and some 15/80s which lived through almost a decade. I really hope to see PoE last as long as d2 did.

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

Last edited by Klimentiy on Apr 14, 2014, 12:15:28 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
this one wasn't intended as a discussion of each point but rather as a statement about the game.
That's funny, because that's exactly my read on the opening post as well. I wasn't exactly fooled by all the question marks involved; I understand the concept of the rhetorical question, and understood they were the statements of someone who was already rather firm in his convictions, on an emotional level.

Why did I respond to those questions as if they were not rhetorical? I guess I'm just contrary.

The point here is: you aren't here trying to find solutions for these problems. Discussion of each point? No thanks, say you. You're far too excited by the prospect of simply pointing out the problems you see, with almost every thread you create.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 14, 2014, 3:36:22 AM
"

See the RBS before this page? THAT is what I reported. :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/884560/page/8 -- mostly people telling each other to stfu and stuff. Very unpleasant.

The thread itself? Eh, I think my first reply suffices.

Four posts,one stfu,one eye for an eye,two explainations and two posters.Forum heavy petting at best.

Reported by a guy with enough stfu and gtfo posts to put most stalewart supporters to shame. =)

On topic tho

There's nothing new in the OP post that hasn't been discussed many times with little change and in POEs case .. the more things change,the more they stay the same.

Good or bad ? Who cares anymore,play or don't. =P

EDIT: Obviously some players do care enough to keep posting about issues and not just drool over MTX updates,forum title packs,Tshirt deliveries and the latest third party trading apps.

also it was four posts,my bad counting sorry. =P

Last edited by Temper on Apr 14, 2014, 4:50:56 AM
"
Temper wrote:
"

See the RBS before this page? THAT is what I reported. :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/884560/page/8 -- mostly people telling each other to stfu and stuff. Very unpleasant.

The thread itself? Eh, I think my first reply suffices.

Three posts,one stfu,one eye for a eye and two posters.Forum heavy petting at best.

Reported by a guy with enough stfu and gtfo posts to put most stalewart supporters to shame. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info