GGG, dare to answer these questions about the state of the game?

"
12. Players in PoE are treated as statistics. To many players it seems GGG is in their own oblivious bubble about the state of their game and which problems are the most important to address in PoE.

I feel like this, honestly. We're getting some content updates, new skills etc. which is nice, but it has no purpose if I get desynced when trying to aim with my new skill. RNG and other stuff, it is matter of taste - some people like it, some don't, but having desync is bad, and there is no excuse in not trying to fix it.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Funny how The Ruler of Wraeclast derails a thread just by being in it, even if his post isn't derailing.
My biggest question to GGG would be this:

Why is this game designed for the top 1% of players?
- Why are item droprates designed to require >300 IR
- Why is crafting so expensive/unrewarding it's not even worth 4-Linking stuff?
- Why is new content (basically everything since 1.0) constantly 3-5 times harder than old content.
- Why is it impossible to get any form of wealth without trading?

I'm not saying I want free 6L uber items, or a Casual-ass-kissing loot system like in D3, but I don't see how it makes sense to have people who play 2-3 hours a day, for half a year, still don't get even close to 'good items', high level (90+), high maps (74+) or some kind wealth to buy even 1 of those endgame uniques.
"
TheStalker wrote:

What do you need wealth for, if you don´t trade?
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
"
cyranorick wrote:
"
TheStalker wrote:

What do you need wealth for, if you don´t trade?

I don't say I don't want to trade at all. I could still buy some items I really want, or use the orbs for crafting. I just don't see why it should be so goddamn hard to get currency through actual playing. Of course this is isn't that easy, since better drop-rates would automatically cause items to be more expensive. But I hate the fact that trading is so much more rewarding than playing (and crafting) when it comes to getting stuff (items, orbs). And I'm sure there are ways to improve this.
The strongboxes in ambush league are definetly a step in the right direction.
Last edited by TheStalker on Apr 11, 2014, 8:05:30 AM
GGG, just make a offline version of PoE, like D1-2, and terms "desync" & "ping" will disappear.

P.S: and name will be " Path of Exile 2: To the Theopolis"
Last edited by onizuka1488 on Apr 11, 2014, 8:22:32 AM
"
onizuka1488 wrote:
GGG, just make a offline version of PoE, like D1-2, and terms "desync" & "ping" will disappear.

And hacking and cheating and RMT will get worse. No thx, i keep desync away with ahk and enjoy the game with some RMT and no cheats.

Why dont you go and play D1 and D2 if theyre so great?
According to the support answers you will receive this:

"
1. Performance/stability Issues of the core: Lags, freezes, low framerate and massive desync.

Must be your PC.

"
3. Not enough top-end uniques drop to equip the population, time spent is not rewarding enough and it takes too long to "nearly complete a character".

Uniques should be build enablers, create niche builds or have major drawbacks.
The worst thing that could happen would be if everybody uses the same gear.(Imo the best joke ever)

"
4. Certain aspects of crafting is too RNG based, Fus/Jew/Chrom.

We don't know why players hate RNG we added content to increase droprates or craftchances, like strongboxes, exiles, nemesismod or scrap and Whetstone sinks.
(Another excellent joke 20% bonus on next to nothing is still next to nothing and every CB members remembers the heavy dropnerf with OB)

"
5. Endgame content is gated behind RNG and access heavily biased towards groups.

We don't want players to chain maps there is a pyramid sheme for a reason.(Don't worry guys high tier players don't RMT their maps I swear they are all lottery winners for every season)

"
6. Old skills are not fixed.

7. Drastic changes are required, the game is fundamentally broken in a multitude of ways.

We don't know what yuo mean.

"
2. PvP will never work well due to desync.

Can't find an answer to this but I can guarantee that PVP will never work because of balance.

"
8. The target audience of PoE is a small fraction of the players who would be interested in a grinding ARPG with deep characterization, due to not being rewarding enough, rewards not being balanced enough(pure rng) nor the game functioning well technically.

We try to be hardcore(even they don't know what a real Hardcoregame is and PoE is more a casual MMORPG)

"
9. Desync is never getting fixed and the longtime players understand it. When Desync is not fixed, monster mechanics and PvP will never work well. Due to Desync the whole game will be heavily broken forever and GGG are unwilling/unable to do what it takes to change that.

Desync prevents cheating!(even the game barely has any integrity...)

"
10. While new content is constantly being added, the core problems that prevent PoE from embracing the ARPG audience are avoided. There are evolutionary aspects and very good characterization in PoE, however the rest of the game will remain below industry quality standard.

We are a <50 people company we don't have the funds of AAA Studios.

"
11. The only way to fix the game's technical problems is to rebuild the game from the ground up, not because there is no future in PoE but because to fix it you need to scrap the foundation. GGG will not due that, they are more comfortable where they are.

We try to hire an experienced graphics programmer but we have to convince him to come to NZ and the last one took 3 years of effort and he left after 3 months to work on his own engine.

"
12. Players in PoE are treated as statistics. To many players it seems GGG is in their own oblivious bubble about the state of their game and which problems are the most important to address in PoE.

The amount of core players is raising we are really satisfied(Doesn't look like that to me you can use the chat channel on join, the amount of public parties and the forum activity as clues that the game is in a poor state. It's certainly not RoS/Eso fault)
"
And hacking and cheating and RMT will get worse. No thx, i keep desync away with ahk and enjoy the game with some RMT and no cheats.

Why dont you go and play D1 and D2 if theyre so great?

Well, honestly I wouldn't mind that kind of "league" or rather mode. Make it single player multiplayer, whatever, and let players trade with others. Cheats, hax and shit - if people REALLY need to do that, let them. Nobody will want to trade with them anyways. People who want a challenge and fun will play the way it is intended to play anyways. BUT without desync and other stuff related to that.

Also I'm playing PoE and not D1/D2 for its ideas like no gold, skill gems, passive tree and builds - not for its "great anti-hax security". And obviously not because of its desyncs.

EDIT:
"
We try to hire an experienced graphics programmer but we have to convince him to come to NZ and the last one took 3 years of effort and he left after 3 months to work on his own engine.

Well, I guess GGG have shown him the mess called PoE engine, and after 3 months he just ran away. : D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 11, 2014, 8:35:50 AM
I sit at lvl 81 with 11 fusings and around 150 jwlrs, wth I'll never be able to craft a 5l armor, let alone 6l...
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info