Final attempt to get some answers.

"
Zelpo wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
There's a currently planned upcoming skill that performs a similar function (untrapping minions), but in a much more balanced way.

It's likely to be in the next content patch, 1.1.3.

Should probably pin that in all forums to keep the Butthurt Brigade murmurs to a minimum ;)

Typical GGG way, nerf something to the ground in one patch, without giving any alternative and maybe is some next patch they will throw some bone...

There is such hallow circle since release and maybe some ppls are happy with such treatment, but I personally am fed up with such amateurish design.

And no, I haven't used Smoke Mine on my summoners, it's just about principles.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 10, 2014, 5:06:01 AM
My character is desyncing so much i lately end up with head in toilet :|
Vaal glacial hammer.. yep..tried it many times and this skill just.. well.. is meh in practice.

Positioning is also better done by instant (leap slam) or reliable (l warp) instead of clunky mine that dies to aoe (without notable). I tried heavily to use smoke mine and whike blind is nice it does nothing vs spells

Replaced it with freeze mine and got much better utility
Can any more info be shared on how the new Skill gem will work? I assume it might be identical to the Smoke mine but without the Blind and Speed boost effect after detonation, and ofc. it wouldn't be a "mine" in the first place.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
It was a needed change, if lightning warp doesn't warp minions as a clearly caster tool, smoke mine shouldn't either. Besides, what connection could a classic shinobi trick have with summoners?

But, yes, summoners should have a specialized skill that rallies minions around you (and maybe heals them a bit or gives some temporary defensive buff), I'm just against it being smoke mine.

About smoke mine usage I agree it's clunky, which makes it unpopular. If it was reworked to 'smoke bomb' which gives a smoke cloud instantly, blinding enemies and rendering you invisible for a couple of seconds or until you attack it would see heck a lot more use.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 10, 2014, 6:36:01 AM
They should've implemented new skill at the same time they changed smoke mine, this is just a sign of how awfully they are out of touch with their own game, it sadness me.
"
sidtherat wrote:
so will you be removing Smoke Mine from the game?

because it has no current/valid use now. i havent seen any guide recommending usage of this skill. it being a mine (and destructible) and requiring direct 'clean' LOS makes it unreliable and that smoke does nothing for spells

What? I'm using it to help killing in-your-face physical monsters (Oak etc) as well as a movement speed buff AND helping to open strongboxes safely
FFA loot is awesome, keep up the good work GGG!

~~IGN = KittiesYayPuppiesYay
"
Chris wrote:
There's a currently planned upcoming skill that performs a similar function (untrapping minions), but in a much more balanced way.

PRAISE THE LORD!
Last edited by FapMax on Apr 10, 2014, 7:05:23 AM
"
FapMax wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

PRAISE THE LORD!

LOL, THIS IS AWESOME
^lmao, agreed i laughed pretty hard.

Praise be Chris(t)?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info