Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

my pc cant handle artic breath,which skill u would use instead
kefirhl - you are 100% correct about those damage calculations. My original post was figuring a "top end" damage assuming all hits and all crits. Realistically it will be much lower, but it still is a ton of damage.

The point you bring up about accuracy being rolled 2x to determine a crit makes me think that approaching 90+% cit it might be better to get accuracy than more crit.

qwertazx - You can replace arctic breath with ice spear for a fps boost. Since the recent buff to AB though it is far superior. You could also do EK, but GMP is a bad support for it

I got a PM from someone with some good questions, I'm pasting it in here.

"However, I have few questions:

Could your build be reworked to make it viable in HC? Obviously, in HC it's unacceptable that there's a possibility of one-shot looming in the air, considering those pesky reflecters.

How to cope with that? Obviously, 2 million damage is not needed, but even small dps levels are problematic. Any idea how to tackle that problem, while hopefully retaining high dps?

Also, do you think that Quill rain would work as a potential cheap replacement for Windreaper?"

For starters, making this build hc viable - You would replace arc with life leech gem in the 6l. I think you might also want to redo the tree to get vaal pact, this would make reflect not as much of an issue. You could do this by dropping some life nodes and aiming for vaal pact and the scion life wheel instead - at one point this was my plan, but being SC it wasnt a big deal for me. This is the best option I can think of for dealing with reflect - no arc means no shock stacks so less damage = less reflect damage.

Heres the deal with quillrain: I've seen some really nice cast on crit builds using it, but it would be a different build. You would probably need to use thief's torment ring to deal with the mana cost of attacking so fast - this is good and bad - you lose defensive stats on your ring (and no diamond rings for crit%) but you get extra life gain on hit and extra mana on hit, which will help sustain the crazy cost of attacking so fast.

If I were using quillrain I would use Ethereal Knives instead of another spell. The bonus to projectile speed from quillrain applies to it and will enable you to cover the whole screen with EK.

The thing about quillrain is that with a 5% base crit chance you are looking at 40-50% crit chance endgame. This is really inconsistent. You might miss 3 or 4 crits in a row when you really need them, and get in trouble. I havent used it myself, but seeing other builds it does not play anywhere as smooth as a windripper CoC. It definetly works, its just different.

Hello, i would have some questions plz.

Do you think this build with work with a harbringer bow with 9-9.5% crit chance ?

What do you think about dropping acrobatics and others to manage defence with Grace + AA + EB + MoM + clarity ?

Do you think this build will work as a wanderer ? I am leveling with it and actualy the only problem is to make powercharges. I tried barrage or power siphon or frenzy + GMP + Chain + PCoC and i have a lot of problems to substain more than 1 powercharge.

Thanks for your help :)
I wonder how a templar running Avatar of Fire + Three Dragons would do with a high phys bow linked: barrage + coc + fire dmg + EK + fireball + crit magnitude?
Garvil - Build will definitely work with a high crit harbinger, just wont attack as fast is all. Would work fine as a placeholder while you save up for windripper.

I've done some characters with EB/MOM/AA and its a really strong defensive combo. It is a little more out of the way as far as the passive tree goes though, so you wills sacrifice some life or dps nodes to get there.

I actually think that going for wands could end up with a much stronger build for CoC- wands and shield can roll spelldamage/spellcrit, and you will get more defense from the shield. Wands can get up to like 11% crit I believe so it could be really good.

Grumpy - I think thats a lot of trouble to go to to shock things with three dragons. Just use arc. I think avatar of fire is going to be a negative for most builds. It is a neat idea though, I bet it would work - I just dont know how well.
Thanks for your answer Space !

Well actualy, i am searching a good combo to make Power Charge.

Tried Barrage/Power Siphon and Frenzy...None let me have constant power charges.

Maybe it is than my PCoC is low level ? 20% quality and only lvl 8...Or maybe split arrow is far superior at this purpose...don't know.

Please, can you take a loot at my Wanderer MoM/AA/EB build ?

"
why not use

and cold snap on a trap with eleprof

i dont get why u choose to use spit arrow to curse instead of barrage and chain is that cause you dont got too 6l yet?
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
Garvil, build looks solid. I dont know much about wand builds - will you have enough crit % in tree?

And once PcoC lvls up your power charge issue should be a lot better.

Koez - Respite would be fantastic - I'm playing in Ambush though. If I had a 2nd 6l I might try barrage+chain for curses, but split arrow works fine. Barrage isnt as smooth to play though because it locks you in place for a second.
Ok, thx for your answer.

Tried this tree with my CoC EK build and i was at 88% critical (with 5 power charges up).

I will have 1 less in this build, but i will try to manage this loss with a ring.

I saw some wands at 12.36% crit chance... So i think i will be able to manage 95% crit chance :)

I am lvl 52 atm, if you don't mind, i will post my progression with stuff soon :)
Just watch the botw vid again. Diggin the colorful light show haha. Much more tolerable than dischargers imo :)
IGN:Flickfrap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info