New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

look!
negative thread on reddit, the Stronghold of Positive Feedback

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22w69v/exiles_everywhere_rapid_fire_vaal_skills/
"
CCR5 wrote:
look!
negative thread on reddit, the Stronghold of Positive Feedback

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22w69v/exiles_everywhere_rapid_fire_vaal_skills/

yep, there are also casuals posting on reddit.

why does "balancing" mean for some people that every build finally has to be able to somehow beat every monster?

is this people's understanding of a "hostile environment": horrible, huge evil monsters trying to kill you and you are the hero facerolling ALL content, all the measure being how fast you kill?

let's face it: some people simply don't like to be partially beaten by a game because they got used to be pampered with uber-powers by other games.
Last edited by cronus on Apr 13, 2014, 8:15:02 AM
"
cronus wrote:

reddit thread is about racing
racing where you can't overcome content by 20 levels
"
cronus wrote:
my level 84 witch died 2 times in a row to magnus

"
cronus wrote:

A softcore elitist?

Hrm... that's a new one...
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
cronus wrote:
every build finally has to be able to somehow beat every monster?

Well yes, any RPG would do well to offer you tools that enable 'every decently optimized build to "somehow" beat every challenge the game throws at you', skipping content leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. It shouldn't be confused with 'any crap you put together should faceroll everything'.

'Somehow' should be read as 'with a realistic amount of hassle'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 13, 2014, 9:09:59 AM
"
Gobla wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
my level 84 witch died 2 times in a row to magnus

"
cronus wrote:

A softcore elitist?
Hrm... that's a new one...

elitist? sry for that. what i wanted to say is: i have no problem with skipping content i can't beat.
"
raics wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
every build finally has to be able to somehow beat every monster?

Well yes, any RPG would do well to offer you tools that enable 'every decently optimized build to "somehow" beat every challenge the game throws at you', skipping content leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. It shouldn't be confused with 'any crap you put together should faceroll everything'.

'Somehow' should be read as 'with a realistic amount of hassle'.

the way i see it is that the amount of customisation available to players makes it difficult (impossible) for the game to provide adequate challenges for every build out there. an exile challenging the most overpowered build is naturally unbeatable by he other 95%.

and skipping content is part of many games, even titan quest which was an easy peasy good feeling play most of the time had 1-2 mid game bosses which scared the hell out of you and which you had to overlevel drastically before you could beat them.

in the end ggg probably achieved heir goal, people spend will more currency on maps and boxes because a +2 exiles property isn't the preferred option anymore.
Last edited by cronus on Apr 13, 2014, 9:24:35 AM
A WHAT?
Another thread re exiles???
On reddit?

Who is going to defend yolo balancing this time?

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22x4mx/i_dont_want_hardcore_league_to_become_invasion/
"
sxn91401 wrote:
I like this rogue who one shot my whole team.

Please add more balance like this and one shot every player off-screen for fun:D

Lol, you made my day :D
Thats how an efficient killing looks like :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info