GGG, dare to answer these questions about the state of the game?

Hello GGG,

You probably are very busy and don't have time to answer all threads, but here are some questions i think the general community would love clear answers to, so that players can understand GGG's stance on the state of the game. This is not a lighthearted thread, these questions are severe and something myself and many others would really love to know your stance on so we can be realistic about the future.

What we want to know is to what extend you consider below as issues:

1. Performance/stability Issues of the core: Lags, freezes, low framerate and massive desync.

2. PvP will never work well due to desync.

3. Not enough top-end uniques drop to equip the population, time spent is not rewarding enough and it takes too long to "nearly complete a character".

4. Certain aspects of crafting is too RNG based, Fus/Jew/Chrom.

5. Endgame content is gated behind RNG and access heavily biased towards groups.

6. Old skills are not fixed.

7. Drastic changes are required, the game is fundamentally broken in a multitude of ways.

BONUS QUESTIONS?:

Here are a few extra worrying thoughts in case anyone at GGG are brave enough to address them.

8. The target audience of PoE is a small fraction of the players who would be interested in a grinding ARPG with deep characterization, due to not being rewarding enough, rewards not being balanced enough(pure rng) nor the game functioning well technically.

9. Desync is never getting fixed and the longtime players understand it. When Desync is not fixed, monster mechanics and PvP will never work well. Due to Desync the whole game will be heavily broken forever and GGG are unwilling/unable to do what it takes to change that.

10. While new content is constantly being added, the core problems that prevent PoE from embracing the ARPG audience are avoided. There are evolutionary aspects and very good characterization in PoE, however the rest of the game will remain below industry quality standard.

11. The only way to fix the game's technical problems is to rebuild the game from the ground up, not because there is no future in PoE but because to fix it you need to scrap the foundation. GGG will not due that, they are more comfortable where they are.

12. Players in PoE are treated as statistics. To many players it seems GGG is in their own oblivious bubble about the state of their game and which problems are the most important to address in PoE.

Will this pass in silence?
//A concerned player

PS: Anyone else is welcome to attempt to answer any and all of the questions here, let us see what players think about these core problems.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Most of these arent questions...

A lot of these have already been discussed at length with GGG devs participating.

The game is as they made it. Certainly desync is annoying and they are aware of it, but they will make their own decisions.

Just because GGG devs are involved in the community does not mean PoE is a democratic community project. You have to take the good with the bad and decide if the game is for you.
Youve obviously played a long time and I know the game has changed a lot since then...we all knew it could and would I guess...but I try to focus on the present rather than what bad could happrn later.

Why do you think most companies' devs dont touch the general community and assign representatives to deal with the players? Too many think that because they are involved in discussion, that the players can be so demanding...
Last edited by Psyborg on Apr 11, 2014, 1:08:33 AM
GGG cannot answer these truthfully without proliferating realizations.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 11, 2014, 1:26:59 AM
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 11, 2014, 8:33:01 PM
"
[Removed by Support]

LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

realy tho your questions suck

desync has never been a problem for me

i enjoy the RNG of the game from being a d2 player

game is good right now would enjoy a SFL or offline

i feel this game is more build for the d2 players not the bots were d3 was made for the players in d2 who botted
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 11, 2014, 3:02:25 PM
I like him.

This thread will become a Charan thread. It was inevitable, thankfully :)
"

desync has never been a problem for me

Same here...but PSEUDOdesync on the other hand...what a horrible troll. But you can never say you were killed by pseudodesync. Say youre fighting the burning menace, and a bunch of goats jump in. You get knocked down to 25% life but thankfully you were able to run away...as you put distance between you and them you pop a pot and you start to feel great, having survived that close call....WRONG! You got stunned from a few of the goats. You rubberband back, you spam more pots but its too late. Desync didnt kill you, it just trolled you, making you think you escaped. Your death was your own fault and you have to admit it, you wouldnt have escaped anyway, you should have been more mindful to clear the area.

Granted, the game should have known on the client that you were stunned...I dont know if theres an algorithmic issue regarding leap slam stun or why one calc would result in "stun" while theoretically the same calc can result in "notstun"...but my point is that most of "DESYNC KILLED ME!!!" isnt really desync, its situations like that.
I'm just curious: for those saying "I never/rarely have desync", is it more of a "I'm one of the lucky few" or "I don't see it, therefore it's no big deal or it doesn't exist".

Cause I just came from the fetid pool and desync was rampant where I'd get hit by attacks from enemies who weren't even on my screen yet to teleporting 15 feet back to where I was. I know people have such a huge nerd boner for this game but desync is a problem.
It's more of a, I know what skills and situations can lead to desync, so I do my best to avoid them.

Not saying it isn't a problem, but I am saying player based designs can help immensely
"
VanGard wrote:
I'm just curious: for those saying "I never/rarely have desync", is it more of a "I'm one of the lucky few" or "I don't see it, therefore it's no big deal or it doesn't exist".

Cause I just came from the fetid pool and desync was rampant where I'd get hit by attacks from enemies who weren't even on my screen yet to teleporting 15 feet back to where I was. I know people have such a huge nerd boner for this game but desync is a problem.

Charging mobs, esp in groups where they may or may not bump into each other, is one of the few occasions where I will say I definitely run into desync. I guess I just run off to the side and wait for them to spread out a bit.

Edit: Totally what SL4Y3R said...
Last edited by Psyborg on Apr 11, 2014, 2:01:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info