Final attempt to get some answers.

Was pretty obvious that an actual summoner themed skill was going to replace it, children gonna child.
Noblesse oblige
All decent ideas imo. But as far as I'm concerned, anything would be good so long as it would allow me to instantly get my minion(s) from the wrong side of the wall, to the side I'm on and likewise to gather them up once they spread out like headless chicken.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
"
Was pretty obvious that an actual summoner themed skill was going to replace it, children gonna child.

They should've introduce the new gem in the same patch they changed the SM.

That was yet another proof how GGG is out of touch with their own game.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 10, 2014, 4:14:17 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"

They should've introduce the new gem in the same patch they change the SM.

That was yet another proof how GGG is out of touch with their own game.

i remember:

trap nerf -> trap passives

dot 'buff' that was actually a huge nerf -> dot passives

and im pretty sure im missing many more
Damage has already been done. I haven't played since this quality of life change was removed, and I won't be playing again until something significant brings me back. A random skill a patch later isn't gonna work.

TLDR: Crying, Leaving, Not Investing anymore.
"
ecogen wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Smoke Mine shouldn't care about line-of-sight. At all. As long as the mine still exists (it's possible to be destroyed), detonating it should take you there.

I actually think the idea of a minion rallying totem might be cool, although I kind of doubt this is the plan GGG has for the minion rallying skill currently in development. I think one change which would actually be a considerable benefit is changing Rejuvenation Totem so that your minions are "junkies," immediately moving to within range when the totem is cast and only considering actions which would not place them outside that radius while the totem is still up. This could allow a decent amount of "soft" minion control, allowing summoners to essentially create "shrines" of minion density which they can then alter by recasting the totem.
Or a support gem that would have the same function and could be linked to any totem.
The problem with that is: how would such a support gem level? Only with Rejuvenation does it make sense.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ecogen wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Smoke Mine shouldn't care about line-of-sight. At all. As long as the mine still exists (it's possible to be destroyed), detonating it should take you there.

I actually think the idea of a minion rallying totem might be cool, although I kind of doubt this is the plan GGG has for the minion rallying skill currently in development. I think one change which would actually be a considerable benefit is changing Rejuvenation Totem so that your minions are "junkies," immediately moving to within range when the totem is cast and only considering actions which would not place them outside that radius while the totem is still up. This could allow a decent amount of "soft" minion control, allowing summoners to essentially create "shrines" of minion density which they can then alter by recasting the totem.
Or a support gem that would have the same function and could be linked to any totem.
The problem with that is: how would such a support gem level? Only with Rejuvenation does it make sense.

I know this is waaaaaay off topic, but I wish there was some way (unique item?) to link minions to Searing Bond (at a fraction of the damage). Something about the above exchange reminded me of the thought, and I thought I'd share.

Otherwise, from a design->play style experience, I view minions much the same as totems, except totems utilize more active engagement. At least, so it seems to me.. I've never been particularly fond of minions due to their more-passive nature, whereas I've always been actively aggressive with otherwise likewise-passive totems. Along that train of thought, I've always been of the opinion that minions would be much more interesting (to me) if they had a quantity of behavior altering totems to support them. Not just one or two, but a handful of them with subtly different behaviors. I think this would fit especially well with our limited action bar slots.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info