Removing a rotten tomato in a dozen of rotten tomato

GGG made another build USELESS in PvP. RF was done pretty bad and now block? What's next?

They listen to PvE players who played PvP for a week or two. These "PvE" players ruined PvP scene. Nerfing so called OP builds to the point where these builds are unplayable in PvP.

Do GGG even PvP? Most good PvP players cleverly counters each build without a problem and not asking for a nerf(well this excludes RF ofc).

Block is a defense like Acrobatics. Is it fair to add "Chance To Hit An Acrobatics" gem in the game then?

This is a major buff for Casters, they can now drop their block chance and put it in crit or more ES. Besides even without a shield, they can rely on their 1 hit molten shell espesially now with block penetrate gem.

As for 2 Handed Sword with Kaom's it's a perfect buff. For RMT'ers you can drop your faster attack gem unless you want to mirror again for 2 green slots. Lol

Dagger Crit Shadow is now safe to say, GOD in PvP. Waiting for a dual wield crit mirrored dagger as block is now useless.

And for 1 Hand and a Shield
Spoiler
R.I.P.
ah... there was a counter to RF =] Just so you know.
Team Omniscient

"
yardiegamer wrote:
ah... there was a counter to RF =] Just so you know.

Yeah I know, what I meant is everybody is aware that it needs to be nerf. As it does incredible damage and has no damage reduction in PvP.
"
Pusciferrr wrote:

Block is a defense like Acrobatics. Is it fair to add "Chance To Hit An Acrobatics" gem in the game then?

Acrobatics is 30% chance to dodge, block 75%. I don't think you really can compare those 2 things like that.

Also at least for my fireballer I have to drop my

making me lose 33% of my dps. You dont really think about the fact just to use this gem everyone will drop some dps. Maybe crit is still op even after droping that but lets test it before crying about it. Block was op for a very damn long time it is nice with a change in the meta.
just remove block and get more dmg and more life/es, thats it.
welcome to path of 1 hit kill
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
Pusciferrr wrote:

Acrobatics is 30% chance to dodge, block 75%. I don't think you really can compare those 2 things like that.

Also at least for my fireballer I have to drop my

making me lose 33% of my dps. You dont really think about the fact just to use this gem everyone will drop some dps. Maybe crit is still op even after droping that but lets test it before crying about it. Block was op for a very damn long time it is nice with a change in the meta.

Acrobatics is 30% chance to dodge just for 1 node. 75% chance to block is like what? More or less 15-20 nodes. They are both defense so you can compare them.

You drop your DPS 33% just by 1 gem(crit is insane then)? Imagine blockers how much dps would they waste just to get their block nodes. And you can easily boost your DPS by swapping that block pen gem if your opponent doesn't use block. Blockers don't have that option. Where did you put your logic? Lol

I know you don't rely on blocks, since you have your OP molten up every time right?
"
tempallo wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. Block is pointless now.

What build are you playing? Caster? Melee?

If you're a caster I guess you also rely on your 1 hit molten that's why you don't have a problem.

I think you're a caster. I can tell.

Is this the balance you are looking for? Removing block builds on PvP? PvP is now RNG, not skill wise. Pretty sad.
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
Removing block builds on PvP? PvP is now RNG, not skill wise. Pretty sad.

First thing: Block is tuned down not removed, it forces your opponent to drop damage support gems to lower your block, not totally remove it.

Secondly: PvP now being more random? LoL wtf block is a purely random, all or nothing spike damage creating defence making pvp be all about one shots. What pvp needs to be about skills is less random damage spikes and more consistent damage.

"
Pusciferrr wrote:
And you can easily boost your DPS by swapping that block pen gem if your opponent doesn't use block

Yes super easy to do between rounds I just need to bring a few stacks chromatic orbs with me...
or corrupt my chest hoping for white sockets risking totally ruining it. Edit: not just any white socket need to be the right socket turning white. I do not like the odds of that.

