GGG, dare to answer these questions about the state of the game?

"
Temper wrote:
Spoiler
"
Klimentiy wrote:
"
puviel wrote:
As far as I can tell, you aren't asking any questions. It would be helpful if you indeed stated them as questions and also if you would be more specific. Let's do look at it point for point.

1. Performance/stability Issues of the core: Lags, freezes, low framerate and massive desync.
Lag as in rubber-banding or as in CPU and GPU overload, or as in delay because you are playing on a server far away from where you are?

Massive desync is a fact of this game but it has several aspects. One aspect is the desync in general, such as it is desync is the effect of a) incorrect prediction or b) the distance between the server and the client is too far apart, physically.

Are you asking GGG to solve desync as a mathemathical and statistical problem or are you asking them to design the game with desync in mind? The former is not possible, you cannot 100% predict the future. The latter is more reasonable, such as building in mechanics into skills to prevent desync. Cyclone makes you immune to stun and knockback, for example, which prevents potential desync, however cyclone still desyncs due to the client making a different path finding than the server.

You can also argue that GGG should not allow different servers to play in the same party, as this adds an extra level of complexity of the desync issue.

2. PvP will never work well due to desync.
What do you mean with "work well"? Also, is this the same issue as you are addressing in point 1, ie desync, or do you have another point in regards to PVP in particular?

3. Not enough top-end uniques drop to equip the population, time spent is not rewarding enough and it takes too long to "nearly complete a character".

This is not a question nor is it a problem. It is a suggestion based your your preference, which belongs in the suggestion thread. I do not agree with this suggestion but you are free to make any suggestions you like.

4. Certain aspects of crafting is too RNG based, Fus/Jew/Chrom.
Certain aspects are not too RNG based. Everything in the game follows this logic, items, monsters and maps. It is only logical to assume that this is a fundamental principle for GGG when designing the game. If you have a different preference go ahead and log it in the suggestion section of the forum and try to make a case for why you think this fundamental aspect of the game should be changed.

5. Endgame content is gated behind RNG and access heavily biased towards groups.
Is the question here if GGG think access to maps and Atziri should follow the same principle of randomness or is the question if GGG think groups should get bonuses for playing together? It's two very different questions.

6. Old skills are not fixed.
What skills in particular? What do you mean with fixed?

7. Drastic changes are required, the game is fundamentally broken in a multitude of ways.
If you by saying "drasitic changes are required" refer to all the above statements you made I can only hope for you to be more specific and more clear in what it is your asking and what it is you wish for. The game is not fundamentally broken. You can of course think that the game is fundamentally broken but you are not making any case for either why, when or how it is fundamentally broken.

Some of the statements you made could be of some interest for an open discussion but it has to be more precise and clear for this to be meaningful in any way. We are all here because we like the game, so it is only in our interest to be as helpful towards GGG as possible. Making subjective statements, in the form they are in now, aren't helping anyone, as far as I can judge.
"
Klimentiy wrote:

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 13, 2014, 5:32:35 PM
"
Vexcesban wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Hello GGG,

1. Performance/stability Issues of the core: Lags, freezes, low framerate and massive desync.

2. PvP will never work well due to desync.

3. Not enough top-end uniques drop to equip the population, time spent is not rewarding enough and it takes too long to "nearly complete a character".

4. Certain aspects of crafting is too RNG based, Fus/Jew/Chrom.

5. Endgame content is gated behind RNG and access heavily biased towards groups.

6. Old skills are not fixed.

7. Drastic changes are required, the game is fundamentally broken in a multitude of ways.

1 - desync will never be fixed get a script to /oos and logout

2 - pvp will always be lackluster in these kinds of games

3 - ive been playing since closed beta and never gotten any top uniques despite having a

80+ chars doing endless maps

4 - ive been playing since closed beta and never crafted anything good wasting tons of

currency

5 - agree solo is crap

6 - waaaaaay too many skills are lackluster

7 - that isnt a question

This guy I can agree with. Identical situation here. Never dropped anything above exalt in currency and never had a unique above 10ex. Every decent item I possess has come from trade.

Also, getting past lvl 90 is just awful... grinding same 4 maps over and over and over.... shipyard, shrine, palace, shipyard, shrine, courtyard... fucking shoot me now.

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

Last edited by Klimentiy on Apr 13, 2014, 4:27:34 PM
"
I feel like this is Buzzfeed

10 Questions GGG won't DARE to answer

15 things GGG doesn't want YOU to know

10 pictures GGG wants REMOVED from the internet

You'll never guess what GGG is HIDING

No no, this is acceptable because the guy is obviously a troll and the community is mocking him.

The best ones are in feedback.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Klimentiy wrote:

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 13, 2014, 5:32:53 PM
I amazed that they've allowed this bile to remain as long as they have.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I'm not. I hadn't emailed them about this thread until now.

What bile would that be ?
I'm getting pushed further away from this game every season by bullshit instant deaths, the entire act 3 merciless group page being trade shit, no indicators on portals and generally I cannot get anyone else to play it.

Even the simplistic game list of previous games had dozens of questing groups, games would be constantly barraged by high level characters offering help through progression, here, they are few and far between.

No players with high level characters want to go back and bulldoze low level content for the fun of it and to push some guys forward so they can try their new build faster, why would they, progression in the game at their stage is so hard they have no time or patience for anything else.
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
I'm getting pushed further away from this game every season by bullshit instant deaths, the entire act 3 merciless group page being trade shit, no indicators on portals and generally I cannot get anyone else to play it.

Even the simplistic game list of previous games had dozens of questing groups, games would be constantly barraged by high level characters offering help through progression, here, they are few and far between.

No players with high level characters want to go back and bulldoze low level content for the fun of it and to push some guys forward so they can try their new build faster, why would they, progression in the game at their stage is so hard they have no time or patience for anything else.

It's a different time in ARPG gaming man.

Long gone are the days of doing things for fun like rushing a whole heap of newbs to the high levels/difficulty,dropping an inventory full of hot gear in the town square for randoms to claim.It's the thrill of the purchase now rather than the thrill of the hunt.

Fun these days in an ARPG is measured on a whole different system ... wealth/currency and trading for progression,it's not entirely the players fault either,developers design around it it.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 13, 2014, 6:15:44 PM
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Are you serious man, did you report this? You must be kidding.

These are all logical thoughts, written to confront GGG for the goodness of the game, i got plenty love for this game so get over yourself if you don't understand what is going on.

Blind fanboys who do not see the serious issues with the game are harmful to the future of this game, just like those ppl who kissed ass on blizzard for far too long and blizzard chose to listen to them instead of those who understand what is happening. If you really reported this, then you are the troll here, Charan.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Are you serious man, did you report this? You must be kidding.

These are all logical thoughts, written to confront GGG for the goodness of the game, i got plenty love for this game so get over yourself if you don't understand what is going on.

Blind fanboys who do not see the serious issues with the game are harmful to the future of this game, just like those ppl who kissed ass on blizzard for far too long and blizzard chose to listen to them instead of those who understand what is happening. If you really reported this, then you are the troll here, Charan.

Like someone else posted in the censorship thread:

"
It's a slippery slope from banning legitimately garbage posts - to censorship. Watch yourselves, GGG..

http://youtu.be/fjJN08uqt70?t=8s
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info