BEYOND Elemental Trilogy CI / "Flark" totem crit build (Flame totem/Three Dragons)

UPDATED : 1.2 Forsaken Masters

In this build I will try to explain my "Flark totem", which initially starts out being levelled up with simple flame totem. I quickly realized that spark totem is useless in terms of dps and shockstacking as I discovered the new invasion helmet: The Three Dragons.
This helmet allows fire critical damage to not ignite the enemy, but shock it – increasing their damage taken for each stack of shock. This, with the cast speed of a flame totem, is brilliant. Linked with added lightning damage, I can shock (originally ignite) and freeze (originally shock) while dealing fire damage per second.

EDIT 15/09/2014 build CoD -----------------------------------------------------

Pros

-Instant shockstacking
-Freezing
-High DPS
-Party friendly
-Inexpensive build cost

Cons

-With the new invasion bosses, this build can be tricky as solo player
-Totem life is an issue when solo-playing and dies easily
-At higher level maps, elemental reflect maps are a no-go.

Passive Skill Tree_____________________________________________________________

NEW!

Keys points

-Elemental dominion - 20% increased elemental damage with spells
-Chaos Inoculation - maximum life become 1, immune to chaos damage
-Influence - 18% increased effect of auras you cast
-BodY and soul - 20% increased armour, 16% increased maximm energy shield, +8% to all resistances
-Ancestral bond - can summon up to 1 additional totem, you can't deal damage with your skills yourself
-Zealoth's Oath - life regeneration applies to energy shield instead of life

Deal with bandits

normal - skill point
cruel - skill point
Merciless - alira (power charge)

Skills & support gems__________________________________________________________

Flame totem

-LMP
-Added chaos damage
-Faster casting
5th link
-Added lightning damage
6th link
-Elemental proliferation
or
-Faster projectile
or
-Increased critical strikes
or
-Blind

Ice spear (power charges generation)

-Faster casting
-Power charge on critical
-GMP

Auras

-Reduced mana
-Discipline
-ClaritY
-VitalitY

Movement

-Lightning warp
-Faster casting
-Reduced duration

Cast when damage taken

-Temporal chain
-Frost wall
-Summon skeletons
alt
-Frost wall
-Enduring crY
-Immortal call

Curse

-Critical weakness

Add

-Vall summon sketons (for some bosses)
-Bone offering (to get rid of bodies with some inv bosses)

Current gear lvl 89____________________________________________________________

Uniques

Allows you to shockstack and freez with flame totems

Must have for CI build cause freez is based on maximum life (with CI 1 point)

Great DPS gloves especially for crit multiplier

Block chance, mana, ES, all res and move speed. Perfects boots

Wand

Focus on spell damage, crit and crit multiplier. Fire damage or cast speed is a bonus. Your wand can be updrated to Void battery.

Shield

First thing you need is high energy shield and crit.

Chest

You need high energy shield and resistances if u have currencies

Ring

Important thing is mana +mana regen to sustain totem and resistances

Belt

Resistances and ES

Amulet

You want pure DPS on your amulet with cast speed, crit and crit multi. +mana is always a good thing.You can choose any base amulet, depends of your needs.

Flasks

Running this char with two quicksilvers, one topaz, one granit and one mana. Mandatory is one immunity to curse (on mana cause the flask effect is longer) and one remove bleeding (quicksilver is a good choice)

Last edited by hrodgar09 on Sep 9, 2014, 8:00:07 AM
Looks like a very strong and fun build. I can imagine the shock stacking working wonders for the party :D Also love that you found good use for the 3 dragons.

And to my knowledge Flame totem can shotgun. So your dps on single target would actually be much higher than 6k right?

Anyway, very cool build, and I am certainly gonna try it for my next char! I long wanted to make CI, but always thought it was much too expensive for me. But with this build i can try!

Thank you for this build!!! :D
"
And to my knowledge Flame totem can shotgun. So your dps on single target would actually be much higher than 6k right?

That's right, In theory I have 36k DPS on a single target +90% bonus damage from the triple shockstacking
After playing with hrodgar in 70+ maps in Invasion, I can say that this build is insane! Flame Totem was already really strong before the 3 Dragons unique, but now it's crazy even in a full party. I love the extra dmg the shock stacks give for everyone, and it's crazy cheap to gear... definitely a build to check out.
:p
updated
Updated
I asked some questions in game and you were very nice and answered all of them in great detail I will put them here so more people will know the answers. The 3 questions were:

Q-How many points did it take you to respec to CI?

A-Should only take the amount that you get from quests (18) + possibly a few regrets but I dont think so I believe I was just trying some different things.

Q-The chest infernal mantle seems great for this build but is it too risky due to the 100% increased spell damage take

A-(shortened answer) I have never tried. It might work well but it is a HUGE risk. Very dangerous.

Q-Would voidbringer gloves be an option over maligaro's

A-I have tried voidbringers and the mana cost increase is way too much to sustain and also losing the crit multi on maligaros is a loss in dps.

I also have 2 more questions that I will ask here instead of in game...

Q-When did you go to dual totem?

A-????

Q-When did you go CI

A-????

"
Q-When did you go to dual totem?

I'm usualy going right first for the leveling phase then left. Trying to get flame totem as quick as i can but only when i get ancestral bond node. Flame totem is a quest reward for merveil cruel and i think i managed to switch between begining of act 2 cruel and benining of act 3.

"
When did you go CI?

Lots of guides explains that you should go for CI before clearing act 2 merci, after leveling in fellshrine. It's a good idea but i managed to switch to CI level 68 and invest on a vaal regalia. There is no right time, it depends of your currencies, if u can buy low lvl high ES chest or wait till 68. The only thing important is to get at least 4K es with discipline when you go CI.
Last edited by hrodgar09 on Apr 17, 2014, 6:35:00 PM
Hi mate,

thanks for updates and very nice guide. I already managed to level up my witch to level 55 following you guide and it's quite fun to watch everything die :)

But I'm wondering, why aren't you using GMP with the totems. Seems to me they have much bigger dmg.

Also I don't understand, why do you have the Ice spear with the power charges. Or is it working to generate a charges even without dmg?

Did you try life leach (life on hit) for bigger survivability of the totems as the 6th slot?

And because I'm curious and didn't find it anywhere. What is that sphere which surrounds you char in the video?
Last edited by Ukawa on Apr 18, 2014, 10:16:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info