Removing a rotten tomato in a dozen of rotten tomato

"
tempallo wrote:
my post was a compain in fact.
im a caster, yes. but you and other ppl still cant realize how much op some builds will be.
take for example ci dagger crit.
they have 1 dmg gem more than others: melee dmg on full life. and even if they remove a gem for block reduce, they still 1shot. the only difference is that they will just hit you almost everytime. molten is the only defensive thing i got against flickers.
this gem is another nerf to casters build, i cant understand how ppl is not realizing this.
the only def a caster have against melee was block. period.
the thing is that 70% of the pvp population have no clue on what they are doing and how most of gem can be used, and just complain because they get 1 shotted.
"OMG YOU 1 SHOT ME YOU OP I GOT 3500000000 DMG 5K LIFE HOW YOU KILL ME 1 HIT !!!11!!"
thats it.

This is what I'm pointing. For casters, even without block you can still defend yourself by using a molten shell when facing a melee opponent lets say crit dagger. For melee, the only way to counter and survive a crit dagger is by using block. Now with the block penetration gem, tell me how can a melee still survive a crit dagger? Even before with a max block, it's very hard to face them.

Tell me how can this be a nerf to casters? Where in fact it's a very powerful buff. Spells can now penetrate max blocks, as I've mentioned casters don't rely on block alone, they have their OP molten shell.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 9, 2014, 7:41:27 AM
"
Grildrak wrote:
First thing: Block is tuned down not removed, it forces your opponent to drop damage support gems to lower your block, not totally remove it.

Secondly: PvP now being more random? LoL wtf block is a purely random, all or nothing spike damage creating defence making pvp be all about one shots. What pvp needs to be about skills is less random damage spikes and more consistent damage.

Yes it's not removed. But who is crazy enough to do a block build now? Facing a 2h sword melee with 55% block reduction + 39%(level 20) on gem + 5% extra on quality = 99% block penetrate.

Yes block is random, pretty obvious that's why it is chance to block. And it's not guaranteed everytime. Again where did you put your logic?

"
Grildrak wrote:
Yes super easy to do between rounds I just need to bring a few stacks chromatic orbs with me...
or corrupt my chest hoping for white sockets risking totally ruining it. Edit: not just any white socket need to be the right socket turning white. I do not like the odds of that.

LMAO while reading this, ofc you will replace it with another gem with the same color, added cold, culling strike, etc. It's only an additive option. Where the hell did you put your logic?

"
Grildrak wrote:
I do also have a few blockers if that matters in anyway. But I also like molten reworked, the number remote mines you can place without taking any mines nodes reduced, base crit multiplier reduced, curses reduced in effectiveness by half (like how they work against bosses). All those things are massive nerfs for me. I am not trying to cry for GGG to change to game to fit any of my builds. The block change was a first very important step that they should have taken long ago before so many blockers started thinking they owned at pvp and now are hearth broken to find out they are just average.

I'm not talking about your other builds. I'm talking about your caster. Please answer my question again.
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
Yes block is random, pretty obvious that's why it is chance to block. And it's not guaranteed everytime. Again where did you put your logic?

If you understands that block is random why did you say PvP is becomming more random with block being nerfed?:
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
Is this the balance you are looking for? Removing block builds on PvP? PvP is now RNG, not skill wise. Pretty sad.

"
Pusciferrr wrote:
LMAO while reading this, ofc you will replace it with another gem with the same color, added cold, culling strike, etc. It's only an additive option. Where the hell did you put your logic?

adding some green gem will be far from being enough to compensate for the dps loss in having to drop the blue crit multiplier support gem. So my point still stand we lose some damage to be able to use block reduction when we need it.

"
Pusciferrr wrote:
I'm not talking about your other builds. I'm talking about your caster. Please answer my question again.

What question? If I use molten? Yes, so what? You already know that. But had you cared to read what I wrote you would know I also wanted molten changed/nerfed as well.

PvP needs to be made less about spike damage and to do that we need to fix: block, crit and mine stacks. Block is finally fixed now we need to nerf crit and mines. Omg yes I know I am so biased and trying to make my own build OP by asking for nerfs to what I myself am using -_-

Also please stop using "where did you put your logic" I don't even think you know what the word means..
Last edited by Grildrak on Apr 8, 2014, 2:55:08 PM
Pretty sure if this gem didn't apply to swords/daggers (which it shouldn't of to begin with). This thread wouldn't even exist. We wouldn't have delusional people thinking they know all the angles of pvp and bitching. Every other line is DAGGER DAGGER SWORD SWORD....moltenz!. Block was an issue and is now solved. The gem is an added layer of meta that requires sacrificing a gem slot. Its still a viable option to take block and If you're going to neglect taking block because you think every guy is going to be double dipping sword nodes/gem making your build trash....well thats pretty stupid. Psst...want to know a secret? If you use a shield but didn't commit to block at all, you could force someone unknowing to use the gem...cutting their damage potential while you didn't give a shit in the first place. It works both ways, start using your brains. Plus 9 out of 10 times you wont be facing that big bad sword guy with gem+tree passives who seems to haunt you in your sleep. What you will be facing is casters,trappers,some other form of melee and more often then anything else a scrub dagger. Close this thread, pusciferrr you're wrong and your argument is summed up with" gem shouldn't work for dagger/sword"...move along now children.

