New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

"
jeppesu wrote:
"
Gobla wrote:
"
jeppesu wrote:
Just wear a ruby flask and you will survive unless you play a glasscannon build, my 86 Scion with 82% fire resistance (92% with ruby) could tank the flameblast in Invasion.
Also, it's ridiculosly easy to avoid it unless he is hasted.

Personally I like this exile.

See! Perfectly balanced.

As long as you have 7% increased maximum resistances and a ruby flask ready it'll provide a tough but challenging fight.

You don't need 7% increased max resistances, just wear a Ruby for safety in case you somehow get caught in the flameblast which on the other hand is REALLY easy to avoid.
Especially in Invasion it's almost mandatory to wear a Ruby and if that's too much work for you guys then I have nothing to add.

EDIT: Sure, he might need to be somewhat rebalanced but with a build having a fair amount of damage/defense and at least some mobility it's still not a problem.

I would also like to add that this is a GAME, what do we play games for? Challenge probably. If not? Then don't play high level maps.
It is NOT FUN to run around being able to facetank everything with no strategy what so ever after it gets nerfed because of whining people on the forums playing glasscannon builds.

Sure if GGG increase number of flask slots i will have always ruby, sapphire, amethyst, topaz, jade, granite, quicksilver, life and mana flasks, but with only 5 you cannot have all you will need just in case.
And for some reason he is desyncing a lot for me, fought him 3 times and all the time same story on my screen i avoided flameblast but i take damage somehow. And he managed to oneshot me at lvl70 map with 0 damage mods with 5.2k life and 77% fire resist.
GL HF
Last edited by Lepperek on Apr 10, 2014, 8:10:28 AM
"
raics wrote:

Absolutely right, I was very low level and reflected damage is a total bitch if you go glass cannon.

:0

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 10, 2014, 8:51:39 AM
@jeppesu

So you mean we have to wear Ruby Flask all the time? I guess we need all three elemental res flasks on our belt permanently now, so where's the room for Armor Flask? Evasion Flask? Movement speed Flask? Wow, this is a headache, I need a CwDT linked to Portal so I can change my flask all the time without dying then. BUT WAIT! What if they use Vaal Skills? Fuck evasion builds, Imma go tank! TANK EVERY DAMN ATTACK IN GAME! WOO! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! Ok, now I wanna go farm with a party. WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE TANKS? CAN I GET A SUMMONER, AN ARCHER OR SOMETHING? DID ALL OF THEM DIE?

#sarcasm
"
Alea wrote:
"
Especially in Invasion it's almost mandatory to wear a Ruby and if that's too much work for you guys then I have nothing to add

y but well maybe need to have the full collection then with chaos pot & light pot (why not cold pot for rima or so ?) then bye life pots

Of course you can't have everything you need at all times, but seeing just fire exiles/invaders seem to be killing a lot of people I am wearing two health flasks, one quicksilver, one granite and finally a ruby. This had worked well for me so far.

I think a good balance to the exiles in particular would be to restrict their use of Vaal skills, seeing we as exiles have to gain souls to use them it makes no sense that they can spam theirs.
"
raics wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
raics wrote:

That's probably it, I remember knocking my tooth out with a bounced-back branch while chopping firewood as a 10-year old or something, since then I've had a distinct aversion for manual labor.

Obviously you did it at low level and poorly equipped.
You had to farm for better axe and increased physical resistance items (mouth/head protectors for e.g). Or just buy them, as everyone does. Your fault.

Absolutely right, I was very low level and reflected damage is a total bitch if you go glass cannon.

i would rather blame rng for it :)
"
DeathRiver wrote:
@jeppesu

So you mean we have to wear Ruby Flask all the time? I guess we need all three elemental res flasks on our belt permanently now, so where's the room for Armor Flask? Evasion Flask? Movement speed Flask? Wow, this is a headache, I need a CwDT linked to Portal so I can change my flask all the time without dying then. BUT WAIT! What if they use Vaal Skills? Fuck evasion builds, Imma go tank! TANK EVERY DAMN ATTACK IN GAME! WOO! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! Ok, now I wanna go farm with a party. WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE TANKS? CAN I GET A SUMMONER, AN ARCHER OR SOMETHING? DID ALL OF THEM DIE?

#sarcasm

Actually, specially in invasion a ruby flask is very recomended, since most of the dangerous and oneshotting mobs are fire based, such as bladeback guardian, corrector, firestarter, guardian of mound and evocata

This said, i killed him yesterday no problem in a 69 map. His maxed or almost maxed flameblast did 3k damage nearly. I have 76 fire res btw. Also his flameblasts are sooooooo easy to avoid if you go with care.

All people getting oneshotted where probably affeted by his flammability or had crap equip/builds. Next time carry an anticurse flask, which you should always have anyway.

Perfectly fine exile imo. Dangerous in extra damage maps, fine in any other part
"
jeppesu wrote:
Just wear a ruby flask and you will survive unless you play a glasscannon build, my 86 Scion with 82% fire resistance (92% with ruby) could tank the flameblast in Invasion.
Also, it's ridiculosly easy to avoid it unless he is hasted.

Personally I like this exile.

well when i discovered him i was like level 58 with 75% fire resist and i was dead before i even saw him or knew what was going on. it was a 'wait what just happened' moment

its also kind of stupid that some exiles are super easy and some are tough for many builds. imo if you are going to have some exiles tough for all the least u can do is make em drop a lil somethin extra than the crappy ones
Last edited by Vexcesban on Apr 12, 2014, 11:33:38 AM
my level 84 witch died 2 times in a row to magnus making me furious, just as a disclaimer.

but where is the problem with having an exile which can't be beaten by 90% of the player base and not even in groups? sure, you have to skip him but i had alot of fun running maps in a group where the "live regeneration ground slam exile" we initially skipped followed the group through labyrinth all the time making the map more interesting...

i think the problem is that people got used to faceroll content as exiles before and now can't adjust to the new situation. "spawning an exile" as a box (or map) property isn't a preferred choice anymore, so players are rather skip the box if nobody wants to spend the currency to reroll it. this need to make a decision definitely adds to the gameplay.

Yeah, I'll check back in a few weeks when the new Invaders and Exiles get nerfed.

Why does everything enter the game broken anymore? I can't remember the last time they released a decent, balanced enemy or item.

They want to kill you like the game is a roguelike where dying 500 times doesn't matter, but they want you to play the game like a long-term MMO. Basically, they want the Hardcore crowd to play Softcore, or go elsewhere. My friends and I have all gone elsewhere.

There are so many conflicting design decisions in this game that will ultimately lead to its demise if they don't start really figuring out what to do with the game. The balance and performance issues only compound this issue.
Team Won
met him yesterday and it was pretty funny because im a flameblaster myself. his was charging a little faster than mine but i still burned him. i dont know what people are whining about. the only thing op about him is how he looks! that awesome cowboy badass hat. i want that on my character :D
IGN: CyganuHipsterDischarge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info