Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

I notice while playing this build often time i 1 hit map bosses annyway so im not ever really using the culling strike item rarity barrage proc. Do you have any idea what 4 link could be used to replace that?
Hi! Amazing build, but I have few questions: what a gems and gameplay would be useful to 31 lvl (minimal character level for CoC)?
"
I notice while playing this build often time i 1 hit map bosses annyway so im not ever really using the culling strike item rarity barrage proc. Do you have any idea what 4 link could be used to replace that?

there is 3 categories of gems/gem sets you can use. Damage/Defence/Movement. I had something like frenzy-faster attacks-leap slam-portal. But my CoC-build had 5 frenzy charges and every one of them was giving me some %evasion. For leapslamming 2 brightbeaks on 2nd weapons set.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
mdjensen91- I would suggest some sort of "cast when damage taken" in the 4l if youre not using it, maybe use enduring cry, molten shell, or a defensive curse so that when you do get hit, the 2nd hit wont hurt as much afterwards. I only use the culling skill for farming piety/dominus really.

KTIM - due to how many crit nodes you need for CoC to be effective, you will have a hard time getting this to work at lvl 31. I would use the same gems though, and just look for a weapon with the highest crit possible.
Your dps calculations are somewhat off, mainly in how you factor in arc. Gonna present my own calculations:

This is harder to do without the ingame tooltips, but maybe more accurate (those tooltips really can't be trusted...). I'll first establish your +spell dmg and spell crit chance/mult based on your gear and tree. We'll then look at expected dps.

Tree breakdown gives 285% global crit chance, 90% global crit mult, 63% increased projectile dmg, 32% increased cold dmg, 32% increased spell dmg, 30% spell crit mult, 30% increased ele dmg,
You have 5 power charges for +250% crit chance.
Your gear has: 34% crit chance, 34% crit mult, 73% crit chance, 65% crit chance, 26% increased cold dmg, 26% crit mult.

So to add this together for your spells: 707% increased crit chance, 180% increased crit mult.
Also 32% increased spell dmg, 63% increased proj damage and 58% increased cold dmg.

Spell damages per proc:
After some fiddling i decided to throw this in a spreadsheet. Check it out here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qtKPSnWekOmxmbOKtPcb42Syt1Q1RJtMnijlsg9Xlxs

(I'm unsure about the barrage quality bonus, is it applied to linked skills as well? In that case, add 0.1 to the relevant "projectile increase" entries. Well, it doesn't make more than 3% difference overall, so whatever.)
Also mind this note about how different damage taken skills stack. In this case, shock and proj weakness are additive.

My result so far shows about 1.4 million elemental dps before reductions. After that it depends on ele weakness and base resists on the mob, plus resist caps where applicable. But no double strike build will tell you their dps after enemy armor, so there you have it: 1.4k million ele dps as long as your attacks all crit and you roll your CoC chance successfully. Reduce as necessary.

Have you considered crit weakness? 20/20 that's 80% more crit dmg and a flat +9% crit chance... Let me add a spreadsheet page for that.
Yeah, 2.1 million pure ele dps if you replace proj weakness with crit weakness. No knockback and pierce, but almost precisely 50% more (!) dps from the increased spell crits alone (who needs knockback/pierce when you have 2 million dps? Come on...). Not to even mention how you'd proc them more often in a more realistical ("not every attack procs a crit") scenario, and how you might get more shocks, more flask charges etc.

Also please keep in mind that I did this at 2 am, so feel free to point out any mistakes.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Jun 1, 2014, 9:21:39 AM
Last edited by majin715 on Jun 1, 2014, 8:34:12 AM
"
KTim wrote:
Hi! Amazing build, but I have few questions: what a gems and gameplay would be useful to 31 lvl (minimal character level for CoC)?

I'd suggest quill rain (best crits/second at that level, good luck getting a 1.5 aps 10% crit chance bow at lvl 31), voll's protector, discharge on CoC.
Note that I only tried it with a lvl 83 char (and tree), but in cruel ledge (which is quite a bit above lvl 31) and I was blown away by the damage it dealt. Neither my quill nor voll's are more than 3l, you really don't need much else.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, you'll need to figure something out for mana. My thief's torment is not playing in the same league (so to speak), you can try with mana flasks as I did, but it'll be somewhat painful. You won't have much max mana with voll's, so clarity is problematic, too. I never tried leveling with this (or a similar) build, I just grabbed a spare lvl 50 ranger that still had a tree reset available and went from there for my own CoC ranger.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Jun 1, 2014, 9:33:29 AM
"
MauranKilom wrote:
good luck getting a 1.5 aps 10% crit chance bow at lvl 31

For the level, this comes pretty close and is a lot nicer on the mana. I've seen them for as low as 1 Chaos (not 5-linked, of course).

Quill Rain might proc more often but not as consistently, in which case the base damage becomes even more of an issue. You can also run a low level Clarity on life.
Last edited by feyith on Jun 1, 2014, 12:21:54 PM
Hi all, my first post on these forums. I started a new char for this build a couple of days ago and started using it from 31 like KTIM has asked about. Just thought I'd add my two pence.

I'm currently using a 6L Tabula and I use a Doomfletch too. Mana was an issue until I dropped the other auras and now only use clarity. I also have elemental weakness CoC with split arrow but from this low level crit % was a bit of an issue so I have critical weakness to cast manually if I'm struggling to push out the crits (works at lot better at this level). Pushing the passives for all the crit nodes I could get there's been a few times I've felt like a bit of a wet-paper-bag-cannon but perservered and after picking up a load of life nodes can really see the potential in this even with shoddy gear! I did find decoy totem, bear trap and poison arrow a massive help as I've levelled. I think it's at 45 now, have around 35% crit, 50% with power charges and this will only ever improve - I can't wait!

Really enjoying this build Space, thanks!
Thanks very much for the answers, however I have one more question: would be this build is playable on HC-based leagues? If so, whether this build need a changes? And yes, do you using any vaal gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info