Ps. This gem killed NOTHING. It made 1h/weapon/caster/everything stand a chance in the hands of a good player. If you expected this game to just be afk style block duels and camping with molten/tempest all day for the rest of its life span...well guess you were wrong. This is a great step forward and I hope we see even more progress at this level. Skill > bull shit, one day PoE pvp will be where it needs to be. Next step would be to re-tweak this gem to not work for sword/dagger then re-think 1hit kill potential because of 1 underlying issue ..crit multiplier.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 8, 2014, 3:03:03 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Pretty sure if this gem didn't apply to swords/daggers (which it shouldn't of to begin with). This thread wouldn't even exist. We wouldn't have delusional people thinking they know all the angles of pvp and bitching. Every other line is DAGGER DAGGER SWORD SWORD....moltenz!. Block was an issue and is now solved. The gem is an added layer of meta that requires sacrificing a gem slot. Its still a viable option to take block and If you're going to neglect taking block because you think every guy is going to be double dipping sword nodes/gem making your build trash....well thats pretty stupid. Psst...want to know a secret? If you use a shield but didn't commit to block at all, you could force someone unknowing to use the gem...cutting their damage potential while you didn't give a shit in the first place. It works both ways, [Removed by Support]. Plus 9 out of 10 times you wont be facing that big bad sword guy with gem+tree passives who seems to haunt you in your sleep. What you will be facing is casters,trappers,some other form of melee and more often then anything else a scrub dagger. Close this thread, pusciferrr you're wrong and your argument is summed up with" gem shouldn't work for dagger/sword"...move along now children.

Ps. This gem killed NOTHING. It made 1h/weapon/caster/everything stand a chance in the hands of a good player. If you expected this game to just be afk style block duels and camping with molten/tempest all day for the rest of its life span...well guess you were wrong. This is a great step forward and I hope we see even more progress at this level. Skill > bull shit, one day PoE pvp will be where it needs to be. Next step would be to re-tweak this gem to not work for sword/dagger then re-think 1hit kill potential because of 1 underlying issue ..crit multiplier.

You don't care about this since your build is 2 hand so please step out and stop being Mr. WhoKnowsEverything. Equiping a shield would force them to use a pene gem and reducing their DPS? Well how about your dps when you equipped that shield instead use dual wield or just use 2 hand for more DPS? Which has the more draw back? Ofc the one who equipped the shield. 1 slot is nothing. Try removing Faster Attacks and tell me how much DPS did you lose? Is it a lot? I don't think so. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 9, 2014, 7:42:12 AM
I'm not surprised that everybody argues with this are Casters and 2Handers.
Last edited by Pusciferrr on Apr 8, 2014, 3:20:58 PM
"
yardiegamer wrote:
ah... there was a counter to RF =] Just so you know.

Oh and this, this is like saying there was a counter to block..just grab a sword. So based on this logic and directing it toward everything pvp related theres atleast 1 counter (1 one dimensional one that you have to commit to) for everything. That means pvp was perfectly fine this entire time then? That must be it, GGG should of just focused on pve because there was nothing to see/fix here.
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
I'm not surprised that everybody argues with this are Casters and 2Handers.

Are you blind man? This has nothing to do with being a caster or a 2h sword user. Im so far from being bias its laughable. Next time you want to debate something, stop reading between the lines and ignoring what people write. Instead you read "I use a sword, I use a spell....so im ok with this". You have blinders on buddy, seriously.
Theres nothing wrong with this gem. The only problem is that it allows sword users to double dip. Easy solution, nerf it so swords cant use the gem or reduce the block in the tree. The gem itself was a must need for PVP in order to create build diversity. I for one am tired of all the block aegis builds.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
"
tempallo wrote:
my post was a compain in fact.
im a caster, yes. but you and other ppl still cant realize how much op some builds will be.
take for example ci dagger crit.
they have 1 dmg gem more than others: melee dmg on full life. and even if they remove a gem for block reduce, they still 1shot. the only difference is that they will just hit you almost everytime. molten is the only defensive thing i got against flickers.
this gem is another nerf to casters build, i cant understand how ppl is not realizing this.
the only def a caster have against melee was block. period.
the thing is that 70% of the pvp population have no clue on what they are doing and how most of gem can be used, and just complain because they get 1 shotted.
"OMG YOU 1 SHOT ME YOU OP I GOT 3500000000 DMG 5K LIFE HOW YOU KILL ME 1 HIT !!!11!!"
thats it.

This is what I'm pointing. For casters, even without block you can still defend yourself by using a molten shell when facing a melee opponent lets say crit dagger. For melee, the only way to counter and survive a crit dagger is by using block. Now with the block penetration gem, tell me how can a melee still survive a crit dagger? Even before with a max block, it's very hard to face them.

Tell me how can this be a nerf to casters? Where in fact it's a very powerful buff. Spells can now penetrate max blocks, as I've mentioned casters don't rely on block alone, they have their OP molten shell.

No offense but I think you are one of the 70%.

duel me whenever you want and let's see who is one of the 70%
IGN: SPLATTERBOOM
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info