Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

Some very good discussion going on in this thread, thanks everyone for contributing. I'll try to address some of the points that were raised.

HC Viability - Absolutely no. As has been mentioned, lightning thorns and reflect have the potential to kill this build very very fast. The build is really fun, fast and interesting - but it is not tanky. Someone mentioned using frostwall in a cwdt setup to stop from killing yourself against reflect. I havent tried that, but I would be curious to hear if anyone has made it work. Warlords mark is a bad idea for this build - enfeeble or temporal chains are far superior as defensive curses if you choose to use them.

Leveling - It would be hard to lvl using CoC from lvl 31. I leveled using split arrow running wrath and anger. As bacurbacur said, facebreaker or spectral throw or searing bond would all be faster choices for leveling then CoC. I switched into using around lvl 50 or 60, once I had a good amount of crit nodes.

That culling 4l is pretty useless I agree. I used it for farming piety/dominus. It could be replaced with a defensive cwdt setup or maybe a movement skill, although the options with bows are limited. A vaal skill could go in here as well, maybe vaal haste.

Flasks... were not ideally rolled at the time i linked them. A Granite surgeons could be very nice, but without a solid source of leech (1%cold from doryanis belt is all) I really like having 2x instant heal flasks. It really reduces the amount of oh shit moments.

_stonewall_ - I think I mentioned elsewhere that wand+shield has the potential to be a superior CoC build. Wands can get good atk speed and 10%+ cirt, as well as spell dmg on the wand and shield. It would be a different tree and playstyle, but it could work very well.

bacur_bacur - I didnt really see any benefit to going for more auras. Nothing wrong with that idea though, it'll be less damage and more defense is all.

Freud 88 - I'm surprised you are even asking if your gear is adequate. Just chrome some things and your'e good.
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
_stonewall_ - I think I mentioned elsewhere that wand+shield has the potential to be a superior CoC build. Wands can get good atk speed and 10%+ cirt, as well as spell dmg on the wand and shield. It would be a different tree and playstyle, but it could work very well.

I just found:

that Crit Chance out does my Doomfletch + Crit Quiver. I'm using the same tree though. I don't mind not maxing out damage because it kills most stuff in 1 hit anyways. When we get a respec, I might fix it though.
hey just a quick question i just got my first ever 6L and im using ST, GMP CoC, Fireball, Arctic Breath for my last slow should i use arc or ice spear? iv got both lvl 16 atm and im not sure which to use arc seems to be fast clearing but i honestly dont know any advice?
Last edited by Ichigo_333 on Jun 4, 2014, 1:27:07 PM
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
hey just a quick question i just got my first ever 6L and im using ST, GMP CoC, Fireball, Arctic Breath for my last slow should i use arc or ice spear? iv got both lvl 16 atm and im not sure which to use arc seems to be fast clearing but i honestly dont know any advice?

Use arc. It doesn't benefit from GMP, but the shock will be good enough. Also, it will help in EE maps or against mobs that have high fire/cold res.

Ice spear doesn't really benefit a lot from the increased crit chance, since it already gets +600% crit chance in armed form. Also, the freeze duration is half as long if you're halving the damage with GMP.

I mean, I'm using versatility to my advantage in my build. I'm usually running FB + AB, if mobs have pure fire res I go with AB + Ice spear though. If I instead meet a nasty reflect pact, I run spark and summon raging spirit. Virtually impossible to gib you that way, plus it looks funny.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Jun 4, 2014, 4:21:15 PM
"
MauranKilom wrote:
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:

Use arc. It doesn't benefit from GMP, but the shock will be good enough. Also, it will help in EE maps or against mobs that have high fire/cold res.

Ice spear doesn't really benefit a lot from the increased crit chance, since it already gets +600% crit chance in armed form. Also, the freeze duration is half as long if you're halving the damage with GMP.

I mean, I'm using versatility to my advantage in my build. I'm usually running FB + AB, if mobs have pure fire res I go with AB + Ice spear though. If I instead meet a nasty reflect pact, I run spark and summon raging spirit. Virtually impossible to gib you that way, plus it looks funny.

I throw up a portal and fire away with CoC, respawn, collect loot. haha
Arctic breath is a ground projectile and therefore has its disadvantages, fireball alone is not enough to finish off huge packs of mobs and here comes arc. Arc chains which helps a lot, especially on maps like crematorium or any other map with a lot of small rooms. I have tried ab+fb+conc and ab+fb+arc and i must say clearing speed is much higher with arc. Concentrated Effect may be used on maps like gorge or plateau where there is not many environmental obstacles.

All in all, all gems have their use, build is not set in stone - experiment.

"
_StoneWall_ wrote:

I throw up a portal and fire away with CoC, respawn, collect loot. haha

And they ask me why i do not play on softcore. Cant wait for my last box and i am done with this mode. To hell with 90 on both leagues challenge.
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:

I`m using wand+shield, i started usind the CoC on lvl 31 and works fine, i think i`ll use this setup untill i have enought money to buy a windripper.

I have one question: The skills linked to cast on critical, when deal a critical hit, can cast itself and the others again? Ex.: I cast barrage and get a critical, cast the other 3 skills and one of then get a critical strike, it`s possible that critical strike activate the chain of casts again?
Havocz - no that's not how it works, only the attack can trigger spells on crit, the spells themselves cannot trigger other spells.
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
Havocz - no that's not how it works, only the attack can trigger spells on crit, the spells themselves cannot trigger other spells.

Thx!
"
MauranKilom wrote:
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:

hey thanks for the imput greatly appreciated, would u suggest using my first round of gcp's on arc i have nothing quality yet just wondering which would benifit more till i get alot =]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info