"
Pusciferrr wrote:
I know you don't rely on blocks, since you have your OP molten up every time right?

I do also have a few blockers if that matters in anyway. But I also like molten reworked, the number remote mines you can place without taking any mines nodes reduced, base crit multiplier reduced, curses reduced in effectiveness by half (like how they work against bosses). All those things are massive nerfs for me. I am not trying to cry for GGG to change to game to fit any of my builds. The block change was a first very important step that they should have taken long ago before so many blockers started thinking they owned at pvp and now are hearth broken to find out they are just average.
Last edited by Grildrak on Apr 8, 2014, 12:44:46 PM
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
"
tempallo wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. Block is pointless now.

What build are you playing? Caster? Melee?

If you're a caster I guess you also rely on your 1 hit molten that's why you don't have a problem.

I think you're a caster. I can tell.

Is this the balance you are looking for? Removing block builds on PvP? PvP is now RNG, not skill wise. Pretty sad.

my post was a compain in fact.
im a caster, yes. but you and other ppl still cant realize how much op some builds will be.
take for example ci dagger crit.
they have 1 dmg gem more than others: melee dmg on full life. and even if they remove a gem for block reduce, they still 1shot. the only difference is that they will just hit you almost everytime. molten is the only defensive thing i got against flickers.
this gem is another nerf to casters build, i cant understand how ppl is not realizing this.
the only def a caster have against melee was block. period.
the thing is that 70% of the pvp population have no clue on what they are doing and how most of gem can be used, and just complain because they get 1 shotted.
"OMG YOU 1 SHOT ME YOU OP I GOT 3500000000 DMG 5K LIFE HOW YOU KILL ME 1 HIT !!!11!!"
thats it.

anyway im pretty sure that good caster pvpers will find a way to survive this gem too, i almost found a solution.
the key and what is different between a bad and a good player is to ADAPT to meta, fixes and new things that will come, in this game like in every other game.

@grildrak: you are costantly crying about everything that beat you easy or that you have trouble against, or something you cant get. you made a glass cannon build, that can 1 shot ppl but that die in 1 hit. now why you complain? you want all other things nerfed so your fireball can still 1shot but you cannot be 1shotted? wtf are you talking about? you are in favor to this gem because you havent block and die anyway with 1 hit, so you for you doesnt matter, it favour you because now you can penetrate block too, so pls stop saying bullshit and try to say thing in a more non personal way.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Last edited by tempallo on Apr 8, 2014, 12:52:42 PM
"
tempallo wrote:

@grildrak: you are costantly crying about everything that beat you easy or that you have trouble against, or something you cant get. you made a glass cannon build, that can 1 shot ppl but that die in 1 hit. now why you complain? you want all other things nerfed so your fireball can still 1shot but you cannot be 1shotted? wtf are you talking about? you are in favor to this gem because you havent block and die anyway with 1 hit, so you for you doesnt matter, it favour you because now you can penetrate block too, so pls stop saying bullshit and try to say thing in a more non personal way.

LOL. Well I think this is a fairly complete list of stuff I have been arguing for changes to:

1. Block: (because it is totally random and insanely strong) sure it benefits my standard fireballer (not my blockers though but since you havent played against them you wouldnt know)

2. Base Crit multiplier: reduce the base mult from 150 to maybe 125?(massive nerf for my standard fireballer)

3. Curses: maybe half effect against players like they have on bosses(nerf again for my standard fireballer (using dual curses))

4. Molten shell (also a thing I am using in standard and personally never have any problem at all against)

5. Mines: reduce the number of remote mines you can place without taking any mine nodes (think I even was the first to use remote mines in pvp to one shot ppl (I am still using it) and I want that nerfed too)

I didn't know arguing 5 changes that mostly hurts my old main build would be considered constantly crying about things that beats me.
Last edited by Grildrak on Apr 8, 2014, 1:14:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info